Game Mechanics Logic Enemy Sensor

Doesn't the yellow pressure plate take care of this problem?
Somewhat, but not quite. It also detects friendly NPCs and being able to tell the apart would be helpful (some might say too helpful) and it doesn't detect anything not touching the ground either. A sensor modeled on the Player Above sensor would be able to detect flying enemies much more reliably.

I've seen a player, night, day, liquid water, liquid honey, liquid any and liquid lava logic sensors. But no enemy sensor.

Can you please make an enemy sensor because then I can wire traps to them so that it's an auto defense against enemies, even helpful for events?
Sounds like a neat Idea.
I'm not sure if you've got any interest in a mod that implements this, but I'll make a proposal anyway:
I'd love to make this into a mod. Then my Idea to expand on this: you place the tile, after which you can right-click it. Right clicking it will open a little UI panel where you can choose which entities trigger it (players, town NPCs or enemy NPCs... or a mixture). In this UI you can then also set a detect height and width in tile sizes (so something like width = 2 and height = 4 Will detect entities two tiles to the left and right and four up and down). I'm aware that this is not thread is not a direct request of sorts, but it did seem like you'd like something like this to be implemented.

Last edited:
Sounds like a neat Idea.
I'm not sure if you've got any interest in a mod that implements this, but I'll make a proposal anyway:
I'd love to make this into a mod. Then my Idea to expand on this: you place the tile, after which you can right-click it. Right clicking it will open a little UI panel where you can choose which entities trigger it (players, town NPCs or enemy NPCs... or a mixture). In this UI you can then also set a detect height and width in tile sizes (so something like width = 2 and height = 4 Will detect entities two tiles to the left and right and four up and down). I'm aware that this is not thread is not a direct request of sorts, but it did seem like you'd like something like this to be implemented.

That's not a bad idea. They should add a right click interface to toggle what sensors setting you want on. Also would be great if you can craft a universal sensor. Since you can craft The Grand Design and handles all wire things.

More sensors/ tweaks to existing ones:
All sensors are invisible, except on the wiring level

Player Near
-triggers when player is closer than 10 blocks

Enemy Near
-triggers when an enemy is closer than 10 blocks

More sensors/ tweaks to existing ones:
All sensors are invisible, except on the wiring level

Player Near
-triggers when player is closer than 10 blocks

Enemy Near
-triggers when an enemy is closer than 10 blocks
yea it would make it much better if sensors are invisible , and maybe if player sensors are adjustable would help alot

Back
Top Bottom