Items Lock Doors

LeeTG3

The Destroyer
Wooden_Door.png

Have you wanted to keep monsters out but not have a big and ugly iron door?
Do players keep raiding your stuff when your not around?
Wooden_Door.png

You can stop it all with two simple items: The key and padlock!
Key.png
Padlock.png

Padlock:
Padlock.png
Makes a door unable to be opened without a matching key
Key.png
also will make the door unbreakable while it is attached.
When you craft a padlock or key you can right click on it to rename it, they must have the same name or it will not unlock the door.
The padlock will also work on chests, trapdoors, switches, etc.
To craft a padlock you need 5 iron and to craft a key you need 3 iron.
There will be more types of locks and keys, 1 locking out enemies but not town NPCs. Sprites will come later for new locks

If there are any other threads that have the same idea as this, I did not copy them, I did google the name but I did not find anything.
Icon'.png

Last edited:
Nice. The door should not be invincible, so that doors can still be moved with locks on them.
Then other players can get in by destroying your door. I could make another lock that makes your door invincible.

I mean a locked door would be great, I feel like the argument of it being too easy is not true since you can just place a block in front of your door and it will be inaccessible. Always for ease of life suggestions.

I mean a locked door would be great, I feel like the argument of it being too easy is not true since you can just place a block in front of your door and it will be inaccessible. Always for ease of life suggestions.
But that looks bad. You might still want to get in and out. You might want npcs but not enemies to get out*
*I will add that

Back
Top Bottom