Biomes & Nature Lost Sea Biome!

Señor Ricardo

Skeletron
(Please note, I'm not sure if this first part with the Pirate is possible or what not)

Alright, so this is an idea that I've been wanted to write out for a while. The ocean is a relatively bare biome, usually I have very little interaction with it until Duke Fishron, or perhaps if I'm fishing. This kind of bums me out, as I always loved the idea of sea exploration.

SO! Let me get on with this!:happy:

Firstly, the Pirate would get another use, which would be something along the lines of "Commence Voyage" or something like that, this might cost a few gold or something. This is how we would get transported to this biome.

I'm not too sure exactly how or where this would actually fit into the world though, which is probably the main issue with my idea. My first idea is that somehow it would be another world, that is generated with your world? I'm honestly not too sure.

Since you need to be in hard mode to get the pirate, I'd say that the enemies, and any loot should all be hard mode grade. However, I think that maybe after you beat Plantera, or do something of that sort, things would get a lot harder, so the biome doesn't become obsolete.

ALRIGHTIE SO HERE ARE THE ACTUALLY THINGS HERE (Sprites all coming soon, when I make them)

If the terrain was mostly flat(like the vanilla ocean) it would be quite boring and barren. So I think that the Lost Sea should have several(like, a lot) islands that kind of just float (I don't know if they should extend to the sea floor..like real islands) Some of these islands could be a LOT bigger than others. I also think the actual sea floor needs some neat stuff, so I think that there should be coral reefs, and some sea caves, in fact, I think that A LOT of the sea floor should be sea caves. There could also be some random patches of kelp and other sea plants, just to make it more lively

A lot of these sprites were made lazily

STATS AND DROPS WILL BE MADE SOON!
(Also if you can think of better names for these things please help)

Sprite-0001.png
Lesser Fish (Kind of Like the gold fish): These things would come in all sorts of shapes and sizes, they would also be catch-able using a net.
They won't really serve a purpose, other than making the Lost Sea more lively. They, like other passive mobs, can be made into aquariums using glass.

GIANT ENEMY CRAB.png
Giant Crab: Spawns in water, and on the islands.
Stats:
Health: 380
Defense: 40
Damage: 60

Drops: Crab Chitin/Crab Shell
Large Jellyfish: Just a big jelly fish really, acts just like normal jellyfish just bigger and stronger.

Sprite-0002.png
(Lazy sprite) Sparkling Eel: Squirms around at you. Spawns anywhere in the water. Spawns in large hordes, is also quite small. The idea is that a bunch of them would come and get you.

Stats:
Health: 80
Damage: 95

Drops: Rarely(Like really rare, cause these eels are really common) drops Electric Staff (Just had to think of something)

Giant Squid: (Will be put here)

Tiki Warior: Appears to be a Lihzahrd, spawns on the islands

Mermen: Acts like the Icy Merman, except shoots a brighter color water bolt like projectile

[More Monsters will be added]

Giant Eel: Acts like the like the giant worm bosses ( Eater of Worlds, Destroyer) but instead of trying to wrap around the player, will swim back and fourth above and under player.
Perhaps some kind of projectiles are shot out by it. It is found sleeping in a sea cave, and is awoken when attacked. (Like the bee larvae except instead of summoning a different entity it just awakens what is already there)

Kraken: A giant squid, duh. Has eight (Squids have eight, right?) tentacles that extend and try to grab the player, they throw the player around in a similar way the wall of flesh does. You are still able to attack while being held.

Not too sure, but basically this is where the drops will be. All I know is that there will need to be a way to travel the sea, and sea floor more efficiently. Maybe a boat too

Last edited:
I really like this idea! Maybe it shouldn't be an option UNTIL you beat Plantera though. If you try to do it before Plantera the Pirate could say something about his ship still needing repairs, or he still needs to find the right map.

Back
Top Bottom