tModLoader Loot Bags Mod

Already there, just change it to 1:10, or 1:2 respectively.
I'd like to see different droprate options per tier. As well as options to choose whether to enable / disable certain bags at a stage in the game. Also whether it is available at the merchant and a price multiplier / config.
Also, blacklisting and whitelisting items per bag could be very useful.

I found a small bug too, the config file is located at the root of /Terraria/ModLoader instead of /Terraria/ModLoader/Mod Configs.
I'll do all that and the config file location isn't technically a bug. I could've sworn that the mod configs folder wasn't there before.

UPDATE: I'm not going to add everything that was suggested. Blacklisting/whitelisting items would require me to redo the system I'm using. I could really only do if all loot bags drop at the same time.

Last edited:
"LootBag1DropChance": 20,
"LootBag2DropChance": 25,
"LootBag3DropChance": 33,
"LootBag4DropChance": 50,
"LootBag5DropChance": 100,
"LootBag6DropChance": 200,
"DyeBagDropChance": 5,
"BuyLootBags": true,
"AllLootBagsDrop": true

Muahahaha this is gonna be fun!

I don't know if you will like this idea or know how to do it because i certainly don't know how this would be coded, but you should try to make it mod compatible like calamity mod loot bags, thorium loot bags, ect.
Hope you like the idea!

I don't know if you will like this idea or know how to do it because i certainly don't know how this would be coded, but you should try to make it mod compatible like calamity mod loot bags, thorium loot bags, ect.
Hope you like the idea!
Mod support is something I want to try to do but I need to do the weapons for the loot bags first.

I don't think the AllLootBagsDrop setting is working. I've been playing with the settings I mentioned in my last post, for a few hours now, and I should have - at the very least - had a few Tier 2 Loot Bags drop, but so far I've only gotten Tier 1 bags.

I don't think the AllLootBagsDrop setting is working. I've been playing with the settings I mentioned in my last post, for a few hours now, and I should have - at the very least - had a few Tier 2 Loot Bags drop, but so far I've only gotten Tier 1 bags.
Try changing the droprates to 0 so that they have a 100% chance to drop and then see if they do.

Try changing the droprates to 0 so that they have a 100% chance to drop and then see if they do.

Good idea. Tried that, but they still only dropped Tier 1 bags.

EDIT: I might be an idiot. I'm starting to think I may have completely misunderstood what exactly the AllLootBagsDrop setting does. I was under the impression that it makes enemies able to drop any loot bag at any point in the game, regardless of your progress. Now that I've defeated Skeletron, and enemies have started dropping Tier 2 bags alongside Tier 1 bags, I've realized that's not the case.

That being said, I would really love a setting that does what I thought AllLootBagsDrop did. One that lets any tier bag drop at any point in the game - dependent on the drop chance settings, of course. That'd be fun.

Last edited:
I have a question: what happened to the project of putting in every tier of bags a core with which you craft swords/bows/staves?

I think the lava charm should drop in the tier two bag, as it is usually discovered after killing skeletron. Just an idea tho.

well lava charm is found on cavern layer golden chests but theyre rare, not after killing skeletron so youre lucky if you found one.
https://terraria.wiki.gg/Lava_Charm
I've read the page already (because I had no idea where to find one) but I was just thinking that most people only explore that deep after killing skeletron. (Maybe that's just me tho) However, I don't actually know the price for the first bag, so if someone could give me that I might understand why it is in the first bag.

Back
Top Bottom