tModLoader Loot Bags Mod

Does the drop of he bag proc when you kill any enemy?
Proc? I'm sorry but I don't quite understand what you are trying to say. If you mean does it drop from any enemy then the answer is yes as long as it has more than 5 health and drops money.

Proc? I'm sorry but I don't quite understand what you are trying to say. If you mean does it drop from any enemy then the answer is yes as long as it has more than 5 health and drops money.

Then the chances are way to high IMO. I would keep it like max 1% and the rest lower. The bags if I did understood correctly should be like a nice surprise you get not a thing you be relying on.

Last edited:
The common loot bag is a 1/30 chance which is a 3.333% chance. Every tier goes up by 5 so the godly is a 1/55 which is a tiny 1.81% chance. I dont want the bags to be to common but a 1% chance is really rare. Also, the next update is going to add special weapons to the bags. I want it possible to actually get them since the cores will most likely be a 1/10 drop chance from bags.

The common loot bag is a 1/30 chance which is a 3.333% chance. Every tier goes up by 5 so the godly is a 1/55 which is a tiny 1.81% chance. I dont want the bags to be to common but a 1% chance is really rare. Also, the next update is going to add special weapons to the bags. I want it possible to actually get them since the cores will most likely be a 1/10 drop chance from bags.

Think how fast can you kill 33 mobs on the game. Youll get like 2 bags per hour or even more.

2 loot bags an hour is fine. When I was doing a play through with my mod the drop chance felt fine. Think about it. If you get 2 loot bags an hour the chances of you getting the item you want is pretty low.

2 loot bags an hour is fine. When I was doing a play through with my mod the drop chance felt fine. Think about it. If you get 2 loot bags an hour the chances of you getting the item you want is pretty low.

Is up to you but I think is too much free stuff. If you could add a config file to adjust the chances would be great so anyone could make it as easy or hard to obtain as they want to.

Here is how to create a config file if you are interested https://forums.terraria.org/index.p...-to-config-files-and-optional-features.48581/

The config will be released in the next update. It will allow you to change the drop chances of each loot bag. If you set the chance to 50, then it will be a 1/50 chance. If you put 30, then it will be a 1/30 chance.

For some reason i get huge amounts of dye bags (wich should be less common than common bag in my opinion) and absolutely no other bags..

For some reason i get huge amounts of dye bags (wich should be less common than common bag in my opinion) and absolutely no other bags..

It was a bit confusing for me as well but you need to use the thingy you craft with one silver coin to get the bags. I though that thing will only collect the bags once it was on my inventory.

It was a bit confusing for me as well but you need to use the thingy you craft with one silver coin to get the bags. I though that thing will only collect the bags once it was on my inventory.
It seems not. Either i didn't get any bag at all, or item does not work. And i have a long playthrough rith now. I obtained like a hundred dye bags while no any other bags, and using the tool you told me about does nothing. player just swings it.

I'm pretty new to coding so there are a lot bugs which is why it is in the WIP section. I'm trying my best and I will try to create a better loot bag system since the one right now is really bad. I'll probably try out a ui if I can wrap my head around it. But I will release a config that will allow you to have the old system of loot bags dropping from enemies.

Yeah, I'm not getting any bags other than dye ones either. At the start of this world & char I got like 9 loot bags instantly and haven't gotten a single one since.

I'm pretty new to coding so there are a lot bugs which is why it is in the WIP section. I'm trying my best and I will try to create a better loot bag system since the one right now is really bad. I'll probably try out a ui if I can wrap my head around it. But I will release a config that will allow you to have the old system of loot bags dropping from enemies.
Well, You could just make that there's a meter of number of enemies killed, and when it's filled you can either get a loot bag out of the pool of the accessible ones to you or just nothing, and you could set it that it's more probable to get nothing so that the RNG is still a thing (like every 250 enemies you have a 15% to get a bag which can be either common,uncommon or rare and you're going for rare cus' reasons)

Great mod. in multiplayer loot bags seem to be incredibly rare tough.
i have played with a friend on a server together with the reduced grinding mod, using war potions to try and get a ton of mobs to spawn and then killing them for lootbags and money.
in about 20 hours of playing, doing every boss and every event we could find in a mod packed playthrough, we have gotten roughly 10 white loot bags. we were using default settings, with the loot bag tracker enabled.

Right now there is a bug that @bluemagic123 found which makes it so that loot bags get rarer each time you kill an enemy. This will be corrected in the next update. I also hope to make the loot bag tracker work better in multiplayer in the next update as well.

Right now there is a bug that @bluemagic123 found which makes it so that loot bags get rarer each time you kill an enemy. This will be corrected in the next update. I also hope to make the loot bag tracker work better in multiplayer in the next update as well.
Please reserve your update when the next version for 1.3.5 gets available because for some users they cant reverte to the previous 1.3.4.4

got solar armor in pre-hardmode
thanks loot bag
also a ankh charm
EDIT: guilt caught up to me and i deleted all the stuff i got from the loot bags

Back
Top Bottom