tModLoader Loot Bags Mod

Finally a new update. You can now have those cool weapons. I look forward to feedback on balancing the new weapons because I have no clue on how good they actually are.

I must say, having an Arkhalis pre-EoC is kind of overpowered. I think the Arkhalis belongs in the 2nd or 3rd loot bag. Or at least decrease the chance from the 1st bag. Yes, it is accessible pre-EoC, it's just very overpowered.

I really like all the stuff I can get from this mod without having to normally go out and get it. It especially helps with items that normally require high RNG to get. I have a couple of suggestions...

Could there be a recipe to downgrade the loot bag you're holding? You can do something similar with Prefixes for Enemies' tokens and imkSushiMod's tokens as well. I don't have it set up for the merchant to sell previous loot bags due to his inventory getting full as it is already from other mods.

Any plans for summoning and throwing weapons to go with the other tier weapons added to the latest update?

I really like all the stuff I can get from this mod without having to normally go out and get it. It especially helps with items that normally require high RNG to get. I have a couple of suggestions...

Could there be a recipe to downgrade the loot bag you're holding? You can do something similar with Prefixes for Enemies' tokens and imkSushiMod's tokens as well. I don't have it set up for the merchant to sell previous loot bags due to his inventory getting full as it is already from other mods.

Any plans for summoning and throwing weapons to go with the other tier weapons added to the latest update?
I might remove the merchant selling loot bags and replace it with downgrading. I've never made a working summoner weapon before but I could try again since I have a better understanding of code since the last time I tried.

minor bug/inconsistency ive come across, the tier 4 loot bag, the one that drops most of the items from the solar eclipse and chlorophyte bars? it doesnt drop any chlorophyte. i bought nearly 1000 of the bags, opened about 300 and got no chloro bars. i doubt the drop chance for them is that abysmally low, so im guessing something is wrong with that...
and im fairly sure this isnt a mod conflict, since no mods add anything to do with this mod, and i havent tinkered with the base config at all.

minor bug/inconsistency ive come across, the tier 4 loot bag, the one that drops most of the items from the solar eclipse and chlorophyte bars? it doesnt drop any chlorophyte. i bought nearly 1000 of the bags, opened about 300 and got no chloro bars. i doubt the drop chance for them is that abysmally low, so im guessing something is wrong with that...
and im fairly sure this isnt a mod conflict, since no mods add anything to do with this mod, and i havent tinkered with the base config at all.
"The loot that you can get shown here is no longer up to date and will probably not be because I'm lazy." its probably just been removed. as it states here, the creator isn't going to update it so its probably very different now.

I'm currently going though the whole list of items in terraria (3968 items) and picking ones that I think should go into the loot bags.
So when this is all done the list on the mod page will be updated and the loot bags will be better with extra stuff being added.

Last edited:
The next update will be for the loot in the bags, the thread has been updated and now they are in alphabetical which will make it easier for you to find certain items, also they show the number of items you can get like topaz is 3 - 6

The hitbox on the Adept Sword Projectile is too wide so the projectile cant be fired when on flat ground. also the tier 3 loot bags are unbalanced from what i discovered in-game. For example: i recently got into hardmode and opened a bag and in it was a scaly truffle which is very overpowered at the begining of hardmode. I think some of the More OP items on Tier 3 bags should be moved to Tier 4, like the rid of discord, and the Uzi.

The hitbox on the Adept Sword Projectile is too wide so the projectile cant be fired when on flat ground. also the tier 3 loot bags are unbalanced from what i discovered in-game. For example: i recently got into hardmode and opened a bag and in it was a scaly truffle which is very overpowered at the begining of hardmode. I think some of the More OP items on Tier 3 bags should be moved to Tier 4, like the rid of discord, and the Uzi.
But if you can get them at the beginning of hardmode then they will be in tier 3.

Back
Top Bottom