Official Looking for Testers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is something Cenx (probably with Redigit & Crew) are reviewing in the e-mails and conversations. Making sure who to trust, why to trust them, and what exactly they can contribute to the development. They want people who are elaborate (not exited for the 1.3 spoils), but everything they have been given to check off, test, take notes, and feedback.

Even though you are going to be spoiled out because of the 1.3 features that are in that copy, they expect you to be professional about it, and deal with it like any typical version of Terraria. I know a lot of people are excessively excited about 1.3. It was only a year since Redigit returned to start working on it again, we don't want this to be the end again. So the applicants should be weary that what they are offering to do, could also result in complete disarray if not done correctly. However you are not doing this because of "Oh my god, yes I have 1.3 in my hands". No, you are doing this because "I will dedicate myself to make sure that 1.3 will be a great experience for those awaiting the final product. That they are satisfactory with the new updates and do not come across game-breaking glitches or bugs."

Some Tips:
  • Provide personal information, you are going to be part of the team of testers and communicating with developers hands-on.
  • Be mature, and of age. Not sure what the age limitation is on this subject, but take it you may have to be 13 or older, and if worst: 18.
  • Have your computer setup right: Notepad ready, communication tools read (skype, steam, etc). You'll be talking to devs one way or the other.
  • Take notes as you go through the game, everything you encounter could be a bug, take note of it. Detailed and step by step. If its nothing, the devs will most likely notice it based on your detailed notes.
    • If it feels out of place.
    • Something didn't look right.
    • Something stopped functioning or acts strange.
  • Provide your System Specifications, they are obviously looking for 1-2 Mac/Linux testers specifically too. Since it is confirmed that there is development for those operating systems.
  • Language barriers are also important, this game needs people with exceptional language skills in other countries!
    • If you know a second language, provide it!
  • Google up NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement), make sure you know whats coming to you if you get picked, assume you will be picked so you are prepared for what is to come!
    • You are dealing with rights and laws, serious business (Don't take it harsh, but take it respectfully.)
    • Serious consequences can result from violating these agreements. If you never been in a situation that is serious, this might be a good time to rank up to a get-to-know basis.
  • Do not say "I spend a lot of time on it". Time may be of the essence, but quality is too. We want people to check thoroughly through the game, exploit the un-exploitable!

We need more people like you in this forum :)

We need more people like you in this forum :)
Thank you,

I only started being so supported and heartfelt to contribute as much as I can as a Terrarian because of the input and work in Beta testing the forums. Which even before 1.2 and after 1.2 when Redigit departed had sparked my interests further to do something. I appreciate everyone's input and do ask everyone to link this to those in desperation to be a part of the Beta testing.

Originally the Forum/Website beta testing wasn't as severe as this, it was pretty much, messaging and agreeing not to share it, but this requires a more than just that.

i've sartet a convo with cenx earlier and hope you can take a look into it
of course i am aware of all the thing that are expected of me and i fully agree with that

Im pretty excited about 1.3! I got Terraria a few weeks ago and im pretty addicted, already got a fully automated moon farm reaching wave 13 on frost moon lol

Thank you,

I only started being so supported and heartfelt to contribute as much as I can as a Terrarian because of the input and work in Beta testing the forums. Which even before 1.2 and after 1.2 when Redigit departed had sparked my interests further to do something. I appreciate everyone's input and do ask everyone to link this to those in desperation to be a part of the Beta testing.

Originally the Forum/Website beta testing wasn't as severe as this, it was pretty much, messaging and agreeing not to share it, but this requires a more than just that.
Yeah, this is definitely much more serious.

I want to be a beta tester! But I'm only 16... and I have school...:(

Depressing personal problems aside, does this mean that you have finished adding most of the important features in 1.3?

Good day Terrarians!

As the title suggests we are currently looking for people interested in testing 1.3 on PC/windows, Mac, Linux, and Red's new special project( Recommended for advanced players). If you are interested in testing please have extensive knowledge of the game and mechanics, a working computer, and time to spend playing Terraria!

For more information you can contact me here via conversation or email me at [email protected]

Thanks! :dryadhappy:
I would love to!! :passionate: My computer is very fast and does well on terraria too!!!:naughty:

Good day Terrarians!

As the title suggests we are currently looking for people interested in testing 1.3 on PC/windows, Mac, Linux, and Red's new special project( Recommended for advanced players). If you are interested in testing please have extensive knowledge of the game and mechanics, a working computer, and time to spend playing Terraria!

For more information you can contact me here via conversation or email me at [email protected]

Thanks! :dryadhappy:
I would love to test the update and see what bugs there are! I have sent a message on gmail!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom