**REPORTED** Logic Sensor (Player Above) - Just stop working?

Viperwasp

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
- Bug -
Never had this problem before in Terraria. But Logic Sensor (Player Above) stopped working. They don't trigger anymore. Even if I log out of the world and back in. They won't trigger. This does not effect ALL of the Logic Sensor (Player Above) in my world. Just one or maybe in some cases a few? I'm not sure what is causing it. The only fix is to mine the sensor and replace it. Deleting the wiring and replacing wiring does nothing.

Just to be clear the sensor works for a while. And than stops working and I don't know why?

Never loaded world into 3rd party program like TEDIT nor have I used mods. So this is Vanilla.

In attachments I'm attaching a screenshot. I tried to attach my world but it's to large. If you still need the world I saved a backup copy were this bug is in effect. You would just have to let me know how you want it sent to you.

Thanks!

I have a small update. I can now confirm that a few times even if I break and re-place the sensor it starts off bugged right away.

Attachments

• TerrariaSensorBUG.PNG
    TerrariaSensorBUG.PNG
    210.7 KB · Views: 454
Last edited:
I'm unable to reproduce this on my end. It does sound like the sensors were "bugged" somehow, but I'd need to know how to make them act like this to begin investigating it. Is there any more detail you could shed? Do you have a substantially large number of player sensors in your world?

Thank you for taking a look Leinfors.

I would say I have around 30-45 of them in my world. World is also large size.
Perhaps it's my setup were I have 20 of them in a row. Screenshots below... That are causing this? But even the one by itself gets bugged.
Also sometimes I can go hours without running into this bug at all. However I still have a saved world were if you log into the world with any char it should in theory be bugged.

It's important to know that these two screenshots do not show the bug in effect. Just one of the setups I use that may be causing this issue. lol

Attachments

• Capture 2020-05-26 19_25_55.png
    Capture 2020-05-26 19_25_55.png
    316.9 KB · Views: 128
  • Capture 2020-05-26 19_26_04.png
    Capture 2020-05-26 19_26_04.png
    320.5 KB · Views: 143
I seem to also be having this bug, it's happened to me a few times in the same world, and the only way I've found to fix it is by breaking the sensor and placing it back down. I only have 2 of these in my world, which is also a large world.

If either of you could provide the world itself with the broken sensors, that might help find the issue :)

If it happens to me again, Leinsfors, I'll grab the world save; but I just fixed it again this most recent time.

Thanks, I do appreciate that.

I have some player sensors in my test world that have been there for years, and I pass them all the time and never have issues . . . its just not something I'm able to reproduce. :(

I sent Leinfors a link to my bugged world save in a conversation so he should have my world via dropbox now. Not sure if that will work. Let me know if it has any issues Leinfors.

Last edited:
It happened to me again, I've got my world file here. Can't hurt to have more cases, I figure. (Side note: my world is a Journey mode world.)

It's to the right of spawn or jump off the tower that the Hallow Pylon is on and it's in the base of the tower.

Leudic I also tried out your world. I found that bugged sensor so I can confirm it works for me too. Wow wait I need to be careful with my wording. It's bugged for me too. The sensor does not work. The other one right beside it does. Just like in my world. Now keep in mind that I'm also the one who is having the same issue so lets just hope that others also find these glitched sensors and it's not just us. The more people effected the more likely it will be fixed. lol

P.S
Some Nice builds and awesome world you have going there. I can tell it's still in development yeah it's awesome. Lets hope this issue gets resolved.

Thanks, my problem seems a bit different from yours, though, since I can fix it by breaking the sensor and replacing it, but it would be nice to not have to worry about this problem anymore.

Thanks, my problem seems a bit different from yours, though, since I can fix it by breaking the sensor and replacing it, but it would be nice to not have to worry about this problem anymore.

Mine is fixed the same way. 90% of the time I just break and place it and it's fine. Now once or twice breaking and placing the sensor did not fix it. I had to break and place it a few times. Than it will work for either 5 minutes or 30 hours and break again. Does yours once fixed than break again at a later time? If so I assume our issues may be exactly the same and you have just not had multiples back to back breaks yet.

Yet is such a fun word... Something you can look forward to perhaps. lol

Have looked into one of these worlds and confirmed the issue, so that's logged in our system with the world file now! :)

Thanks Leinfors!
By the way I want to just note that the issue is still happening even now. I put up MANY more sensors. And randomly one or more get bugged. It's random. Found no patterns. Sometimes the issue does not happen for hours and hours. Sometimes it's multiple times within an hour. It's not always the same sensors doing it. Once again to resolve the issue you need to mine the sensor up and replace it. And in some rare cases I have to break and place it multiple times.

So if you need any of this information for the bug report I just wanted to be clear with how I noticed the frequence and what is happening. I'm done posting in this thread now unless I am contacted by you or another dev.

Appreciate the info.

When time presents, Yorai will take a look at the bugged instances and try to decipher what is going on with them. If he needs more info at that time, I'll reach out!

@Leudic and @Viperwasp

Found an interesting thread here: Block Swap Breaks Logic Sensors

I can't reproduce this . . . but maybe you two can? Is it possible that this is the cause of your faulty sensors? That would give us a lead to investigate.

EDIT: I was able to repro using a different block, as indicated in the thread.

Last edited:
hmmmmm..... I was doing block swapping the last time this bug happed about three times back to back. But I feel like been a few times were I have not been anywhere near the effected sensor. I wonder how far the range is. I will admit I did not get to fully read and look into this. Some time today I will try a few things out. I also think it seems like you Leinfors were able to reproduce it yourself. But the question is, are there more than just block swapping causing sensor issues. But as of this moment I am willing to accept that block swapping is the only bug involving sensors but it might not be the case. I guess we will find as fixes eventually roll in.

My sensors broke too. I tested it and it seems as if the sensors only break if there is solid blocks around it?

It seems the more you place blocks around the sensor, the more chance there is to break... strange. It does not even need to be placed directly around it. Doesn't seem to be a pattern in how it breaks. I tested it in my world:
terraria_broken_sensors.png

Last edited:
Like others have pointed out block swap may be part of this? I have not had this problem in my world in a long time. But I have not placed new sensors nor have I changed blocks anywhere near them. Some of my sensors are surrounded some are not. When I was having issues I had issues with all kinds of sensor setups.

So maybe block swapping or something else is causing your issue?

Back
Top Bottom