tModLoader Lives & Injury

Injury v2.0.1
  • Added Band of Afterlife - Slow recovers up to 500 max hp
  • Added Heartstrings - Lets dropped broken hearts last longer
  • Added Life Vest - Adds resistance against injury
  • Added Wandering Heart (item and projectile)
  • Added Vitae
  • Added Enriched Vitae
  • Added injury on death (also config option)
  • Wandering Hearts replace Broken Hearts when over 400 hp
  • Vitae (made from Broken Hearts) is now used to craft Life Crystals
  • Removed definitions for Fortitude Bracer, Heart Catcher, Heart Mender, Life Line, Hearty Soup, Life Cereal
  • Added Vitae crafting risk (spawns wraith + applies curse)
See head post for better item descriptions + recipes!

Attachments

• Injury v2.0.1.zip
    71.2 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Hey Hamstar, would it be possible to add an option that allows injuries to heal naturally over time, based off of a configurable amount per second? Or just allow a configurable amount of injury to be healed per second with the default at 0? I love the concept of being hit hard leaving you vulnerable, but I don't particularly enjoy that it is permanent unless you go out of your way to heal up.

While it would still be in the player's best interests to carry around objects to ensure that they remain at maximum fighting capabilities, there are also times where injuries heal naturally, right?

Hey Hamstar, would it be possible to add an option that allows injuries to heal naturally over time, based off of a configurable amount per second? Or just allow a configurable amount of injury to be healed per second with the default at 0? I love the concept of being hit hard leaving you vulnerable, but I don't particularly enjoy that it is permanent unless you go out of your way to heal up.

While it would still be in the player's best interests to carry around objects to ensure that they remain at maximum fighting capabilities, there are also times where injuries heal naturally, right?
There are accessories for such healing, but they're hardmode only as of now. I could add some config options to allow crafting them earlier into the game.

Right, but is there any chance of having innate injury healing with the accessories simply expediting the process? Ie, say you get an injury. You would gain .003 (Or whatever you would have configured it to) HP back every second with nothing equipped. And if you were to equip a Band of Life, it would stack with the innate healing, returning you to your maximum health at a quicker rate.

I guess a better way to word it would be; I'd like to request a value in the configuration file:
"InnateInjuryHealPerSecond": 0.000055556

Right, but is there any chance of having innate injury healing with the accessories simply expediting the process? Ie, say you get an injury. You would gain .003 (Or whatever you would have configured it to) HP back every second with nothing equipped. And if you were to equip a Band of Life, it would stack with the innate healing, returning you to your maximum health at a quicker rate.

I guess a better way to word it would be; I'd like to request a value in the configuration file:
"InnateInjuryHealPerSecond": 0.000055556
I could add that as a setting, sure. You'd have to enable it yourself, though.

Enable it, as in, it won't be set by default (Or would be set to 0 or disabled)? Or enable it as in, I'd need to code it in the API or something that you've provided? I can totally do the former, but the latter's a tad bit more difficult for myself haha.

Enable it, as in, it won't be set by default (Or would be set to 0 or disabled)? Or enable it as in, I'd need to code it in the API or something that you've provided? I can totally do the former, but the latter's a tad bit more difficult for myself haha.
In the config settings. As in, you could use the Hamstar Helpers control panel to switch it on or off in-game, even.

Yeah, that sounds like a great idea. I'd really appreciate it, and I hope that other users would enjoy having more options as well.

Edited in: Another suggestion, while I'm at it. Is there any chance of allowing
"LowestAllowedMaxHealth": 20
To take a percentage into account? Ie, "LowestAllowedMaxHealth": 0.25 would set the lowest amount injuries could take you to 25% of your maximum health?

