Blocks & Decoration Local Orb Buffs

RustMC | Jari

Steampunker
Hello dear Terraria Players,
So, over time ive been working out a idea for Terraria, a Local Buff idea, this means
instant buffs when a player enters a area, buffs like, jump boost, swiftness , faster regen , defense and so on...
There Buffs would be Limited per world, or EXTREMELY hard to make! Multiple world would be needed to craft this powerfull item!
a Orb would be perfect, just a floating orb in the background that gives off the effect of your choise in a 20-25 block range!
Here are some Names, Recipes and pictures i have been making!

• Orb of Swiftness ( gives the same speed as walking on asphalt in a 20-25 block radious )
  • Made with : - 50 Souls of Flight
- 2 pair of lightning boots
- 20 hallowed ingots
- 5 potions of swiftness

3258-5c3658afd6cf89f7080a5f8fbc12c556.jpg
This is how the orb would look!

• Orb of Heights ( Gives the same jump height as a frog leg and a cloud jump at the same time in a 20-25 block radious )
  • Made with : - 50 Souls of Night
- 2 pair of frog legs
- 1 pair of Bundle of Balloons
- 5 Gravitation potion
3259-e16bc39a1d5b8981dc2ffeb801712d20.jpg
This is how the orb would look!

More Orbs comming soon! hope you like the idea!

Attachments

• orb3.png
    orb3.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 245
  • orb.png
    orb.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 283
*facepalm* Minecraft wasn't the first game to invent AoE buffs... :p
I should stop. I don't want to make a Minecraft war here.
I'm not stating that it is, but the fact that he has a minecraft avatar and all of the buffs he describes at the top are from minecraft (not exclusive to) makes it look as if it's the same as the beacon. Nothing wrong with that though.

I'm not stating that it is, but the fact that he has a minecraft avatar and all of the buffs he describes at the top are from minecraft (not exclusive to) makes it look as if it's the same as the beacon. Nothing wrong with that though.
Sorry man, but my avatar has nothing to do with the fact of a beacon, i never even tought about it, it was something that i tought of while i was playing with friends and they were just starting out, and i make my bases pretty high because i like to use my wings, or triple jumps or hooks to get to places, btw i already asked someone to make a new profile picture..

Dont we already have thigs lile this that give regen, like campfire and heart lantern? I dont see why this should be too hard to acquire, as the campfire is an earlygame item, and regen is one of the most OP buffs in the game in my opinion, not counting werewolf. Strong support, but make them easier to get.

Dont we already have thigs lile this that give regen, like campfire and heart lantern? I dont see why this should be too hard to acquire, as the campfire is an earlygame item, and regen is one of the most OP buffs in the game in my opinion, not counting werewolf. Strong support, but make them easier to get.
We do, but this regen would be just as good as a regeneration potion and band of regeneration together, + you could stack it by putting campfire's and lanturns next to it indeed this Orb would be just used to defeat bosses without any problems, or used for a afk-able solar eclips because it would give a lot of regeneration.

This isn't basically Beacons from Minecraft.

It's not really.

They're basically there in order to give a basic idea on what it does.

He'll probably add more, unique effects once he gets a burst of inspiration.

OT, could be added.

Could be extremely exploited especially for the moons.

It's not really.

They're basically there in order to give a basic idea on what it does.

He'll probably add more, unique effects once he gets a burst of inspiration.

OT, could be added.

Could be extremely exploited especially for the moons.
Thanks for pointing this out.. There Orbs would be usefull for solar eclips or frost moon / pumpkin moon and the upcomming lunar update.. these Orbs would give the players buffs without even needed to take a potion for a high cost, but still very nice at the end

Back
Top Bottom