Resolved [Mobile] Local multiplayer not working on iPhone 14.

Venza

Terrarian
My iPhone 12 was able to join and be joined by other devices on the same local network, but the same cannot be said for my iPhone 14. Ever since I got my iPhone 14, I am unable to see any local worlds, and when I host a game my world cannot be detected. I made sure I gave terraria permission to use my local network in privacy settings but this issue still persists. May I please know a fix for this? Thank you very much!

Edit - I’m also on the latest version as of November 2nd.

Last edited:
Does your iPhone 14 run iOS 16?

My family plays with two iPads. When the host iPad was updated to iOS 16 multiplayer stopped working.

I will write it again for the other frustrated players running searches: Terraria multiplayer is broken on iOS 16 in 2022.

All the steps to troubleshoot multiplayer have been done:
  • device reboots
  • router reboots
  • router firmware update
  • turned off all the new stuff in Wi-Fi > mywirelessnetwork > (tap the circle with the i), like Private Wi-Fi Address
  • toggled Privacy & Security > Local Network > Terraria
  • changed wifi networks
  • reset network settings
  • updated the second iPad to iOS 16
That last step was the big clue. Until the second iPad was updated, multiplayer worked if it was hosting, but game play was a little rough as the older iPad. Once it was updated, neither iPad could see the multiplayer game even after an hour with both iPads sitting next to each other on the same network.

My son is devastated; he can't find the Shimmer in his worlds, so multiplayer is his only way 😆

Seriously though, this sucks.

We will accept any other suggestions, even silly ones, to try to sort this mess. Otherwise multiplayer won't work on iOS 16 until someone figures out why.

(both devices are iPads Pro with enough RAM and free space; both are running Terraria 1.4.4.5 Build 977)

Thanks for the report, and sorry that this is happening to you! We’ve reproduced this on our end and have logged it in our tracker - hope to have it actioned soon.

Last edited:
I can confirm that this bug still exists, as I can’t connect to my iPhone 13 (running iOS 16) nor my son’s iPad running iOS 15 (gen 6). I’m running Terraria on an iPad iOS 16 (gen 7). is there a patch coming soon?

I can confirm that this bug still exists, as I can’t connect to my iPhone 13 (running iOS 16) nor my son’s iPad running iOS 15 (gen 6). I’m running Terraria on an iPad iOS 16 (gen 7). is there a patch coming soon?
Fingers crossed for "before the end of the year" ... we go on vacation soon and hope to battle the Empress of Light together

We've just released a patch (1.4.4.9.1) that addresses the local multiplayer issues! If anyone experiences further problems, let me know.

it happens to me and my brother as well, it does not seem like it got fixed in the critical issues patch this month.
need to double check again as well
edit: thank you so much for the fix!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom