Votes: 3 18.8%
  • What

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Not a choice

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ordinary Orange

Skeletron Prime
So we've all been there, seeing a random lost girl in the caverns and then she turns into a nymph and attacks you.

Okay, not literally, but in terraria. It's happened to all of us in terraria.
But after that first shock you kind of come to expect it. See a lost girl, it's actually a nymph. No surprise.
But what if we changed that?

Oh and what if we had an NPC selling random cave loot?
This is the Lost Girl NPC. She has a 1 in 4 chance of appearing instead of a nymph when approaching a lost girl, assuming you don't already have a lost girl NPC. Here she is:
LostGirlNPC (1).png

As you can see, I gave her some clothes. She's meant to be a teenage girl, but eeuhh...
She defends herself with throwing knives pre-hardmode and magic daggers in hardmode.
Anyway, shop items:
ItemCostConditions
1586308558052.png
Diamond
1586308730965.png
1586308823981.png
None
1586308567683.png
Ruby
1586308737651.png
1586308782007.png
1586308797174.png
None
1586308575959.png
Emerald
1586308833209.png
None
1586308584355.png
Sapphire
1586308846844.png
1586308874905.png
None
1586308600707.png
Topaz
1586308930721.png
1586308942043.png
None
1586308608542.png
Amethyst
1586309031450.png
1586309067269.png
None
Random PotionChanges by itemPost-EOC; Changes daily
Random Gold Chest LootChanges by itemPost-EOW/BOC; Changes daily
1586350450343.png
Life Crystal
1586350498775.png
1586350514979.png
Post-Skeletron
1586351563863.png
Crystal Shard
1586351596834.png
Hardmode Night
Mineral Infuser.png
Mineral Infuser
1586351942411.png
Hardmode
BronzeFeather.png
Bronze Feather
1586351749216.png
Post-1 Mech Boss Day
1586351965352.png
Life Fruit
1586352001527.png
Post-Plantera
Nymph Wig (1).png
Nymph Wig
1586353240583.png
Parties
By the way, the random chest loot/potions will have prices equal to 5X their sell price.

So, you may have spotted some new items! And here they are now:
Mineral Infuser.png
Mineral Infuser (Placed sprite:
Mineral infuser placed (1).gif
): A brand new Extractinator upgrade! It takes 50 stone and converts it into one of the 6 Hardmode ores! It may be a little unballenced, so if there's any suggestions on how to fix it, please let me know. Tooltip: Turns large amounts of stone into something a lot more useful.

BronzeFeather.png
Bronze Feather: Used to craft bronze wings.
BronzeWings.png
Bronze Wings: Early-HM wings. Crafted with a bronze feather and 20
1586373918636.png
Souls of flight. Flight time: 2.67, Height: 81. On-tier with leaf wings, which should be nerfed. Tooltip: Allows flight and slow fall
Nymph Wig (1).png
Nymph hairpiece: Makes your hair look like a nymph's. Worn:
NymphWigWorn.png
NymphWigWorn2.png

So, that’s all well and good, but now, let’s give her some personality!
QuoteConditions
“Hey, I’m... kinda lost...”When homeless
“Can I have some clothes? And can you stop staring at me until I get some clothes?When homeless
“Why are you looking at me like that?”Always
“Caving is, like, really fun when you don’t have a phone.”Always
“I used to live in a place like this before... you know...”Always
“[Name of Angler] is like the annoying little brother I never had.”When Angler has moved in
“I asked [Name of Mechanic] for a phone and she gave me, like, a DIY phone kit that was just, like, a bunch of wires.”When Mechanic has moved in
“There’s like, a REALLY big plant in the jungle, and I want you to kill it so I can get some of that weird fruit down there.”After defeating the Mech bosses, before Plantera
“Why do YOU get a phone, but I can’t?If the player has a Cell Phone
That's it for now! If anyone else has ideas, please tell me!

Attachments

• 1586351465841.png
    1586351465841.png
    406 bytes · Views: 114
  • Mineral Infuser.png
    Mineral Infuser.png
    597 bytes · Views: 117
  • Mineral infuser placed.gif
    Mineral infuser placed.gif
    16.2 KB · Views: 145
  • 1586373784213.png
    1586373784213.png
    367 bytes · Views: 95
  • NymphWigWorn2.png
    NymphWigWorn2.png
    453 bytes · Views: 123
Last edited:
this is cool! though selling life fruit crystal shards and life crystals might be a bit <not op but it takes out the farming and searching of the game which i quite enjoy

overall a unique and fun idea

To be fair, the health-increasing items are sold pretty late into Pre- and Post-Hardmode respectively. The Crystal Shards I can see a bit of a problem with, but not with the Fruits and Crystals.

