Game Mechanics Locking Chests: improving the chest GUI

On a quick note, the way you describe the 3 modes relates to the following:

Unlocked - How quick stack works since 1.3
Locked - How quick stack worked up to 1.2.4.1
Hard locked - Not implemented yet, but surely useful ('deposit all' should also not work here, imo)

Since the new 1.3 update, quick stack has mostly been causing chaos for me. If you ask me, the new mechanic since 1.3 could be removed entirely, going back to the old quick stack system. A menu option to switch between them would also be a useful feature. Anyways, full support.
About right, except I'm not sure if 1.2 had prevented new stack formation (or depositing an accessory or similar). I myself love the new quick stack button as it makes depositing things like banners, herbs, blocks, etc extremely efficient

I support this idea. The "quick stack to nearby chests" thing is great, but honestly new stack formation has its place at times but not in others, as in the case of potions or blocks (where it's good) or weapons (where it can be considered bad).

The option to switch between the two at will would be the best of both worlds.

About right, except I'm not sure if 1.2 had prevented new stack formation (or depositing an accessory or similar).

Yep, it did prevent it, only allowed filling up existing stacks. The only thing I'm using quick stack for is putting all kinds of common loot into stashes (blocks, herbs, drops, potions, critters, catches, banners etcetc.). Never saw a use for creating new stacks or putting back accessories (you usually have to sort these manually).

Since the new 1.3 update, quick stack has mostly been causing chaos for me. If you ask me, the new mechanic since 1.3 could be removed entirely, going back to the old quick stack system. A menu option to switch between them would also be a useful feature. Anyways, full support.
Removing this mechanic would be unfair to people who find it useful, I know it's your opinion but as you mention a good solution would be ability to choose in options whether you want it or not. But as it could not work well on multi servers I think solution presented in this thread is good for everyone's preferences~

perhaps another function to lock chests from other players and furthermore one more to lock out players on other teams for ctg or something?
Well, I guess? I'm not sure of that is actually able to be done in the game so I left it out.

Back
Top Bottom