Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Once a summon (with "local damage cooldown") damages a monster, the timer that counts down until its next damage tick only counts down if it's in contact with a monster (or actively targeting, I would assume).

You can build a setup like the attached image (ignore the trap), which gives the summon one frame of contact with a monster, to see what I mean:

20201109004119_1.png

The first Unicorn summoned will be damaged by the Raven, the following 16 Unicorns summoned will NOT be damaged by that same Raven no matter how long you wait to spawn them, but on the 17th Unicorn (or if you resummon the Raven) it'll once again do damage, and then stop for another 16 Unicorns, etc.

Conversely, if you instead have a Spider/Deadly Sphere/Slime/etc in the box (which have a different damage cooldown type), it'll damage all monsters as they're summoned without missing a beat.

Local Immunity does not get updated when an NPC dies or spawns. The result of this is that if a minion is killed and a new minion reuses the same slot as the previous minon, the new minion keeps the iFrames from the minion that died. You wouldn't normally notice this bug this unless NPCs spawn very quickly. You should take this into consideration when trying to understand what the bug you are describing might be caused by.

Local Immunity does not get updated when an NPC dies or spawns. The result of this is that if a minion is killed and a new minion reuses the same slot as the previous minon, the new minion keeps the iFrames from the minion that died. You wouldn't normally notice this bug this unless NPCs spawn very quickly. You should take this into consideration when trying to understand what the bug you are describing might be caused by.
Yes, I wouldn't expect it to be updated by NPCs dying/spawning because it would increase how fast summons hit. I would, however, expect it to update over time when not in contact with an NPC, which is currently not the case.

Yes, I wouldn't expect it to be updated by NPCs dying/spawning because it would increase how fast summons hit. I would, however, expect it to update over time when not in contact with an NPC, which is currently not the case.
Local immunity uses a timer that needs to get updated by running the projectile's update code.
Static Immunity uses timestamps and will not have any problems if the update code is not run.

I wouldn't expect the projectile update to be skipped though. If that were to happen the AI would not run and the minion would stop animating (at least temporarily).

Local immunity uses a timer that needs to get updated by running the projectile's update code.
Static Immunity uses timestamps and will not have any problems if the update code is not run.

I wouldn't expect the projectile update to be skipped though. If that were to happen the AI would not run and the minion would stop animating (at least temporarily).
AI and animating still happen, but apparently localNPCHitCooldown won't decrease if there's no valid target, at least for Ravens.

I had assumed it was a more noteworthy issue that would (potentially) decrease DPS on fast-moving bosses where the summons maintained the i-frame counter for longer than they otherwise should due to requiring direct contact for it to decrease, but further testing has shown that merely the act of targeting something also causes the counter to go down normally.

Still something I'd consider a bug, but probably not a big enough issue that it'll end up getting fixed at this point.

Back
Top Bottom