PC load failed no backup found

ladidadida

Terrarian
I tried to look up solutions on the forums, etc., but nothing was really helping so I want specific advice. Everything was fine, but I wanted to update calamity and when I updated it gave me an error saying Load failed backup not found when I tried to load into the world. The world files are still there (.wld and .twld files) and I don't know why it is happening. I am not using cloud sync or anything either. Any solutions? Thank you in advance. I also had a backup file that I put in but it didn't work either

Thanks for your reply, it seems to be the problem. I am downloading your mod and testing to see if it works. Crossing my fingers.

EDIT: The world is fixed TY

Last edited:
i know this is a old pots but the same thing hapened to me and i have no mods i created a new world to kill the WE cuz i have the main world with red coruption so i killed the worm and tried to join my main world and its gone what can i do ??

i know this is a old pots but the same thing hapened to me and i have no mods i created a new world to kill the WE cuz i have the main world with red coruption so i killed the worm and tried to join my main world and its gone what can i do ??
Have exactly the same problem, it is a large expert world, i was after beating plantera and i spent about 90 hours on that save so i could really use some help

The same problem here. I was playing terraria with my boyfriend and when I closed world, it didn't save. This happened twice times, yesterday and few hours earlier. This is happening on the same world (I have one backup from beginning of game). It is problem with world, my character or Terraria?

Attachments

• 101662415_871737280011779_5274935462643892224_o.jpg
    101662415_871737280011779_5274935462643892224_o.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 1,946
Same thing happened to my large multiplayer world.
We just defeated Plantera yesterday, played some more and quit out of the game like any other day.

Today I tried to start up the map and got the message load failed, no backup found.
Also I can't view the map with TerraMap, and TEdit runs in an error, but at least shows half of the map.

I'm using vanilla Terraria version with no mods running.

We just defeated Plantera yesterday, played some more and quit out of the game like any other day.

Today I tried to start up the map and got the message load failed, no backup found.
Also I can't view the map with TerraMap, and TEdit runs in an error, but at least shows half of the map.

I had the same issue. I am playing on a multiplayer world with one other friend and I was the host that created the world. I sent the .wld and .wld.bak files to them and they hosted the world which works fine. Perhaps you could try this?

I've the same issue. This is the second time when I got this message on the same map. And I can't do anything to repair it. First when I got that no backup thing, I copied the seed and started all the stuff from the beginning. Now I've got another backup failed after 3 weeks later, and I just now claimed the hardmode. F**in aannoying. How is it even possible? I will never enable anymore the steam cloud.. And what can i do now? Start again from the beginning again?.. I"ve never before these crashes in Terraria history (1.3, 1.2, vanilla etc..) but now this 1.4 update is sucks really. I hope Relogic will do something with these situations.

Same, Medium world with no mods. recently beat plantera and pumpkin moon.

Attachments

• Stiff_Pothole_of_Murder.wld
    6.3 MB · Views: 245
  • Stiff_Pothole_of_Murder.wld.bak
    6.3 MB · Views: 122
I've been having the same problem. It happened once but the backup successfully loaded. There was also one time when I saved and quit, the world didn't actually save. Today, I was playing multiplayer and when everyone left I decided to save and quit and play on single player. Then it said the message "Load Failed! No backup found." When I tried to load it up via Host & Play, it just got stuck on "Starting Server." My world is a medium, no mod corruption world and we just defeated all three of the mech bosses. This also happened to my friend too on a similar world. I have the world on cloud, what else does terraria want me to do?

Same thing is happening to me
Medium World (new)

Mods;
•Upgraded Accessories
•Faster tools
•Large World enabler
•Apaachi’s classes mod
•AFKs pets and more
•Qwerty’s bosses and items
•Mod of Redemption
•Mod of redemption (music)
•Mod helpers
•Boss checklist
•Recipe Browser
Webmilio’s Commons
•Dust Trails
•Nerd mod
•Universe of Bows
•Faster start
•which mod is this from?
•OmniSwing
•LSMOD- Elements of life
•Rare Item Swap
•Boss Biome everywhere
•Insidious
•Fargo’s mutant mod
•The Argon mod
•Alex’s assorted arsenal
•The Soul Gatherer
•Random things
•Orion Mod
•Item Modifier
•Duke Fishron items+
•Quality start
•Dark Magic mod
•TheThrowingMod
•craftable books
•Goddess ring
•Samir’s content mod
•WissenMagic
•Void Matter
•Prefixes+
•Fortune’s treasure bags
•Fargo’s fish anything
•Lan’s house builder
•elven ears
•magic storage
•max stack plus
•wing slot
•More Wings
•reduced respawn timer
•full health respawn
•Census
•no more tombs
•prefixes for enemies
•simple auto chests
•botanist npc
•more chest loot
•imkSushi’s mod
•veinminer
•WeaponsOut
•Yet another boss health bar
•even more modifiers
•loot bags

i know it looks like a lot but i have played with them and more before so im not sure whythis happened.

another this is that i just updated the whol tMosLoader and all mods,I haven’t played for a while and was excited to have some time for terraria yet this happened!

has anyone found a solution yet?

I have just recently started a world with my friends and got this problem. (I do know it was recently but still, I would like to keep the progress, even if it wasn't much) After looking at these solutions I'm very discouraged that I'll be able to fix it. I'm not very knowledgable in the ways of files and computers and all that jazz and was just looking for a simple solution and now realize that is probably not possible. If anyone can give a simple solution or a video of how to work the Terraria files to fix it, I would be super grateful. Thanks to whoever gives the information in advance, if anybody sees this. I have an unmodded small world on classic and had just defeated Eater of Worlds and Eye of Cthulu. We had the voodoo doll and were very lucky with world gen. (example: jungle was very close, only one corruption spot and a very small one as well. Queen bee spawner almost at the surface and other things like that.)

Same problem here, used to work fine before (150 mods) and yet after some troubles with getting tmodloader to even launch i started getting that message. on all fresh generated worlds, cannot do anything sadly. Id be glad if someone Actually replied with an help anwser.

Back
Top Bottom