tModLoader Looking for help with some modded accessories.

Typhlosionater

Terrarian
I'm new to modding and I'm having trouble working out how to do a few things and wondering if anyone could help me with it. Basically I'm trying to add a few unusual effects to accessories:
1st: In the base game there are a few items that only boost one type of ranged damage such as the shroomite helmets and the magic quiver. I would like to add this characteristic to one of my accessories but I have no idea how.
2nd: There is an accessory in the mod that I want to give it the effect that when you get hit while it is equipped, it gives you a buff that boosts your melee damage however I don't know how to get it to activate when the player is hit.
3rd: In thorium there is an item called the ring which boosts critical strike damage by 4%, i would like to know how this is done as I would like to make an accessory that boosts (magical) critical strike damage to 3x the normal amount instead of 2x (50% boost) and couldn't work out how.

Thanks in advance and I can provide more info if needs be. :)

I am not sure exactly how you would go about doing some of these things, but i would recommend joining the official tModLoader discord server. There you can ask people the specifics of your problem. It is a huge help and it is a very active community.

Here is the invite link to the server: Join the tModLoader Discord Server!

I am not sure exactly how you would go about doing some of these things, but i would recommend joining the official tModLoader discord server. There you can ask people the specifics of your problem. It is a huge help and it is a very active community.

Here is the invite link to the server: Join the tModLoader Discord Server!

Thanks but by the time I saw this already solved it. Though thanks for the discord link, I didn't even know they had one! :)

Back
Top Bottom