tAPI Lucky Blocks Mod

Should I add an effect that causes a meteor to spawn?

• Yes

Votes: 19 67.9%
  • No

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Cheese

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wulf'frid

Terrarian
LuckyBlockLogo.png

It's finally here!
You may ask "What is?"
Well, I'll tell ya!
IIIITS The lucky block mod!
I noticed that one of the seemingly favorite mods of the minecraft community was easily implementable (and upgradable!) in tAPI, so I implemented and coded it!
The only real differences between this mod and the minecraft one are the Terraria content and the fact that, rather than breaking the block, you get an item from the block that you use.
NOTE: YOU MUST HAVE 0.2.4 FOR IT TO FUNCTION CORRECTLY
A useable item that has a random effect, including summoning bosses, giving random items, and summoning random projectiles,
Same thing as above, but it references the entire game ids,
Gem blocks that have different effects when used, I.E. splitting the basic lucky block into different peices
0.1.0: Release
0.1.1: Updated to fix worldgen (they actually generate now), added a couple more random variables, for more randomness
0.1.2: Fixed so that all developer armor peices and wings are removed
0.1.3: Fixed bug
0.1.4: Finally finished fixing the dev items bug (silly me!), fixed the duds (or the block doing nothing) bug
0.1.4.1: Fixed multiple bugs
0.2.0: Revamped entire lucky block system
0.2.1: Fixed a couple of bugs with integers (thanks @Neojin for pointing those out)
0.2.2: (not important) bugfix for those using a custom wavebank
0.2.3: Added multiple different skin packs, recommended that you run only one at a time, however
0.2.4: Updated for tAPI r16 (just ran it through the r16 packer)
Me
@berberborscing, for his awesome tutorials
@Sin Costan, for inadvertently teaching me how to use Main.rand.Next in the way that I wanted to
Red and the other creators of this awesome game
PlayerInDistress, for creating the original Minecraft mod!
@Neojin for helping with bugfixes
To support me, copy and paste this into your signature
Code:
[URL=http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/lucky-blocks-mod.17481/#post-492559][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ySgo624.png?1[/IMG][/URL]
Thanks for looking at this, and maybe giving it a shot!
Mah signature.gif

Attachments

• LuckyBlockMod.tapi
    47.2 KB · Views: 1,392
Last edited:
It's the Lucky Block Mod from Minceraft!
I didn't even know this was possible!
I wonder if this will get the popularity the original got… :dryadwink:

There's no such thing as "that ONE GUY who encourages originality". Don't feel bad about it at all.
I just felt a bit awkward pointing it out I like to make mods sometimes and it is kind of annoying to not be credited for something you make. :)

This is not the lucky block mod, If u can't place 'em and I am pretty sure blocks won't spawn while u open it but rather u get items

I would call this CS GO Case opening simulator xdddd

This is not the lucky block mod, If u can't place 'em and I am pretty sure blocks won't spawn while u open it but rather u get items

The only real differences between this mod and the minecraft one are the Terraria content and the fact that, rather than breaking the block, you get an item from the block that you use.
:rolleyes:

Hey, I've been trying to figure out how to make it activate when broken, but in the meantime, this is what I've got
[DOUBLEPOST=1430514447,1430514391][/DOUBLEPOST]
What? If you mean that the block don't spawn naturally, they do (in a new world, as it's part of worldgen)
PostKill?

Hate to break it to you, but this is the closest it gets in Terraria, as PostTile kill has something funky going on

Hate to break it to you, but this is the closest it gets in Terraria, as PostTile kill has something funky going on

It's still a gr8 mod and idea and hopefully, since tApi is not having a "Final" version arleady we will get lucky blocks that we can place and break and blah blah blah awesome etc. :p

I've never tried the Lucky Block mod from Minecraft but, popularity wise, it seems like a great mod! I'll try it right away!

It's still a gr8 mod and idea and hopefully, since tApi is not having a "Final" version arleady we will get lucky blocks that we can place and break and blah blah blah awesome etc. :p
Precisely what I was trying to say.
[DOUBLEPOST=1430604035,1430603866][/DOUBLEPOST]
I've never tried the Lucky Block mod from Minecraft but, popularity wise, it seems like a great mod! I'll try it right away!
To be honest, like in minecraft the lucky block mod isn't a super big mod, it only adds in one item, the lucky block, which doesn't really affect gameplay, it's just kind of a "oh that's cool" or "oh cool a way to get end mode gear" or even "oh crap I spawned a dungeon guardian!"

Woah woah woah, this mod can spawn in a dungeon guardian? Great way to do the challenge and get the skeleton key after defeating skeleton... great mod!

I love this mod, but I think it to op.

also I see you can have thing from other mod like the paladin emblem from bluemagic mod (in a big stack) or summoning boss like the duke fishron or my Eye of apocalypse,

It good, but it to op (I got red stuff from one)

I love this mod, but I think it to op.

also I see you can have thing from other mod like the paladin emblem from bluemagic mod (in a big stack) or summoning boss like the duke fishron or my Eye of apocalypse,

It good, but it to op (I got red stuff from one)
That's the way it's built, although going along with what you said, I'm probably gonna modify it so it does specific things in hardmode, and others in easymode, also, I'm not sure why, but the way I built it seems to support any item from any mod (this was unintentional), however, mobs will stay the same, only items will change (probably), but going back to what I said, I built it so it is completely random, not even I know what's gonna happen when I open one, there are no presets, anything, and because of that, it also seems to incorporate any mod that you have running EDIT: Updated mod so that dev items are no longer a drop
[DOUBLEPOST=1430615618,1430615217][/DOUBLEPOST]
I loved that mod.
anyways make it so one of the effects is deleting System32.
That would be hilarious, but I'm pretty sure it's impossible and illegal.

The conversation would go like this:
You: "Hello Microsoft?"
Microsoft: "Yes?"
You: "My System 32 got deleted"
Microsoft: "How did you accomplish that?!?!"
You: "I was using this mod called the lucky blocks mod, and one of the effects when I opened one deleted it"
*Microsoft proceeds to sue my pants off*

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom