Blocks & Decoration Lock Box and Trap Chest

Master Geass

Terrarian
Two new storage items. On their own they act like ordinary chest. You can open them and have the normal capacity. However they also interact with wires.

First is the Lock Box. It can be toggled between the locked and unlocked state. It will be unlocked by default and you could put anything you like in it. Once it revives a pulse from a wire it will switch to it's locked state. When locked it cannot be opened or mined, even if it's empty. Another pulse will unlock it again. It would likely be sold by the Merchant after Skeletron is defeated.

Next is the Trap Chest. It would look almost exactly like the Gold Chest, if not the same. It would open the same and have the same capacity. When you open it a pulse will be sent out. By hooking wire to it a trap could be set off when you open it. If my custom music box is also implement then you could even have it play a tune when you open it. They would likely be created at world gen and/or crafted with gold chests. If they are created at world gen then they would also be tied to dart traps or boulders.

I once read a suggestion where the Merchant would sell new items when the Traveling Merchant is in town. I like the idea of him selling the Lock Box when ever TM is around.

It could. The only reason I didn't give it one right off the bat is because they might need to make one for every craftable chest in the game. Still if it is just wood, gold, and shadow it could still be fun.

It could. The only reason I didn't give it one right off the bat is because they might need to make one for every craftable chest in the game. Still if it is just wood, gold, and shadow it could still be fun.
I think only wood and gold are necessary, shadow is so rarely used

True. Mostly because it is rare. We can stick with just wood and gold. I like how easy it is to paint gold chests so I use them all the time. Still wood is easy to make so I know a lot of people use them too.

Sweet. The trap chest has been adding. Doesn't work the way I thought it would but still very nice. I hope the lock box could be added as well.

Back
Top Bottom