PC Lost connection trying to join friend's server

commieelfie

Terrarian
Hello,

I bought this game on Steam a few weeks back to play with a friend specifically. She tried to host the game but whenever I tried to join via Steam it just said "Lost Connection" after I inserted the correct password.

I have since read many threads on this issue and tried some different solutions. Both of us have tried, for example, uninstalling the game and manually deleting all files, and installing it again, but the same error occurs. The error occurs both when I try to join her hosted game and when she tries to join mine.

When trying to validate the integrity of the files on Steam, both of us keep receiving the same "1 file failed to validate" message, even after uninstalling and installing the game again as mentioned in the previous paragraph. I have also read a thread somewhere where it was suggested that message was simply a bug, and nothing to actually worry about.

I'm just quite confused in general? Would be a bummer if I couldn't play this game with her, as that was the main point behind getting the game.

Thanks for reading, and I would appreciate any help.

Hey this might be a dated response, but make sure you both are aware of the Journey Mode difficulty. She may have made a Journey Mode world with a Journey Mode character and you may have made a Classic character for you to join with. Journey Mode worlds can only be played/joined with Journey Mode characters, and Non-Journey Mode worlds can only be played with Non-Journey Mode worlds. So make sure you're both using the right worlds and characters to connect.

Back
Top Bottom