Last edited:
v2.0.2
  • Added alternate Vitae recipe using Life Crystals (4:1)
  • Added Wandering Heart recipe using Life Fruits (1:1)
  • Assorted internal refactoring
  • Added SaveModSettingsChanges to API
  • Added Mod.Call() bindings for API
  • Altered Enriched Vitae recipe to craft +2 for an additional +1 Vitae and +1 Wandering Heart
Edit:

v2.0.3
  • Changed Enchanced Vitae recipe to require Strange Plants (instead of Prickly Pears)

Attachments

• Injury v2.0.2.zip
    77.4 KB · Views: 137
  • Injury v2.0.3.zip
    77.8 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
Lives said:
v2.0.1
  • Changed to PacketProtocol-based net code (untested)
  • Relocated LivesPlayer connect code to new code file
  • Minor internal refactoring
  • Added lives reset after settings sync on join to server (if player created anew)
  • Fixed "continue" message flooding itself out of chat
v2.0.0
  • Refactored draw code to use config settings for positioning of lives display
  • Added mediumcore-with-revert value to "SignalDifficultyChange"
  • Implemented "continues"
  • Added config settings for effects to occur on "continue"
  • Restructured LivesPlayer "mortality" stuff into new code files (in particular, decoupled this code from PreKill hook)
  • Refactored UI display stuff for better form
  • Implemented "continues" drawing
  • Added inbox message about continues
v1.6.2.1
  • Updated to MH v4.2.3 (including conventions)
  • Switched snake case to camel case
v1.6.1
  • Updated to Mod Helpers v2.0.2
  • Added API Mod.Call() bindings
  • Restructured player code file
  • Added MP player load bug failsafe

Injury said:
v2.0.4
  • Updated for Mod Helpers v2.0.2
  • Added MP player load bug failsafe

Attachments

• Lives v1.6.1.zip
    25.1 KB · Views: 193
  • Injury v2.0.4.zip
    45.3 KB · Views: 288
  • Lives v1.6.2.1.zip
    24.4 KB · Views: 115
  • Lives v2.0.0.zip
    27.9 KB · Views: 97
  • Lives v2.0.1.zip
    27.7 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Lives
v2.1.1.2
  • Fixed incorrect ModContent.GetInstance call in ExtraLifeItem.ConsumeItem
v2.1.1.1
  • Updated internal code conventions (especially for MH updates)
v2.1.1
  • Updated for TML 11.5
  • Added ranges to some config settings
v2.1.0
  • Updated to TML11.4 and MH5b
Injury
v2.1.1.1
  • Fixed some incorrect ModContent.GetInstance uses
v2.1.1
  • Update to TML11.5
  • Implemented FloatInputElement for config
  • Changed config ranges to not use extremes
v2.1.0
  • Updated to TML11.4 and MH5b
  • Updated MH recipe groups
  • Fixed MH recipe group typos

Attachments

• Injury v2.1.0.zip
    94 KB · Views: 115
  • Lives v2.1.0.zip
    50.9 KB · Views: 102
  • Injury v2.1.1.zip
    94.3 KB · Views: 453
  • Lives v2.1.1.zip
    51.9 KB · Views: 128
  • Injury v2.1.1.1.zip
    93.6 KB · Views: 93
  • Lives v2.1.1.1.zip
    61.6 KB · Views: 78
  • Lives v2.1.1.2.zip
    61.5 KB · Views: 384
Last edited:
So I can't seem to get the icons and text in-game to pop up. it seems to be working but those two things just don't show up at all or if they do then i can't see or find them anywhere.

Clarify please.
Well, when the mod is one after I die like 3 times then it will quickly start to drain my health upon respawning and will keep doing that. No counter or anything will show up at any time to tell me how many lives I have and messing around in the config doesn't seem to do anything even if I bump my starting number of lives to 10.

Well, when the mod is one after I die like 3 times then it will quickly start to drain my health upon respawning and will keep doing that. No counter or anything will show up at any time to tell me how many lives I have and messing around in the config doesn't seem to do anything even if I bump my starting number of lives to 10.
Are you just using Lives mod? When you notice this happen in-game, send me your Logs/client.log, Mod Config/Lives_LivesConfig.json, and Mods/enabled.json files.

I've crafted 1-up, I can use it (there's animation and sound) but can't consume it (like Life crystal with max HP limit).
My world is not Hardmode yet, I do not use injury mod.

I've crafted 1-up, I can use it (there's animation and sound) but can't consume it (like Life crystal with max HP limit).
My world is not Hardmode yet, I do not use injury mod.
When you try, send me your client.log file and the Lives config file, if you've changed any settings.

Back
Top Bottom