Lost all items equipped in my main

Crazed Birb

Terrarian
So, I lost my main character for joining a Multiplayer server, all the items my main character got erased when i joining a Multiplayer server.

I started as a fresh player and when coming out and going to single player again, all my items and progression with that character are gone.

I want to know why is this even a thing? is this how the game threats new players? there isn't even a warning...

Help pls

Okay, so did your character get deleted? Or just the items? Was this all from a single session? If you go into a world, pick up some wood, then leave, join a singleplayer world you won't have the wood on your character?

It sounds like your progress didn't save from a session. Can I ask how you left the server and closed down the game?

Pretty sure I have some kind of idea what happened. Basically the server had set inventory and stats and deleted your items etc. I don't know if there's a way to recover them because it hasn't happened to me. Pretty sure they're gone, basically you should just avoid using your main on that server.

I just left the server normally " save and quit " i did not pick any new items, the server was very restricted from doing any change to the world.

Multiplayer server is called "Penguin" or something similar

Pedquin's server, yeah, that's what I was expecting. Basically the server has a system that sets your inventory, health and mana to specific things that fit whatever part of the server you're on. The items are gone far as I know. It's recommended you use a separate character for that server.

Thanks for not having a in-game warning, i dont think i will even come back to the game tho.
(maybe another time, i'll search for an adventure map with all items)

I'm disgusted for losing all the stuff i farmed for so long, like cellphone, ankh shield and even rod of discord. Even the items stored in my safe, pig bank and defender's forge, all those inside are GONE...

There isn't an in game warning because the developers can't account for third party server software or their behavior, especially when that behavior is far from how the vanilla server and game handles your character.

I'm sorry that this happened to you. You can see if the administrators of the server can work with you on recovering your items.

How is there a third party server? I joined there normally through the normal game menu and how could i know that server uses mods?

This is kinda bad made and should be looked into it to avoid same issue with newer players.

You know, I do not disagree with your statement. It's far too easy to join a server run by TShock or another third party server software and not be aware of it. I mean surely this should be solved by users not joining random servers they are not intimately familiar with, but this can't be expected of most lamen users.

Perhaps Terraria could do with some sort of internal server authentication so that users are aware of the backend of a server before the actual join process is started. Though that is a debate for the suggestion section of the forums rather than here. I honestly do not know if and how often those sections are checked by staff so it very well could end up getting buried.

I really do sympathize with your case, and I'd like to make you aware of one possibility of recovering your items. But be warned, it is not supported by relogic in any way shape or form.

Recreate your character using a Save Editor: Please keep in mind Relogic does not officially support or condone Save Editors and other 3rd Party software. In the event all else has failed you can use an inventory editor to help remake your character so that not all your progress is lost. The one that I like to point people to is TerraSVR because it is all web based and pretty simple to use. If you're having trouble figuring out how to use it there's a help button in the top right to help explain it's various features.

Back
Top Bottom