Items living wood crate and crate tweaks

Jatopian

Terrarian
Since Living Trees are scarce unless one uses a certain seed, any particular Living Wood Chest item may not appear in a world, let alone in quantities suitable for multiplayer. Therefore, please give us a crate that contains Living Wood Chest loot? By surface forest fishing perhaps?

While I'm threading about crates, let me suggest adding some items to existing crates:
Mirage: all Pyramid loot
Azure: Fledgling Wings (you have to deal with wyverns to fish there anyway), Meteorite (dislike pitting my surface with a million meteorites)
Bramble: Living Mahogany loot, such as the Living Mahogany Wand and Honey Dispenser.
Obsidian: Magma Stone, Obsidian Rose
Hellstone: Magma Stone, Obsidian Rose, Unholy Trident, Underworld vanity banners
Golden Lockbox: Bone Welder

Also please let Sky Fishing work at any elevation Floating Islands can spawn, for simplicity's sake, or perhaps tie Sky Fishing drops to the presence of Cloud. It was really aggravating when I was first fishing and none of the Sky Lakes in my world let me catch Sky Crates or Sky Quest Fish. If you can't get cloudfish in a lake of pure cloud, something's screwy.

This is a pass from me for the following reasons.

Living Wood and Pyramid loot are exclusive to those microbiomes.
Magma Stone, Obsidian Rose, Unholy Trident are enemy drops. So thats a no as well.
Fledgling Wings: This is a Journey Mode Exclusive. And are actually the worst wings in the game.
Honey Dispenser & Bone Welder: These are common enough (25%, and 12.5%) that your pretty much guaranteed to find at least one.

As for the fishing issue. Simply make platforms above.

Agree with Pyramid Loot Fishing with OP. Fishing in general has always been an alternative to looting and searching, and considering Bundle of Balloons still has the old crafting style (no possible substitutes; not letting us use any other balloons with any jump boost inside it) , Sandstorm in a Bottle suddenly becomes super important. If they add atleast sandstorm in a bottle in the oasis crate, I don't even care about the rest of pyramid loot anymore.

About Living Wood loot.. hm. idk. nothing worth getting imo, and even then, I think Living Trees and their chests are pretty common. Much more common than pyramids, that's for sure.
Agree with point above for other drops, crates has always has been an alternative to chest searching/looting instead of for banners / combat-related drops, with some exceptions of special materials like crystal shards, ichor, and maybe ectoplasm? (i have a hazy memory, not sure about dungeon crates).

For Sky Fishing... making pools are super easy. All Pro Fishermen know the basics of water duplication, and with that in mind, you can create a pool anywhere. I found the easiest one from a video, probably by Chippy.

Just make a U shape out of 5 blocks (3 straight, one on top of each end). Hold down Bucket button on top of the left or right end. Profit. I hope they won't remove this (probably won't).

Living Wood and Pyramid loot are exclusive to those microbiomes.
I don't think we're likely to see microbiome-dependent fishing supported in the code, and it's not like a desert is guaranteed to contain an oasis either.
Fledgling Wings: This is a Journey Mode Exclusive. And are actually the worst wings in the game.
It doesn't have to be an exclusive. This is the Suggestions section, where we suggest that things change from how they currently are in the game.

Yes, they're crappy for wings, but not everything you get from crates is the same equipment tier you currently are at. I think this would be the only wings you could get from crates. It's also not like Azure crates are currently bursting with stuff you'd want to get in Hardmode that you couldn't get pre-Hardmode.
Honey Dispenser & Bone Welder: These are common enough (25%, and 12.5%) that your pretty much guaranteed to find at least one.
This was not my experience, and one of the functions of Fishing in general is to make up for when worldgen fails you. This is also why I suggest pyramid loot in Mirage Crates - note that this is the Hardmode variant of the crate.
As for the fishing issue. Simply make platforms above.
Yes, there exists a workaround so you can still fish sky stuff, but as a general principle, the existence of a workaround doesn't mean that the way things are is fine.

Back
Top Bottom