PC Looking for mature 30+ players to start a new playthrough

MrTristifer

Terrarian
I've been looking for a casual bunch of players to run through from scratch. I'm not a stellar player, but I live this game and would like a nice, busy server to join. I really need players to be mature, able to spell and use grammar when the situation calls for it, and appreciate some humour of all kinds. 24/7 server uptime preferred but not necessary. I CAN host, but I'd rather not, as I've had some internet instability lately.

Terraria is the kind of game I like to throw on my second monitor while I play other grindy games and play in between other stuff I'm doing.

I've never played with mods, but I'm willing to try em. Expert is also strongly preferred.

TL;DR - I need older friends to play a new playthrough on Expert.

If only you lived on my side of the pond. I find it quite hard to get a hold of age 30+ players. I don't think there are that many on this forum, unfortunately.

Curious - is the reason for the age limit just the fact that you're seeking mature players (which - god, but finding literate adults to play with is a charm), or do you have another reason for the specific cutoff?

Because I'd be very interested in playing a run of Terraria with a more sedate group, but I'm 25.

I don't know if you meant MrTristifer or me, but for me it's mostly about a person's language (ab)use and not being too shy to communicate on a fun level.
I've had play-throughs with young people in the past, even 16-year olds, and enjoyed them thoroughly, due to them, well, forming complete sentences. :p

Disclaimer: I'm not saying my English is perfect, but people that abbreviate 'you' to 'u' and stuff like that... It hurts me.

It really is about maturity overall. Knowledge and usage of the English language is important. I don't need people to have perfect diction and spelling, but I'd rather avoid "squeakers" or people who use phrases that contain numbers in place of letters. If you're under 30, but still mature and not a toxic person, I'm still willing to play.

Oh, I was replying to MrTristifer. Whoops!

I agree, maturity (and general fun to play with) doesn't correlate that strongly to age. We've all met teenagers who are more mature than people twenty years their senior (who we've also met.) I don't play with random people much anymore, if at all - I tend to scope out the way people talk on the forums, both the language they use and the kinds of things they say. I do prefer playing with people who are at least 15, though. At this point, it's almost necessary for a minimum level of connection. I get kind of uncomfortable when I'm with people who are too young. Can't shake the irrational sense that it's creepy.

I'm not allergic to people who don't communicate that well (and in a casual setting, I don't expect anyone to use grammar - I just like to know someone can use it), but I want everyone I'm playing with to be invested and to have a general understanding that everyone should be having fun (i.e., remember to share and help other people out with their hunts, and on the flipside, don't dominate everyone's time with your own.) I've had too many experiences with griefers, cheaters, and people who really just thought they could get away with anything, and that's what the eloquence metric seeks to weed out. I look for people who put effort into things.

...But then I still almost never end up playing multiplayer. Mostly because I never ask.

(For the record, your English is so flawless I'd have never guessed you weren't a native speaker if not for the location on your profile. It's not even a lack of errors that sells me - for a second language, your word choice is downright impressive.)

Edit: Oh, hello. That was good timing. I'm afraid I don't know what a squeaker is, but I find the idea of acronyms that take longer to type than the phrases they replace an affront to language, so no fears of leetspeak from me. If you'd be interested in having me, then let me know when you've got enough people, and I'll happily join.

Last edited:
I get kind of uncomfortable when I'm with people who are too young. Can't shake the irrational sense that it's creepy.
I wouldn't say creepy, but yeah, it does feel weird. No surprise, since I'm 4 decades old; I was there when Pong was introduced to the world. :D (Okay, sure, Pong is even older, but you get my drift.) I got nothing to talk about with kids unless I want them from my lawn. *angrily shakes his walking cane*

I wouldn't say creepy, but yeah, it does feel weird. No surprise, since I'm 4 decades old; I was there when Pong was introduced to the world. :D (Okay, sure, Pong is even older, but you get my drift.) I got nothing to talk about with kids unless I want them from my lawn. *angrily shakes his walking cane*
Heh, but only by a hair. You can still say you're older than ET for the Atari!

I think twice now I've experienced a moment of horror when I unironically started talking about 'when I was your age.' But as someone a bit younger, the part that really makes me feel old is when I can't follow the references and memes of the next generation. The internet moves very fast and I'm still stuck roughly ten years ago. (What is 'a bruh moment?' Is it like the yeets and the lits? By the time I figured either of those out, people weren't using them anymore. I would play a tiny violin for myself, but people don't do that anymore either.)

While I'm here, though - I know our timezones don't line up very well, but if you'd ever want to do a casual Terraria playthrough together, I'd love the chance to. You're always great fun to talk with.

Heh, but only by a hair. You can still say you're older than ET for the Atari!
...the part that really makes me feel old is when I can't follow the references and memes of the next generation.
Do you desire this though? They're just silly shenanigans anyway. :p

While I'm here, though - I know our timezones don't line up very well, but if you'd ever want to do a casual Terraria playthrough together, I'd love the chance to. You're always great fun to talk with.
I'm sure we can arrange something, and thanks! Likewise. :)

And now I'll stop polluting MrTristifer's thread. *returns to the shadows*

This definitely sounds like my thing, I'm Pyrosorc on steam and Pyrosorc#3270 on discord. I'm going to assume that your age cut-off can flex by a few months!

@Laluzi @Gotcha! @MrTristifer

Long time no speak - I was just thinking that Journey's End should be out in the next 6 weeks and was wondering if there was any interest in getting the dream team back together for a Master mode playthrough when it lands?

@Laluzi @Gotcha! @MrTristifer

Long time no speak - I was just thinking that Journey's End should be out in the next 6 weeks and was wondering if there was any interest in getting the dream team back together for a Master mode playthrough when it lands?
Depending on if we all have the time, we certainly have plans to do so, and will possibly have even more people on-board. I'm hoping to have 2 old Terraria friends in as well, and I believe MrTristifer has a possible friend to join on top of that.
We had a discussion about it in-game. I wasn't sure if you were interested, since you, well, basically went poof. :)

Some of us have also been thinking about going Master Mode (yikes), but I guess that can remain open for discussion.

Back
Top Bottom