Mobile Local Hosting not working ?

Kobyonekanobe

Terrarian
My brother and I got terraria a few days ago with the newest version v3.0.8. We were connected to the same WiFi and the signal was strong. I created a local host server with the multiplayer settings on, and he couldn't find my world. I restarted router and our phones many times, but still didn't work. I also tried do the mobile terraria server exe file on my computer and it ran into a windows problem. what should I do?

My theory: We are on different versions of ios. He is on 12.4.8 and I am on 13.5.1.
he has a iphone 6 plus and I have a iphone 7. His Iphone can't update to any newer generations of ios
Thank you

My brother and I got terraria a few days ago with the newest version v3.0.8. We were connected to the same WiFi and the signal was strong. I created a local host server with the multiplayer settings on, and he couldn't find my world. I restarted router and our phones many times, but still didn't work. I also tried do the mobile terraria server exe file on my computer and it ran into a windows problem. what should I do?

My theory: We are on different versions of ios. He is on 12.4.8 and I am on 13.5.1.
he has a iphone 6 plus and I have a iphone 7. His Iphone can't update to any newer generations of ios
Thank you
Hi there @Kobyonekanobe, welcome to the forums. :)

I don’t think the iOS versions being different should be a problem (it might be - or might not be - but it shouldn’t be). I’m wondering if there’s anything with your router that might be restricting something. Do you have any other devices with Terraria on it that can connect in the game? One more thought... it might be obvious and I know you said you were both on the same WiFi, but with phones it can be overlooked sometimes, but are you sure they were both using WiFi (and not using cell service).

For the windows problem that you had with the server on the computer, was it a an XNA error? There is a file that Terraria needs (on the computer) that can resolve that. Although that would be the first hurdle, as then after that you would need to port forward your router. A lot more details are here: Mobile - Terraria Mobile 1.3 Multiplayer Setup Guide

If nothing in the article linked above works to fix the issue, I recommend getting in contact with 505 Games support to see if they have more insight here: 505 Games Support

Back
Top Bottom