"Load Failed! No Backup Found"

Q Prime

Terrarian
So I was playing Terraria on PC, and then I took a break and saved the game twenty minutes later. Now that world doesn't load in and gives me the message that "load failed! No backup found". Anyway to fix this?

Check your recycle bin for older world files. You could also try making a minor edit to the world file in TEdit (like placing some random block somewhere in the world to "update it") to see if it fixes anything.
Of course, TEdit might also notify you that the world file is corrupt, which is more troublesome. I've had the same problem as you before and I fixed it through messing around with TEdit and its backup files, but that may not work for you if the file is totally corrupted.

Check your recycle bin for older world files. You could also try making a minor edit to the world file in TEdit (like placing some random block somewhere in the world to "update it") to see if it fixes anything.
Of course, TEdit might also notify you that the world file is corrupt, which is more troublesome. I've had the same problem as you before and I fixed it through messing around with TEdit and its backup files, but that may not work for you if the file is totally corrupted.
Thanks. I tried both things, but it seems the file was somehow corrupted. I guess I'll just have to restart and hope it doesn't happen again.

Thanks. I tried both things, but it seems the file was somehow corrupted. I guess I'll just have to restart and hope it doesn't happen again.
Tried any backup files? Both Terraria itself and TEdit should auto-generate backups, but depending on when exactly they saved they could also be corrupted.
Maybe I just got lucky with my own "Load Failed! No Backup Found" problem, I had to fiddle around with it for a few minutes to fix it.

Tried any backup files? Both Terraria itself and TEdit should auto-generate backups, but depending on when exactly they saved they could also be corrupted.
Maybe I just got lucky with my own "Load Failed! No Backup Found" problem, I had to fiddle around with it for a few minutes to fix it.
Yeah, I did, sadly no luck. At least my character didn't get corrupted.

Back
Top Bottom