tModLoader LongbowsFTW - hardmode ore counterparts for Repeaters

A better name for the Brahmastra? (the Hallowed Longbow)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gardenapple

Steampunker
NOTE: I no longer maintain this project! More info here: tModLoader - Vanilla Tweaks + other little tweak mods.
The mod is maintained by @Pop000100. It will get updates for new versions of tModLoader but new features won't get added.

Longbows FTW is a tiny mod that adds Longbows - non-mechanical counterparts to Repeaters.

uztsYX7.png
vaBCFe3.png
cqvLVqk.png
DOLhYyL.png
tKUWQzp.png
PNZHsh8.png
5IAEPTJ.png
Xpuric9.png

Their stats and recipes are exactly the same as the good-old Repeaters. However, this mod also changes regular Repeaters - they are now slower, but they do more damage, more knockback, and shoot arrows at a high velocity. This way there is more variety in terms of arrow-shooting weapons.

"Why did you make this mod?" - you ask, and the answer is - I just wanted to have more consistency. Drills and chainsaws have non-mechanical variants since 1.2, so what about repeaters?

I am planning on adding support for other mods which add repeaters.

Download:
  • Steam Workshop: link
  • Mod Browser (direct download): link
  • GitHub (old versions): link
Source code is available on GitHub and extractable via the Mods menu.

Support:
  • If you like the mod and want to let people know about it, consider adding this logo to your signature!
(yes, it's just the Mod Browser icon for the mod. It's not like I'm too lazy to draw a banner or anything...)
Code:
[URL='https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/longbowsftw-hardmode-ore-counterparts-for-repeaters.37052/'][IMG]https://raw.githubusercontent.com/goldenapple3/LongbowsFTW/master/icon.png[/IMG][/URL]

v1.10:
  • Added Portuguese localization (thanks @Dota)
v1.9:
  • Updated to tML v0.10
  • Added Russian localization
v1.8:
  • Updated to tML v0.9, I think? I dunno, I did something.
  • I'm bad at changelogs.
v1.7:
  • Updated to tML v0.8
v1.6:
  • Now both the source code and the images should be visible using tModReader.
v1.5:
  • Updated to tML v0.7
v1.4:
  • Renamed Brahmastra to Artemis' Bow, as a result of the poll.
  • Slightly buffed all vanilla Repeaters.
v1.3:
  • Changed stats of vanilla Repeaters. They are now slower, but they do more damage and knockback.
v1.2:
  • Updated for the new tML.
v1.1:
  • Fixed Cholorophyte Tribow shooting 2-3 arrows instead of 2-4 arrows.
v1.0:
  • Initial release!
This mod has been localized to Russian and Portuguese. If you want to help me translate the mod to other languages, PM me so we can talk.

This mod is licensed under the MIT License, which means that this mod is open-source.

Therefore, if I stop updating this mod and you want to do it yourself, feel free to do it! You can release your version to the public, as long as you credit me as the original author.

Last edited:
+1 for consistency.

Maybe make them faster than repeaters, but do less damage?
Just like a bow does less damage but can be reloaded quicker, a crossbow (or repeater in this case) takes a longer time to reload but does more damage.

oohhh I agree with Martyn! The time it takes to place an arrow in a crossbow and fire it is pretty much enough for someone to place 2-3 arrows in a bow and fire them, with the advantage of such crossbow having mechanical strength that humans do not. So the arrow would be shot much stronger, as the bow has the advantage of quick reload, the human strength is not on par with the mechanisms of the crossbow. Support for the mod.

+1 for consistency.

Maybe make them faster than repeaters, but do less damage?
Just like a bow does less damage but can be reloaded quicker, a crossbow (or repeater in this case) takes a longer time to reload but does more damage.
But then I'll have to carefully balance the bows so that they aren't under/overpowered, and I'm terrible at balancing.:( So I'll probably just leave it like that.

Besides, higher-tier Repeaters are already much faster than any other bow (except for the Phantasm).

Just released a tiny bugfix! Now you can't pick up arrows that were shot from the Chlorophyte Tribow. (this lead to possible dupes :mad:)

Also I have a bit of a plan: I'll leave the Longbow stats as they are right now, but I'll make Repeaters slower but with more damage.

Just released a tiny bugfix! Now you can't pick up arrows that were shot from the Chlorophyte Tribow. (this lead to possible dupes :mad:)

Also I have a bit of a plan: I'll leave the Longbow stats as they are right now, but I'll make Repeaters slower but with more damage.
Finally. Thank you.

It took me a while to find this thread after the one containing multiple mods was deleted :(
Oh. Sorry about that. I thought I could edit that post and put links to the new threads, but apparently once a thread is closed you can't edit anything. I didn't know that before.:( Again, sorry!

Side note: it seems like the poll is finished and the winning name is Artemis' Bow. So I guess it's updating time!

Aaand the update is done! You can now get v1.4 on Github or from the Mod Browser.
  • Renamed Brahmastra to Artemis' Bow (with backwards compatibility - you won't lose your Brahmastra when you update)
  • Slightly buffed all vanilla Repeaters.

I finally updated this to tML v0.7.:) You can get the new version from the Mod Browser.

Also since tModReader is now released I decided to take down my Github repository.

Could you add a normal download link? The tmodloader mod browser is kinda buggy and it doesn't show any mods on my mac.

I could probably set up a Dropbox link.
Just one question though: are you using tModLoader v0.7?
Yep, I'm using the latest version. I asked around a bit about why it wasn't working, and most people said that it's probably because I'm using a mac.

This looks like it would be a great addition, but does it work in 0.7.1 of tModLoader?

*EDIT*:- Nevermind, it works! Huzzah!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom