Switch Lonely split screener's club

Officially salty. End of tether reached, into the briny depths plunged. No point with the Christmas event. :nursemad:

They at least got the eShop description right in Japan, where it is releasing soon. 1-player. Or 1-8 with an Online Subscription. But wow, if you thought $30 is expensive, it's over 4,000 yen there (usually a $30 game would be reflected at about 3,000 yen).

I'll keep checking back, but have lost any hope for anytime soon. In the meantime, other games, other distractions beckon.

In all other aspects, happy holidays!

Very true. They definitely rushed the release, from what I've skimmed in the 1.3.1 thread. I also realized my post there was pretty innocuous, but by the time I got here, I realized just how truly disappointing it is to not have split-screen for Christmas. Not just the in-game event, but the visiting relatives I could have nudged towards Terraria.

Not the Switch version, of course. Not sure if I'd steer them towards this even when (if?) split-screen and local multi-player are implemented. :nursesigh:

Hope you and your wife enjoy Stardew Valley! With any luck the 1.4 update will hit Switch soon. :nursenaughty:

Very true. They definitely rushed the release, from what I've skimmed in the 1.3.1 thread. I also realized my post there was pretty innocuous, but by the time I got here, I realized just how truly disappointing it is to not have split-screen for Christmas. Not just the in-game event, but the visiting relatives I could have nudged towards Terraria.

Not the Switch version, of course. Not sure if I'd steer them towards this even when (if?) split-screen and local multi-player are implemented. :nursesigh:

Hope you and your wife enjoy Stardew Valley! With any luck the 1.4 update will hit Switch soon. :nursenaughty:

Thank you! She is completely addicted to it. I'm going to pick up a switch Lite soon so we can play via network. I WILL NOT be purchasing another copy of Terraria V 0.5.

Here we are coming into March and still no word on splitscreen. February SOTG didn't even mention anything about it at all. That makes me worry.

Here we are coming into March and still no word on splitscreen. February SOTG didn't even mention anything about it at all. That makes me worry.

Honestly, I ended up getting two copies (one was a gift) and even online play with two switches is unreliable at best. The amount of disconnects (on the same high speed internet router, mind you) and optimization issues we saw through our playthrough were pretty astounding. To add to that point, we never finished because a bug came up where she could no longer join my world. I posted about it, wishing for a speedy hotfix. That was maybe two months ago, and nothing.

Here's to hoping. Terraria was a great experience for me when it came out and I was in high school. But even if they crank out split-screen, I have a feeling it isn't going to be playable.

Honestly, I ended up getting two copies (one was a gift) and even online play with two switches is unreliable at best. The amount of disconnects (on the same high speed internet router, mind you) and optimization issues we saw through our playthrough were pretty astounding. To add to that point, we never finished because a bug came up where she could no longer join my world. I posted about it, wishing for a speedy hotfix. That was maybe two months ago, and nothing.

Here's to hoping. Terraria was a great experience for me when it came out and I was in high school. But even if they crank out split-screen, I have a feeling it isn't going to be playable.

I also tried playing over local network and it was just completely unplayable. It's pretty messed up. I feel like there is no way to hold them aco:red:able. I just get called a whiner eventhough they totally dropped the ball and screwed some of us over. I'm also having second thoughts about ever buying a game on Nintendo eShop (with some exceptions) because they don't do returns. I'm beyond frustrated and I'm not sure what my options are (if any) at this point. I can only complain so much before they have enough of it and just get rid of me.

I literally got the Switch version of Terria due to it being close to the PC's version. I want to play the game with my family since social distancing is a pretty large thing right now with COVID-19 but sadly split screen still hasn't been released. I haven't even played the game on the switch yet because I've already played through the game so many times and I just want to play with my family. Just posting this since it's been another month of no split screen and no one had said anything this month.

I literally got the Switch version of Terria due to it being close to the PC's version. I want to play the game with my family since social distancing is a pretty large thing right now with COVID-19 but sadly split screen still hasn't been released. I haven't even played the game on the switch yet because I've already played through the game so many times and I just want to play with my family. Just posting this since it's been another month of no split screen and no one had said anything this month.

Yeah it is really absurd that they didn't make it more clear that there wasn't split screen. Initially on the eShop it was advertised as having split screen. Some retailers still have promotional material on online store fronts which advertise splitscreen.

What is even more absurd is that they actually thought it was a good idea to release the game at all without split screen. Incredibly stupid decision imo.

I've largely quieted down because I was warned action might be taken against me and I was even called a "ridiculous baby" by a mod because of words someone else put in my mouth.

Alas, pushing them seems pointless. It's been almost a year already and the damage is done. The only real communication I've been able to get is through Loki. PW, relogic and 505 have all been quiet as a whole and no public apology has been made to the loyal fans that they screwed.

The writing is on the wall. It will likely be at 12 months or more.

Current circumstances are of course understandable.

Regardless, this port has been a disaster in general from the start.

Just thinking out loud... split screen is cool on the Xbox 360, and my son and I still enjoy playing it... but now that the switch is out, most families have multiple switches and tv's in every room. Our game room has two large screen tv's so that my son and I can play different (or the same) game at once using two switches and two screens...

It is much easier to see what is going on when you are using full screen. I hope the next switch update improves the local wifi so that multiple people in the same house can play on separate switches and separate TV's (full screen) while still sitting next to each other. I would prefer to only have to buy 1 copy for this to work, but if we do need to buy a separate copy for every switch, the devs should put out a family pack version that includes 1 complete version that can go online, and maybe 4 additional copies that only work locally... that way a family of 4 could all play together for a reasonable price (hopefully under $40 for all 5 copies)...

... anyway, like I said, just thinking out loud...

Stay safe under quarantine...
~Jim

Yeah my
Just thinking out loud... split screen is cool on the Xbox 360, and my son and I still enjoy playing it... but now that the switch is out, most families have multiple switches and tv's in every room. Our game room has two large screen tv's so that my son and I can play different (or the same) game at once using two switches and two screens...

It is much easier to see what is going on when you are using full screen. I hope the next switch update improves the local wifi so that multiple people in the same house can play on separate switches and separate TV's (full screen) while still sitting next to each other. I would prefer to only have to buy 1 copy for this to work, but if we do need to buy a separate copy for every switch, the devs should put out a family pack version that includes 1 complete version that can go online, and maybe 4 additional copies that only work locally... that way a family of 4 could all play together for a reasonable price (hopefully under $40 for all 5 copies)...

... anyway, like I said, just thinking out loud...

Stay safe under quarantine...
~Jim

Yeah my wife got her own switch and we tried that. It was unplayable. Glitchy as hell.

Hopefully splitscreen is out soon since it should've been long ago when it was advertised.

Additionally, hopefully local network multiplayer is playable in the near future. I'm assuming their next update will fix a lot of bugs. Just gotta hope it doesn't cause some too.

Good idea though, sjim.

Back
Top Bottom