Official Looking for people with the Blizzard Crash/Freeze Issue

Hello, I have an audio problem that leads to the freeze problem
I have headphones plugged in but for some whenever I try to move the in game music bar, it automatically goes back to 0.
This has been annoying me since I installed terraria and I can't hear anything in game.

Hello, I am also having this problem and also a glitch where I can hear music and some sound effects but not all of them. I also have video evidence if needed. I do have earphones plugged in.
I hope this issue will be fixed promptly.

Hi! i am experiencing this bug and tried the headphone solution, it didn't work, with speakers or headphones the bug still happens.

somethings i notice:
if you have your inventory open while the bug happens you can use all the menus, but items cannot be used (it behaves like in autopause).

this might be related, but my ambient volume is automatically set to 0% every time i change it, independent of the game weather or where i am,

this also occur with the sound volume, although less often, i could't find a pattern to when it happens.

Hello everyone,

Once again, we're looking into the notorious Blizzard Crash/Freeze issue. To elaborate, its a very unique gameplay bug where the player completely loses control of their character and become stuck in place when in a Blizzard. The game will usually continue to move and enemies will be active, but the player themself is frozen (Bugged, not Debuffed) and immobile.

We are looking for anyone who still has this issue, to potentially try a fix solution for them. If you are someone who has this issue, and can confirm you are still having it in the live version of the game, please let us know here, or you can PM me about it. We'd like to throw some test files at you to see if they fix the issue or not, because I'd really like to get this problem fixed. :)

I'm having this problem, I tried reinstalling the game and nothing worked.

I am still having this problem. I am on Mac. Like LoudParrot said my volume also consistently sets itself to zero when I'm trying to turn it up.

Hello everyone,

Once again, we're looking into the notorious Blizzard Crash/Freeze issue. To elaborate, its a very unique gameplay bug where the player completely loses control of their character and become stuck in place when in a Blizzard. The game will usually continue to move and enemies will be active, but the player themself is frozen (Bugged, not Debuffed) and immobile.

We are looking for anyone who still has this issue, to potentially try a fix solution for them. If you are someone who has this issue, and can confirm you are still having it in the live version of the game, please let us know here, or you can PM me about it. We'd like to throw some test files at you to see if they fix the issue or not, because I'd really like to get this problem fixed. :)
i've been having this issue and every time i go to the snow biome my character freezes, everything else is still moving but cant damage me, im playing on tmodloader i dont know if that makes a difference

Hello everyone,

My character freezes when i go into a snow biome, not my game, just my character, enemies still go for me but dont do damage, ive tried uninstalling the game but it didnt work. Im on tmodloader if that makes a difference

I believe this occurs when an XAudio device (sound library used by XNA) cannot be created, usually due to a lack of speakers/sound output/bad sound drivers. This behavior seems to be mirrored in FNA too.
How I think the freeze occurs: Computer has issues trying to output audio -> XAudio device cannot be created -> Attempted uses by XNA to play sounds throws NoAudioHardwareException -> When UpdateBiomes() called in Player.Update() tries to play blizzard sounds but errors out and exits the Player.Update() method, breaking normal player behavior in the rest of the method like movement keys, buffs, etc

Relevant links

Hello everyone,

I have been having this issue when playing calamity and it's been annoying me for the past month I can't play the mod properly cause of this bug

I have had a glitch involving the blizzard, but not this specific one. On switch, when you move vertically, the direction the snow is coming from rapidly changes, making it freak out. It is EXTREMELY hard on the eyes

Hello everyone,

error.PNG

how to fix this problem. If i play whith no mods terraria works but when i use tmodloader it 'shows me this. and thats how my charecter loks.
sdfghj.PNG

If you are using a custom wave bank, then we can't consider that a valid replication of the bug.

However, as mentioned prior, the most consistent working fix for this is to make sure to have a valid audio device when playing (speakers or headphones.
hey, i want to report an issue with Terraria Steam Workshop, do I tell you here or go somewhere else? can I tell you and then you relay it to the Devs?

Back
Top Bottom