Game Mechanics Looking up. A simple change to make finding floating islands easier.

Czar

Official Terrarian
Hi. Do you hate wasting your blocks to search for floating islands? Im here to fix this.

This a simple suggestion that doesn't need a wall of text.
What I'm proposing is that when you are above ground and there is a floating island above you, there would be a subtle animation of the player looking up by tilting his head.

That is all. Bye.

Hi. Do you hate wasting your blocks to search for floating islands? Im here to fix this.

This a simple suggestion that doesn't need a wall of text.
What I'm proposing is that when you are above ground and there is a floating island above you, there would be a simple animation of the player looking up by tilting his head.

That is all. Bye.

You are aware that Floating Island are supposed to be difficult (and rewarding) to find, right?

If you hate wasting your blocks looking for floating islands, you should stop using good blocks for that and just stick to dirt blocks.

And even if you use good blocks, it's not like placing blocks is a permanent action.

Floating Islands aren't really that hard to find in the first place. You just have to wait until you can really find them.

And just to be able to look up slightly, the Devs would have to make tilted sprites for every single thing you can wear on your head.

I agree with the others so far. Also, I think that the difficulty of finding the Floating Islands at an early stage of the game also serves as a barrier for new characters, so they have to seek out better gear in order to be able to find these islands, so the gear in the Floating Island chests are not significant departures from the gear the player character currently holds.

Oh boy, how it annoys me when people use blocks for elevation instead of platforms or rope, which both exist for the purpose of getting you to higher places.

As others in the thread suggested, you could just use meteor shot, or flaming arrows [they come back as regular arrows in drop form if they hit something] to find things out of reach like floating islands.
Or if the loot gods smile in your favor and you happen to have binoculars or a bee mount at hand, you could just look upwards that way or fly all the way up to space and find your islands that way.

Not to mention the whole [looking upwards sprites] bit. Unless of course, you're willing to make a new sprite for over one hundred and sixty-four helmets, accessories, hats, and masks.

So no, no support.

two words for you OP, "Water Bolt". i've found that this solves all problems with finding the sky islands. i can't support this suggestion, and do not. sorry.

Back
Top Bottom