Long black screen before main menu

Terrasyn

Eye of Cthulhu
It's been some time since I've posted anything, and perhaps I should have addressed the issue right away. However, after a certain update (I want to say 1.3.0.7, or 1.3.0.8), whenever I open Terraria, I'll see the Terraria logo, then a very long black screen before I eventually see the main menu.

I have never had this issue before the most recent patches, and I'm content in saying that the culprit is due to a patch. I've not only installed on two different machines (both on Windows 7 x64, both with more than adequate requirements), but I've reinstalled them as well, and have seen no changes.

I'm simply curious to know if the higher ups are aware of the issue, as I'm quite late to mention this, and doesn't seem to be a common complaint.

Yes, there is a black screen before you get to the main menu, common issue at this time. But not game-breaking.

For me, it started happening after the Linux support update (I believe it's the latest one). Prior to that there was no noticeable delay between logo and title screen.

I believe I was told that the long black screen on boot up is a result of much of the game content being loaded upon booting up, rather than in-game or when entering worlds. Its a little annoying seeing it hang like that, but it doesn't impact any gameplay after that, and many games take a while to load.

Back
Top Bottom