tAPI Lucky Blocks Mod

Should I add an effect that causes a meteor to spawn?

• Yes

Votes: 19 67.9%
  • No

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Cheese

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Then just one last thing so i understand this right.
How does the LuckyBlockMod use anything related to the wavebank when other mods that add ores/blocks/recepies etc work 100%ly fine with the wavebank?
Thats what i just do not understand, since they all add the "same" and more.
It could be multiple things. Without the error log we will never know. Did it provide an error?

I know a way to make it trigger when it breaks.
You need to put the PostKill method in a GLOBAL ModTileType class (you need to detect that the block is the lucky block before the rest of the code), not the tile's ModTile class.
ModTile = single tile instance, mainly used for lighting, and interfaces. 1x1 blocks DON'T use ModTile, so that's your problem.
ModTileType = accounts ALL the tiles in the world, rest of the effects. Used by every tile.
There seems to be some issue with it, I'm gonna reinstall TAPI and I'll keep working on it, I'll keep you guys posted

UPDATE: Attempting to add a chance to generate ores at random.
If all goes well with ores, I'll try my hand at structures.

Okay... so i only have one issue when playing (trying to play) with your mod.
It crashes my game when loading a world or creating one,
BUT i know why, so lemme explain what i found.
I am playing with Omnirs-NOS-Pack, Tremors-Mod and this LuckyBlockMod.
Yesterday I wanted to add the "SwordArtOnline-Wavebank" but after that the crashes started.
So I started messing around what it could be, what mod doesnt want to have a custom wavebank and after ~10 mins of restarting and reloading mods i found out that its your mod... and I think this is REALY weird since your mod adds nearly "nothing" compared to Omnirs and Tremors, only a few "items" and some recepies...
Could you look into it why your mod makes the game crash with a custom wavebank?
I have finally got around to installing the wavebank and testing, and I can assure you that it's not LBM, as that's one of the only mods I use, and it loads the wavebank just fine.

Now, if you'll excuse me I'm gonna go get rid of this *shudder shudder* anime soudtrack

I have finally got around to installing the wavebank and testing, and I can assure you that it's not LBM, as that's one of the only mods I use, and it loads the wavebank just fine.

Now, if you'll excuse me I'm gonna go get rid of this *shudder shudder* anime soudtrack
Hmm realy weird tho, oh well.

Should I add an effect that causes a meteor to spawn?
I Chose Cheese Because I Want Cheese To Spawn When Using It :p

Ok then! Thanks for the info! I'll try to look for some of that "luckium ore"!
only with a new world does it work, as it's part of worldgen

UPDATE: I'm pushing out multiple versions of this mod, so that you can have different skins for your lucky blocks, as I noticed that that was something that the community of minecraft liked a lot

One thing that I have noticed is that this mod seems to have a penchant for spawning npcs and items randomly in the ocean. I have had all town npcs show up in the left ocean plus several chests worth of items all clumped up about a screen width from the edge of the map, not to mention the bosses.... It really ruins your day to have an enraged plantera show up when you are caving the first night `:mad:

I did a bit of further testing and I noticed that the npc/item dump in the ocean was only happening when I was using the elemental version, it hasn't happened again with the base version.

Although I have noticed something peculiar with this mod, the randomness seems to be weighted more towards certain items and effects, namely end game gear and towards hard mode enemies and bosses. Just curious but what method are you using for the randomness method?

Back
Top Bottom