Wii U Local multiplayer help?

KwinsiiJongs

Terrarian
I bought Terraria Wii U Edition yesterday, but I can't seem to figure out how local multiplayer works.
It just says that the game can't find any profiles, which I assume to just be characters that I've made in-game.
So... can anybody help me? It'd be greatly appreciated. Much love, and thanks in advance! :happy:

I just created this forum account to thank you. I spent almost an hour trying to play local multiplayer with my girlfriend. Not a lot of help at first on the Internet (nor in the game Help section), then I found out this post.

I didn't even know that it was possible to create different user profiles on the Wii U.

Now it works perfectly fine!

?!?!?! how?? have 2 Mii profiles, but then what? Nothing happens when i press the + (start) at the second controller. What am i missing?? Only reason i bought the wii u version was so i could play this with my girlfriend...

^ This, i have multiple Mii profiles but still cant get local co-op to work an its the only reason i bought this game for the millionth time.
Is there any special settings or requirements that need to be active on the other profiles?

I don't think was answered properly.

I have the same issue, cannot access local splitscreen and I only purchased this to play with my girlfriend through splitscreen.

It is irritating because I just spent 30 dollars on a game which claims to allow multiplayer with Wii remotes and it seems to be either outright false advertisement or some bug in software or documentation.

Game help says to press + or a on the additional controller to use splitscreen.
Have tried this on two different brand new Wii remotes and nothing happens.
Developer statement only says to have multiple profiles on the Wii U.
We each have a profile, have each created a character and even a world in each respective profile. Yet we are never able to add a controller.

Here is how I did it:

- I create a new wii U local profile (following this article: http://en-americas-support.nintendo.../1716/~/how-to-add-a-new-user-(local-account))
- I started Terraria on this new local profile and I created a character
- Quit Terraria, switch back to my first Wii U profile and started Terraria on this profile. I open the world, then when I press '+' on the additional controller the second profile is displayed on screen! I just have to select it and I can play any character from that user profile.

It's strange because it seems to be exactly what you did ... Just take care that Wii U user profiles are not only different Mii.
You need to see something like this when starting the console: http://thewiiu.com/uploads/monthly_11_2012/post-1466-0-93442000-1352288915_thumb.png
And when you are on the Wii U home page (2 characters at center of screen) : http://www.christianharries.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/wii-u-4.jpg

Last edited:
You need to add additional user profiles on the WiiU itself in order to do splitscreen multiplayer.
Can someone please help me I'm trying to figure out how to pluy split screen on terraria and all it says is sorry you have no profiles can someone please tell me what to do I would appreciate it

Please tell us what step is the problem for you, what did you try exactly?

I'll try another way to explain it, a youtube video (taken ramdomly in the huge youtube video ocean ...)
This is an example about how to create a local account on Wii U (as you can hear even a very young boy can do it :) ):

Once it's completed, start Terraria on that new account, and create a character. Then you should be able to use that character on your first (main) account.

Hey jasjen, I have looked in two different jungles in two different worlds and no bees are dropping stingers, any tips? I would really appreciate it

So it is possible to play with just one wii u? I have 3 people that want to play, (me, my sister and brother). Even if it is possible, how would one go about placing blocks or fighting with a wii remote?

Signed up just to comment that A) It's not the bees that drop stingers, it's the hornets, which are bigger and more projectile focused; and B) to do split-screen with just one Wii U, you'll probably need controller attachments / other controllers like the Classic Controller or Pro Controller.

I spent 3 hours trying to figure it out but i cant just a waist of $30 idk why i got it i already have 2 3ds versions
[doublepost=1482675946,1482675928][/doublepost]I spent 3 hours trying to figure it out but i cant just a waist of $30 idk why i got it i already have 2 3ds versions

So it is possible to play with just one wii u? I have 3 people that want to play, (me, my sister and brother). Even if it is possible, how would one go about placing blocks or fighting with a wii remote?
My siblings and I play together on wii u all the time, you just need wii controllers with motion plus and a nunchuck. It is a bit trickier to do precision things like placing blocks and aiming projectiles with the arrow pad instead of another joystick but it still works! Hope that helps
[doublepost=1487271471,1487271277][/doublepost]This is a more random question but does anyone know how to do local pvp on wii u? There is nothing online that I could find about it. On the gamepad there is a button to push to activate it but it does nothing and we cant find anything to activate it on wii remotes. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom