Console Locked door

ThunderBear06

Skeletron
My idea is the locked door. The locked door is a door that has been locked using a shadow key and can only be opened by using the same shadow key. Zombies can't open these doors even during a blood moon and can prevent stealing or Trolling or it could be used in a RPG world. If you have a suggestion for this please comment

Last edited:
What would be the point aside from keeping out monsters? You could easily lock them out by placing coins on each side of the door anyways. If the door key is lost, then there is just a door stuck in the world. How could we remove it?

A. How do you get it?
B. Can it be broken?
C. Why have a shadow key requirement when only the player that placed it can open it anyway

Oh shoot ninjad

What would be the point aside from keeping out monsters? You could easily lock them out by placing coins on each side of the door anyways. If the door key is lost, then there is just a door stuck in the world. How could we remove it?
Well it could also be used for a RPG world or it could also (in multi player) prevent stealing or trolling.
A. How do you get it?
B. Can it be broken?
C. Why have a shadow key requirement when only the player that placed it can open it anyway

Oh shoot ninjad
  1. By using a shadow key. Sorry I don't know why I mentioned placing it
  2. Yes but with a powerful pickaxe/drill
  3. Good point. Only the one shadow key can be used to open it not the player.

How do you even OBTAIN this door?

Also, I see zero use for this.

During a Blood Moon, there are so many better ways to block your door. For a bonus, they don't lock you in.

On RPG servers, thieves could simply break through the walls or ceiling.

And what if you lose the shadow key and you have no more in your world? You have to go to another world, wait for night time, defeat Skeletron, look for golden keys in the dungeon, and get a new shadow key. That would be a pain.

This is simply not worth the time as there are many better methods for carrying out the purposes of the item that don't have the potential risks.

Well it could also be used for a RPG world or it could also (in multi player) prevent stealing or trolling.

1. By using a shadow key. Sorry I don't know why I mentioned placing it
  2. Yes but with a powerful pickaxe/drill
  3. Good point. Only the one shadow key can be used to open it not the player.
So you can use it on a door to lock it? That sounds cool

Yes you can. But who would want to do that?
[doublepost=1542757862,1542757847][/doublepost]It's messy
Like, every thief in existence would want to do that rather than just ignore the house. You only have to mine two to three blocks to get in.

You don’t appear to understand all the problems of this thing.
  • It’s useless, since all it takes is two to three blocks of mining to get in. Or you could, you know, mine the door if you have a good pickaxe. Even if you end up having to mine like 100 blocks to get in, you can simply use something that we Terrarians call the trash slot.
  • If you lose the shadow key, then you have a problem (not really since you can just break the door).
  • There are so many better ways of defending your house, you could add traps, block your doors with walls, even just place coins on each side of the doors.
  • You still haven’t given us the crafting recipe for this thing.
  • If you get a locked door and you don’t have a powerful pickaxe, you’re stuck with a door in one spot until the middle of Hardmode if you accidently place it.

Back
Top Bottom