PC Low FPS Issue

♛Mizzet5♛

Spazmatism
I'm getting low FPS when on a multiplayer tmodloader server that is being hosted by a friend. We are playing through Steam and he has no issues. Singleplayer seems to be working fine, with consistently high FPS. On the server, though, it'll stay at around 30 then dip to about 15-20. It may be worth noting that when I'm on my inventory screen, my FPS jumps to about 40-60.

Settings:
Resolution: 1920x1080
Frame Skip: On
Lighting: Color
Multicore Lighting: 2
Quality: High
Background: On
Heat Distortion: Enabled
Storm Effects: Enabled
Waves Quality: High

I've played around with most settings, including resolution, lighting, and quality, but there is no noticeable difference.

PC Specs:
Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67 GHz
GTX 460
12GB RAM
Windows 7 SP1 64-bit

BTW, I'm measuring FPS with the Steam FPS counter. It seems accurate enough.

If you haven't, I'd reccomend pressing F9 until you get the less detailed shadows, if you don't mind the look. Changing to the second mode of it also allows for colored, much brighter lights.

So I have these same problems except I'm the one hosting. These issues started out of the blue at the same time as us getting stuck on requesting world information. Perfect fps in singleplayer, multiplayer drops down to a constant 30-40 and dips down as low as 1 during boss fights.

i7-3470
MSI R9 390
16GB RAM
Windows 10

If you found out any information please reply back here, thanks!

...am I the only one who has 32 gigs of ram, a 960 graphics card, but gets spikes of slow fps?

Back
Top Bottom