tAPI Lucky Blocks Mod

Should I add an effect that causes a meteor to spawn?

• Yes

Votes: 19 67.9%
  • No

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Cheese

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
,b
That's the way it's built, although going along with what you said, I'm probably gonna modify it so it does specific things in hardmode, and others in easymode, also, I'm not sure why, but the way I built it seems to support any item from any mod (this was unintentional), however, mobs will stay the same, only items will change (probably), but going back to what I said, I built it so it is completely random, not even I know what's gonna happen when I open one, there are no presets, anything, and because of that, it also seems to incorporate any mod that you have running
[DOUBLEPOST=1430615618,1430615217][/DOUBLEPOST]
That would be hilarious, but I'm pretty sure it's impossible and illegal.

The conversation would go like this:
You: "Hello Microsoft?"
Microsoft: "Yes?"
You: "My System 32 got deleted"
Microsoft: "How did you accomplish that?!?!"
You: "I was using this mod called the lucky blocks mod, and one of the effects when I opened one deleted it"
*Microsoft proceeds to sue my pants off*
You should do it just so I can get money when Microsoft sues you- I mean that would be outrageous!

I love this mod, but I think it to op.

also I see you can have thing from other mod like the paladin emblem from bluemagic mod (in a big stack) or summoning boss like the duke fishron or my Eye of apocalypse,

It good, but it to op (I got red stuff from one)

Wow that is actually a thing? Now I want to check out the mod even moree! ;D still waiting a week, because waiting for better makes things better. I think. LEL

So I tired this last night.

Out of about 40 blocks.

I got a few hardmode Moon Event monsters.
8 Copys of a painting.
A bunch of Dev Vanity items.
Some blocks did nothing at all.
1 bunny.
And the Mechanic Fell from the sky.

All this before killing the EoC.

Out of about 40 blocks.

8 Copys of a painting.
1 bunny.

He fixed it (I think 2 days ago? Maybe yesterday) so that you can't get dev items.
[DOUBLEPOST=1430691309,1430691121][/DOUBLEPOST]
EDIT: Updated mod so that dev items are no longer a drop
Yeah, today at 2:57. I actually tried it yesterday and never got a dev or mod related item... aw man. :p

Out of about 40 blocks.

8 Copys of a painting.
1 bunny.

I made an error when I said it was, fixed, and released it, 0.1.3 fixes it completely, the dev items that is, I also removed the chance to give you a buff, as it hasn't worked at all so far, and seems to be the problem with the blocks not working

Last edited:
Here's a Idea.

Lucky Meteor.

It have the text of "A Lucky meteor has landed" Rather then replace blocks with meteor ore, it replaces it with lucky blocks.

This would be like a 1/5 chance every time a meteor lands.

So Dev items still spawn from this, but are rare.

Out of 100 blocks (yay for finding a ton of them around hell) 1 dev item will spawn.

I figure this is a bug, but.

Sometimes a piece of a boss with spawn(I.E skeletron hand) Which with out the rest Insta die, and drop nothing.

Nothing happening is still common.
Getting stack of items that are unstable. (Such as dev items vainty items, and armor.)
Only 2 bosses spawned, one of the brain which was normal.
But when skeletron fully spawned(head and hands) He OHKO me, now I had a full set of meteor, and had over 400 HP.

I have a few suggestions.

such as a option to

Not being able to spawn any hardmode monster/item In Pre-hard.

Have Different color blocks, which can be even rarer spawns, and or combine a Lucky block with a gem, to get it to spawn a certain kind of things.

I.E., Armor, Weapon, Monster, Boss, Acc, Blocks, Metal, Material,Buffs(when ever you get the buffs to work),ect.

Anyway Good luck, I be sure to tell you if anything interesting happens, or any bugs happen when i open another 100 in a row.

So Dev items still spawn from this, but are rare.

Out of 100 blocks (yay for finding a ton of them around hell) 1 dev item will spawn.

I figure this is a bug, but.

Sometimes a piece of a boss with spawn(I.E skeletron hand) Which with out the rest Insta die, and drop nothing.

Nothing happening is still common.
Getting stack of items that are unstable. (Such as dev items vainty items, and armor.)
Only 2 bosses spawned, one of the brain which was normal.
But when skeletron fully spawned(head and hands) He OHKO me, now I had a full set of meteor, and had over 400 HP.

I have a few suggestions.

such as a option to

Not being able to spawn any hardmode monster/item In Pre-hard.

Have Different color blocks, which can be even rarer spawns, and or combine a Lucky block with a gem, to get it to spawn a certain kind of things.

I.E., Armor, Weapon, Monster, Boss, Acc, Blocks, Metal, Material,Buffs(when ever you get the buffs to work),ect.

Anyway Good luck, I be sure to tell you if anything interesting happens, or any bugs happen when i open another 100 in a row.
The way this is designed, is all the item/mob/everything ID's are just randomly generated integers, also, what dev items are you getting?

The way this is designed, is all the item/mob/everything ID's are just randomly generated integers, also, what dev items are you getting?

I got Will D armor or what ever that guy is name.

So, like if you put in, say 10 rubies you can get a monster only lucky block?
Or, 10 emeralds, you can get items only?
Yes like that.

And with a rare chance they spawn on world gen.

That just fill anyone with joy to be digging around and find a Lucky Armor Block, or a Lucky Boss Block.

I got Will D armor or what ever that guy is name.

Yes like that.

And with a rare chance they spawn on world gen.

That just fill anyone with joy to be digging around and find a Lucky Armor Block, or a Lucky Boss Block.
Fixed dev armor, I opened 100+ blocks, got none, also diagnosed and fixed the blocks doing nothing, now working on mod options, for like, toggle-ing harmode mobs and items

Fixed dev armor, I opened 100+ blocks, got none, also diagnosed and fixed the blocks doing nothing, now working on mod options, for like, toggle-ing harmode mobs and items

kk thanks.

Anyway I checked it was D-towns Brest Plate which is a dev Vanity item which I got.

I am about to go look for more blocks, I found that the closer to hell I look, the bigger chance I have of finding a ton of them around the lava right above hell.

kk thanks.

Anyway I checked it was D-towns Brest Plate which is a dev Vanity item which I got.

I am about to go look for more blocks, I found that the closer to hell I look, the bigger chance I have of finding a ton of them around the lava right above hell.
I'm gonna release 0.1.4 shortly, as soon as I remove the ModOptions file that I was playing with

I'm gonna release 0.1.4 shortly, as soon as I remove the ModOptions file that I was playing with
Little Update i have 150 LB and i opened 100.

You missed D-town vanity dev set.

I got stacks of his helmet and breast plate in a row.

Also I haven't seen any modded stuff drop. I am running 13 other mods, and everything dropping is apparently vanilla.

The blocks really do like to give me paintings.

Crowno Devours His Lunch
and
Glorious Night

Are very common drops, my castle is full of Glorious Night, and I just sell Crowno.

This reminds me right before I stopped the spinning ball trap from the dungeon was spawned out of a lucky block.

Last edited:
So testing this out with 200 blocks.

Nothing from mods ever spawns, still.

Items seem to appear more often now that the dud are gone.

Monsters spawning on top of you is never fun.

Once in a while Part of a boss will spawn and die on the spot. I think part of the golem spawned and just up and died, leaving nothing behind.

Eater of Worlds spawned once, and :red:ed off on a nope train to :red: this ville.(That what I image in my head, when it spawns and leaves a second later with out trying to kill me)

High end items that are stacked that shouldn't be stacked(looking at you hydra staff), any stacked item will sell for as much as the Base item Times the number.

For example I had a hydra staff 7, sold for 1 plat, + 40 gold.

Brain, and destroyer(in pre hard mode) work just fine.

Ice Queen, like the EoW just :red:s off when summoned by a LB.

Lastly Thanks to a different mod, I will never run out of lucky blocks, all thanks to a NPC that sells Gold Bars.

A few more suggestions.

Have a few preset events that have a chance of happening.

Such as spawning a house with a chest full of random items, or spawning a ton of random monsters around the player.

Having a LuckyBlock change the time of day?

Have the LuckyBlock trigger the next night to be a moon event.

have the LB start a Invasion event.

Little Update i have 150 LB and i opened 100.

You missed D-town vanity dev set.

I got stacks of his helmet and breast plate in a row.

Also I haven't seen any modded stuff drop. I am running 13 other mods, and everything dropping is apparently vanilla.

The blocks really do like to give me paintings.

Crowno Devours His Lunch
and
Glorious Night

Are very common drops, my castle is full of Glorious Night, and I just sell Crowno.

This reminds me right before I stopped the spinning ball trap from the dungeon was spawned out of a lucky block.
Right, so turns out that when I released the update, something was wrong with tAPI Builder, I have fixed it now, and will release 0.1.4.1 yes, it does seem to like those 2 paintings, probably because they're common data ids, also, modded items can no longer drop, as I had to remove the capability to spawn modded items to get dev items to no longer drop, I have tested 1000+ of these blocks and so far, no modded or dev items, so that's good, mostly. The "unstable" stacks of items still spawn, but they can be used regularly like any other item, it just tends to look a bit uncommon, when you have 20 copper greaves equipped.

Last edited:
Right, so turns out that when I released the update, something was wrong with tAPI Builder, I have fixed it now, and will release 0.1.4.1 yes, it does seem to like those 2 paintings, probably because they're common data ids, also, modded items can no longer drop, as I had to remove the capability to spawn modded items to get dev items to no longer drop, I have tested 1000+ of these blocks and so far, no modded or dev items, so that's good, mostly. The "unstable" stacks of items still spawn, but they can be used regularly like any other item, it just tends to look a bit uncommon, when you have 20 copper greaves equipped.

Will the power to spawn modded in content ever be put back in?

Back
Top Bottom