Xbox One Local Multiplayer Split screen Always delegates me to 2nd player

VashTyphoon77

Terrarian
I love this game and especially love playing with my 2 kids in 3 player split screen.
For some reason, My profile is always being delegated to second player. This happens in any split screen game no matter whether it 2, 3, or 4 players. Wouldn't be to much of a problem If I didn't sit the furthest from the TV with one kid insisting on leaning in front of me constantly. lol. Takes the fun out it it when I have to tell someone to sit down every few minutes.

We have tried so many things to rectify this and nothing seems to work. I have the only adult profile on my system, it was used to purchase the game and start each game session game in a game world created by my profile. I've fully rebooted the hardware, cleared cache, started games with them signed out or signed in, assigned controllers, swapped controllers, and even reconnected all controllers.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to fix this?

After they sign in, go to YOUR profile's home screen by hitting the Xbox button. Make sure it's your avatar in the top left of the screen. Then when you start the Game you should be considered first player. Let me know if this works.

I have this same problem. First time i split screen i was top. Now i try to split screen and im always second. Wether i start game with only me logged in and then logg in kid profile in. I still directed to bottom.

I also tried loggin kid profile first starting game. Then signing in with my accoint still was sent to bottom

Last edited:
I have this same problem. First time i split screen i was top. Now i try to split screen and im always second. Wether i start game with only me logged in and then logg in kid profile in. I still directed to bottom.

I also tried loggin kid profile first starting game. Then signing in with my accoint still was sent to bottom
That's strange... Does this happen with any other splitscreen games?

The wording was an it weird for me but I'm dumb as :red:, what I did was I restarted my Xbox and then signed in as first player on my account, I then opened terraria and entered my game, and all while the other players controller was off then he signed into his account and selected his character and it was all good, they were seperate accounts btw

I love this game and especially love playing with my 2 kids in 3 player split screen.
For some reason, My profile is always being delegated to second player. This happens in any split screen game no matter whether it 2, 3, or 4 players. Wouldn't be to much of a problem If I didn't sit the furthest from the TV with one kid insisting on leaning in front of me constantly. lol. Takes the fun out it it when I have to tell someone to sit down every few minutes.

We have tried so many things to rectify this and nothing seems to work. I have the only adult profile on my system, it was used to purchase the game and start each game session game in a game world created by my profile. I've fully rebooted the hardware, cleared cache, started games with them signed out or signed in, assigned controllers, swapped controllers, and even reconnected all controllers.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to fix this?
I believe you have to play in the world with your character more than anybody else that plays in that console. What i mean is if you only play with other people that is bound to happen, so you have to play by yourself (or if you dont like to play alone just leave the controller sitting there while the game runs).
This happened to me since a friend and me played together a lot and one day he was on top as first player. After we played some time that way i started playing by myself in that world a bit more and when he came again it was fixed. Hope it helped (even if my answer was a little too late)

Back
Top Bottom