Xbox 360 Looking for fully working auto farm and all bosses

Ninja Master

Terrarian
Hi all,

I am very new to this game and have done research on the above but I only come up with DicemanX builds on pc.

I have noticed a few have built these but with a few modifications for the Xbox 360, anyone who have built the above please could you forward the systematics so I can build too?

Thanks all

Are you talking about building something like this on console? :eek:

If you do that's pretty ambitious of you, considering you're new to the game. May I suggest you start with something smaller? In this post you talk about facing Duke Fishron. For that you need Truffle Worms. They are pretty hard to find though, so building a farm is a good idea. One farm that works well on console (and is relatively simple to build) is the Turbo Truffle Farm by ZeroGravitas.

If you rather wish to build an arena, The Mighty Cannonball Arena if a fun and easy place to start.

That will be my ultimate aim but if the mighty cannonball arena has been built on 360 I will do that one, just that on 360 we do not have the dummy option as in the PC.

Will try and start building the Turbo Truffle Farm but like this one by DicemanX again. http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...ls-of-light-night-rod-many-other-drops.36329/

Again depends if works on 360, been searching and have seen some that have been modified to work on 360 but no systematics of mods etc.

Like you said I am new to this game so trying to build workable farms on 360 when I have time after the kids. Lol

Now just have to find cannons and mushroom seeds.

Oh, I have built that one (a simplified subset of it that is):
msf_selector.jpg msf_selectorW.jpg Entrance & Surface selector
msf_spawnsurfaces.jpg msf_spawnsurfacesW.jpg Spawn surfaces
msf_killchamber.jpg msf_killchamberW.jpg Kill chamber
msf_overview.jpg Overview

As for the Dummy, you can often use a Skeleton statue insead. When that isn't possible (for example in certain engines far away) a Town NPC must be used.

Yeah it's rather difficult to show, and taking decent screenshots on the 360 is hard. No built-in feature for that. Anyway, I have some more pics:

My 'Mighty Cannonball Arena'
CannonballArena1.jpg CannonballArena2.jpg CannonballArena3.jpg

My 'Turbo Truffle Worm Farm'
TTWF1.jpg TTWF1W.jpg TTWF2.jpg TTWF2W.jpg

Hopefully that should get you started. :)

Thanks, just a few questions, the mighty cannonball arena, should it be near the ocean to be able to fight Fishrod and also did you build the ultimate mob auto farm and turbo truffle just above the underworld?

Yeah, if you wan't to fight Duke Fishron with it needs to be near the ocean. I didn't do that in my build, but @DicemanX did that in the original build. You may actually have to REPLACE one of the oceans with lava, in order to get close enough. It's doable even on console, but it takes some time. I did it in another world for another project.

Both my farms were built fairly close to Underworld, but far enough away that I didn't have to block spawns down there too. An important consideration when choosing location is what method to use to block unwanted spawns. You can either fill in cavities, or you can excavate the entire area around the farms putting a lava floor at the bottom. In the world where I built my farms (generated with Terraria 1.2) it made more sense to fill in as the cavities were relatively few and large.
In worlds generated with the current version of Terraria, it probably makes more sense to use the excavation method instead.

It's important for the efficiency of the farms that you block all unwanted spawns. It's a lot of work but worth it in the long run. @ZeroGravitas explains it in more detail in the video for the Turbo Truffle Farm. I suggest you watch it.

Thanks mate,

I have started to build both the turbo truffle farm and the cannon arena.

Been watching both vids non stop to try and catch the materials etc used, Lol.

Will have to farm for the mushroom grass seeds and wait for the pirate invasion for the cannons.

Been trying to look at yours to see what u used instead of the dummy ghost.

Maybe use the npc teleport but need to research on that too.

Maybe I am trying to run before I can walk here???!!!

Btw just got the solar eclipse invasion.

Bouncing on a dummy (or two) with the Slime mount, is an example of an Invulnerability Machine. Player receives tiny amounts of damage that doesn't really hurt, but do block other forms of damage. Before 1.3 it wasn't possible to use the Slime mount for this, but there were other tricks to achieve the same result.

The simplest one were standing on a Spike (from the dungeon) while wearing decent armor and a Cross Necklace. That was nerfed a few updates ago, but is still useful on console if you either use Vampire Knifes or wear the Spectre Armor with the life-steal option (hood) to replenish health.

Another popular method that works great on console (and still works on PC to a lesser degree) is using a mob statue to spawn weak enemies that inflicts small amount of damage. Popular choises are either a Slime Statue or a Crab Statue. I went with a Crab statue as it only drops banners. The Slime Statue also drops Gel which quickly fill up inventory, blocking pickup of more valuable loot.

the Crab Statue is connected to a 1s timer. It is enough as long as you don't use minions. If you do wan't to use minions, you'll need to use a faster timer source such as an NPC engine. I never got around to build that in my Cannonball Arena, but you might.
NPCEngine.jpg NPCEngineW.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up.

I started to build identical to DicemanX cannon tower then noticed yours is totally different.

Guess it does not happen as long as I can fit in the crab statue?

Oh, is the Xbox 360 on version 1.8 which is the equivalent to PC 1.2.4.1 version, does that mean the spike not been nerfed for 360??

Thanks

Last edited:
I wouldn't say totally different. My build has the same basic features as DicemanX's build. The differences are mainly due to using a different Invulnerability Engine, which enabled me to simplify things a bit. When I'm preparing to build something that Dice or ZG built, I first take a birdseye view of how it basically works and then write a specification (usually only in my head). The specification for the Cannonball Arena is quite simple:
  • Build a Spawn platform about 16 tiles wide, surrounded by lava moats 84 tiles in each direction (enclose it with walls to prevent mobs from ecaping).
  • Build a platform 36 tiles above the spawn platform. Build another platform below it (safe zone).
  • Build an Invulnerability Machine on the upper platform.
  • Place Cannons within easy reach pointing Up, Left and Right.
  • Done :)
If you follow the specification you will end up with something similar to my or DicemanX's build, depending on which Invulnerability Machine you pick. The rest are just minor details.

As for the Spike Invulnerability Machine, yes you can still use it on console but you'll need pretty good armor if you're going to use it in the cannonball arena. Probably Dragon/Turtle/Beetle Armor, as you won't have a source of healing (unless you add Heart Statues).

Pumpking done now. Yeah

Combined spears with cannon. Now I have Raven staff etc..

Modified my arena now to farm golem too.

Not tried the 3 mechanical bosses yet but want to farm golem and Plantera for the accessories.

Last edited:
Would the invulnerability machine work with bat statues?
It's all I have on hand.
Maybe. I don't know as I haven't tried it. The chamber where you stand with the statues has to be very small. Otherwise the bats will fly too far away. You need to get continous damage for the invulerability machine to work.

Maybe. I don't know as I haven't tried it. The chamber where you stand with the statues has to be very small. Otherwise the bats will fly too far away. You need to get continous damage for the invulerability machine to work.
I've been doing some testing with the pumpkin moon event. It works until Pumpking goes directly on top of me. (He may be dealing damage quicker than the bats are, but it doesn't really seem to be the case.) It works for the majority of the event. (Just not when Pumpking is on top of me as stated ↑ ↑.)

I've been doing some testing with the pumpkin moon event. It works until Pumpking goes directly on top of me. (He may be dealing damage quicker than the bats are, but it doesn't really seem to be the case.) It works for the majority of the event. (Just not when Pumpking is on top of me as stated ↑ ↑.)
What kind of timer are you using? If you are using a 1s timer it might not be enough. You may have to use an NPC Engine.

Back
Top Bottom