This is way too unbalanced.
Selling rare gems defeats the point of them being rare.
The random potion/gold chest loot is a bit weird.

Life crystals and life fruit shouldn't be sold, and if they must be sold not that early. By skeletron you would usually only have 200-300 health, so this would be overpowered. This would be even worse for life fruit, as usually after defeating plantera you would have 0-6 golden hearts.

The crystal shards are way too expensive.

Bronze wings should cost 1 plat like other wings. No need to sell the feather instead of the wings themselves.

The Mineral Infuser just doesn't really seem like a good idea--the extractinator giving out pre-hardmode ores was okay because they were relatively useless in terms of gear, but hardmode ores are actually decent gear wise.

The nymph wig is the only thing I would keep vertabim, other than perhaps the quotes.

This is way too unbalanced.

Selling rare gems defeats the point of them being rare.

The rare gems are not really required many, but Magic Storage mod has affected requirement.

The problem is that selling rare gems are not limited quantity, maybe another mod have a gem merchant too.

Life crystals and life fruit shouldn't be sold, and if they must be sold not that early. By skeletron you would usually only have 200-300 health, so this would be overpowered. This would be even worse for life fruit, as usually after defeating plantera you would have 0-6 golden hearts.

The crystal shards are way too expensive.

I also don't think that life crystals and life fruits should be sold, but life crystals cannot regenerate.

Crystal shards can regenerate and be farmed.

The Mineral Infuser just doesn't really seem like a good idea--the extractinator giving out pre-hardmode ores was okay because they were relatively useless in terms of gear, but hardmode ores are actually decent gear wise.

I think hardmode ores should wait crafting until hardmode.

However, hardmode ores are not really required many since chlorophyte ores can be mined.

This is the Lost Girl NPC. She has a 1 in 4 chance of appearing instead of a nymph when approaching a lost girl, assuming you don't already have a lost girl NPC.

As you can see, I gave her some clothes. She's meant to be a teenage girl, but eeuhh...

I prefer Friendly Nymph NPC, instead of she's only a lost girl.

Giving some NPC clothes seems to be able to test armor?

If she becomes a town NPC, I think it's more appropriate that she's at least 18 years old, otherwise she's too young.

QuoteConditions
“Hey, I’m... kinda lost...”When homeless
“Can I have some clothes? And can you stop staring at me until I get some clothes?When homeless
“Why are you looking at me like that?”Always
“Caving is, like, really fun when you don’t have a phone.”Always
“I used to live in a place like this before... you know...”Always
“[Name of Angler] is like the annoying little brother I never had.”When Angler has moved in
“I asked [Name of Mechanic] for a phone and she gave me, like, a DIY phone kit that was just, like, a bunch of wires.”When Mechanic has moved in
“There’s like, a REALLY big plant in the jungle, and I want you to kill it so I can get some of that weird fruit down there.”After defeating the Mech bosses, before Plantera
“Why do YOU get a phone, but I can’t?If the player has a Cell Phone
That's it for now! If anyone else has ideas, please tell me!

And I have my opinions about quotes of the NPC.

> "Can I have some clothes? And can you stop staring at me until I get some clothes?"
> "Why are you looking at me like that?"

So is she afraid of cold or is the weather cold?

If I give her some clothes, but unfortunately she's killed, maybe these items will be lost or cannot be found.

If I star at her, I only can say I'm sorry that I'm over curious about her and my gaze makes her uncomfortable.

If she doesn't want to be appreciated, I feel disappointed.

> "Caving is, like, really fun when you don’t have a phone."

I have no idea why she feel caving is fun. It's really dark and there are many traps in cavern.

When I play Terraria, I don't know I already put how many torches in underground and cavern.
Ichor torches will be better for water-proof.

> "I used to live in a place like this before... you know..."

A place like where? Does she really live in cavern? I don't know why she lives in cavern. Does she also eat and drink in cavern?

If she is a human, she is possible in trouble. She can possibly be infected Wuhan pneumonia in cavern airtight space.

If she is a nymph instead of a human, I am not sure if a nymph can be infected or is immune to Wuhan pneumonia.

There are many bats really annoying in cavern in Terraria, because they move toward a player all the time if they can.

> "There's like, a REALLY big plant in the jungle, and I want you to kill it so I can get some of that weird fruit down there."

What weird fruit does she want? Is there really weird fruit in Plantera there?

I hope she will work together with me when I attack Plantera.

> "Why do YOU get a phone, but I can't?"

So does she needs a phone? Does she want to communicate or teleport to her own home?

I only can say to her "this requires many kinds of detectors being collected, and this is not easy".

I hope I also can make a mod about lost girl/nymph NPC mod.
I try to make myself friendly nymph mod, but it's not easy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom