• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Loss of treasure bags, and something with the portal gun

12kimmi21

Terrarian
Me and a friend were fighting eye of chutulu for the first time on a new caracter, when we won only one of us got a treasure bag, i dont know why this happened. And for the portal gun, when u hold the portal gun, and u fly while holding D or A, u can leg to of D or A and still be moving to one side, but if u hit the roof while u do thing, u can go trough a one block wide hole in the roof, this is may noy a bug, but i dont thimk its supposed to be in the game. Thanks

Nate McCloud

Terrarian
Maintaining horizontal speed when letting go of D or A is a feature of the portal gun, not a bug. On the other hand, passing through one-block holes in the ceiling is a bug that has been there for a while now. As for the treasure bag thing...I have no idea. I rarely get a chance to play multiplayer anymore.

Texture

Official Terrarian
A friend of mine and myself fought 2 bosses today, and only one of us got a bag, instead of both of us.

TiberiusTheWise

Official Terrarian
I believe treasure bags only spawn 1 per player who has done 30% or more damage to the boss. If your friend did a lot less damage than you, he may not have done enough to get a treasure bag.

Frosthaven

Terrarian
I believe that one bag drops for every player who has done 30% or more of total damage to the boss.
Is this posted somewhere publicly? Because this isn't the first time I've heard this but it hasn't been my experience at all in 3+ full playthroughs with friends. In fact, whenever one of us on one edge of the world is about to kill a random boss everyone else uses a wormhole to get to that person "just in time" to collect loot for a chance at dev gear.

So either someone has posted bad information in a very public way, or our game from versions 1.3 - 1.3.0.6 have been abnormally bugged in a beneficial way.

Leinfors

Quality Assurance
Staff member
Re-Logic
As far as I am aware, @TiberiusTheWise is incorrect.

Every player which dealt damage to the boss period should get a boss bag. There may be unusual exceptions that I'm not aware of, such as only hitting a part of a boss (like if you only hit Skeletron Prime's laser, but not his head), but otherwise, all damage dealing participants of a battle should get a boss bag. Any instances of this not happening is either a bug, a lag related issue, or user error.

Top Bottom