tAPI Lucky Blocks Mod

Should I add an effect that causes a meteor to spawn?

• Yes

Votes: 19 67.9%
  • No

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Cheese

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I did a bit of further testing and I noticed that the npc/item dump in the ocean was only happening when I was using the elemental version, it hasn't happened again with the base version.

Although I have noticed something peculiar with this mod, the randomness seems to be weighted more towards certain items and effects, namely end game gear and towards hard mode enemies and bosses. Just curious but what method are you using for the randomness method?
main.rand.next(item ids) this does occur, but I assure you that it is purely random, and there is nothing I can do to affect it.

main.rand.next(item ids) this does occur, but I assure you that it is purely random, and there is nothing I can do to affect it.

Just seems weird, I ran a few tests and over 4000 red blocks I ended up with a 6.2% rate of getting sweetheart necklaces and around 4% each of getting a scourge of the corrupter and the same for vampire knives. I wonder if there is something else buried in the code that affects the chances of getting certain items.

Just seems weird, I ran a few tests and over 4000 red blocks I ended up with a 6.2% rate of getting sweetheart necklaces and around 4% each of getting a scourge of the corrupter and the same for vampire knives. I wonder if there is something else buried in the code that affects the chances of getting certain items.
If it is, it's not in my code, it may be in the Terraria code though, what skinpack are you using? The basic?

Also, I've noticed this from day one, so I'll check over my code again.

If it is, it's not in my code, it may be in the Terraria code though, what skinpack are you using? The basic?

I have tried all four, pretty much the same results with the randomness. The elemental skin seems to be the worst for randomly dumping items in the ocean in my experience however.

Going to try this out tonight in conjunction with some other mods for funs. c: thanks for making this mod possible~ It's like an early christmas and will keep me occupied until 1.3 is released and probably after that hohoho.

If tAPI is discontinued, I will update this mod to whatever the new modding API is, if tAPI isn't discontinued, I will continue to update this mod for the newest versions

Dunno if anyone has suggested this, or if it's even possible, but you should add in the probability to spawn in custom built structures! (When it updates, of course)

Yes, at some point this will be updated for tModLoader, and I will add in custom structures, once I manage to find the willpower to do it

Back
Top Bottom