Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Steam or GOG: Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer: Multiplayer
Operating System: Windows 10
Terraria Version: 1.4.1.2
Controls Used: Keyboard/Mouse

When there's two or more players in the server, the Lucky Coin item from pirate invasions just stops working (enemy damage rewards with no coins), but when there's only one person in the server it starts working again, making the item useless in multiplayer gaming with friends.

Welcome to the forums Goldern!
I gave this a try, but the Lucky Coin was working as expected. I tried single player, multiplayer alone and multiplayer with a second player. With two players, I tried one having the Lucky Coin and both having the Lucky Coin.

Some things of note that might be affecting you: The Lucky Coin needs to be equipped in an accessory slot (not the vanity slot nor in the inventory). If you're playing Expert or Master, the enemies may be picking up the bonus coins.

If these scenarios are not applicable and you're still not seeing extra coins, please advise what type of multiplayer (host and play, server) and which player(s) have the Lucky Coin equipped.

The game is in Master Mode/Host & Play and it works flawlessly when there's only one player online in the server, when there's two players it stops dropping extra coins, which in turn would mean that it's not possible that the monsters only pick up the coins when there's two or more players, and this isn't happening only with me.

Some of the reports predate when the issue was originally thought to be fixed. Of the others, they mentioned playing in master and some were using non-melee weapons. I gave that a try too and encountered one instance where it wasn't working as it should. There might be a specific way to encounter this issue, or it might be a network issue. I'll report it for further investigation. Thanks for the additional info!

Anyone have any further info regarding this issue? It's still a problem today on my 1.4.2.3 master mode world (running the server on my Windows 10 PC using the server exe linked here). I'd be happy to help troubleshoot it if some dev cares enough to look, just let me know.

Edit: I've taken the liberty of uploading my current player file, and the world file. If anyone cares enough to look at the setup, the lucky coin farm is a quick drop down the hole to hell on the right side (huge dug out area, can't miss it).

Edit 2: Just to add another piece of info to the puzzle, it seems the issue is specific to the mobs being spawned when multiple people are in the server. If I start the farm with someone else on the server, the coin farm continues to not work until the mobs are replenished with ones newly spawned after the 2nd player leaves the game. So it seems, for some reason, when multiple people are on the same server, the game is treating the mob as if it was spawned from a statue or something. Hopefully this helps.

Attachments

• brian.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 86
  • Your_Mom.wld.zip
    13.7 MB · Views: 61
Last edited:
I have the same problem as well. As soon as my friend hosts our world via steam the lucky coin isn't working anymore. Since we build a huge jungle temple farm and now nothing works in multiplayer this is really annoying. Can we expect a fixes anytime soon?

The issue was reported, but the cause and a fix were not identified for 1.4.x releases. I cannot say either way if it will be fixed in a future version (or if there will be any further updates). The issue does seem to be intermittent, so unequipping and re-equipping the Lucky Coin may resolve it as a workaround.

Sorry I can't give better news. :(

im getting this as well, i am using a greedy ring with a slime staff, Arapaimas just dont do anything with other people online. (master mode FTW world, crimson world and medium size if that means anything, also re-equipping it doesn't do anything)

Back
Top Bottom