Loadout slots?

• Yes please c:

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Nah, Terraria doesn't need that.

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

Night

Plantera
I recently thought about how comfortable it would be to have ''loadout slots'' for your armor/vanity and accessory bar.
I was kind of surprised when I couldn't find any suggestions for that so here I go.

Here we see three different loadouts. A melee, a ranger and a mage one.
It can be annoying to switch between all the accessories or between vanity sets, so why not have loadouts?
(also those are not my actual ig loadouts)

AbCyr0z.jpg
Fi6W3e5.jpg
zGR3ojy.jpg

The idea is pretty simple. There could be letters (A,B,C) or numbers horizontally listed below your accessory / equipment bar. 'Below' because we already have a lot of buttons on top of this. (Which aren't shown since the screenshots are taking in singleplayer.)

By clicking on the buttons it would simply change your armor and vanity, your accessories and your dye. Explaining further how loadout slots work probably isn't important but there is one more thing I would like to add.
Since the loadout slots could easily be exploited to store dye, accessoires, vanity or armor I suggest that the stuff that gets changed has to be in your inventory/gets moved to your inventoy.

Feedback is appreciated! c:

And could you please explain why?
You could be using Full Beetle Gear and a terra sword and all that, and when your health gets low you could switch real quickly to a Spectre Armor setup so that you can heal really quickly, and then switch back.

You could be using Full Beetle Gear and a terra sword and all that, and when your health gets low you could switch real quickly to a Spectre Armor setup so that you can heal really quickly, and then switch back.

Which doesn't make much sense since equipping spectre armor would just put you in a much greater danger. Also there is melee lifesteal and potions.

Love the idea, would make the mining and fishing outfits a lot more viable. For the selector how about a number or letter of the current loadout displayed in a box with scroll arrows on either side allowing the player to scroll thru several selections with minimal clutter to the interface. Also would be nice if the money trough, safe and defender's forge were included as accessible inventory.

Back
Top Bottom