tModLoader Luiafk - Unlimited/Combinable Potions, Autobuilding stuff and more

Luiafk

Terrarian
This mod adds a bunch of items that I wanted, largely infinite versions of existing items as well as combinable versions to save inventory space. Sprites are just vanilla ones because I don't really care about sprites, just function :D.

If you want to message me about the mod you can do so on Discord, Luiafk#2275.

Link for when Mod Browser isn't available :).

Drill Mount too slow?
4stanNO.gif

Ammo/Consumable Weapons/Health/Mana/Buff Potions (including Modded items):
If you have one of the Unlimited Buff items in your inventory any potion (modded or otherwise) that is stacked to atleast 30 will not be consumed on use, and will auto-apply when in your inventory or piggy bank.
You'll need all of the items in one stack, so you'll need a mod like MaxStacksPlus or Stack Increase.
The amounts needed for the items to not be consumed are as follows:
Any ammo that isn't a solution: 3996
Solutions: 999
Thrown Weapons: 999
Consumable weapons that don't do throwing damage (Tremor Alchemist etc): 3996
Buff potions: 30
Healing potions: 120
Mana potions: 300

PDA and Cell Phone will also work from your piggy bank if you have an unlimited buff item in your inventory.

Thrown weapons was hard to decide on, because the cost to craft varies so much, but I think this is ok in general.

I've left (and will be leaving in) the vanilla unlimited ammo/thrown weapons etc. because some have lower costs, and because people will have already made them and I don't want them to have to farm again or use Cheat Sheet. These can also still be crafted.

Potions:
So in this mod the potions don't give any buff, they just sit in your inventory and increase your stats (you can tell that the potion is working by checking your damage/health/armor etc).
Almost every vanilla potion has an unlimited variant, as well as some extra unlimited potions for other buffs (heart lanterns, campfire, sharpening station etc).

These combine up as you get more potions, eventually almost every buff is in one potion.

The main reason I made this is because when using Compressed Potions you'd hit the buff cap with the fully upgraded one from a bunch of buffs that are no use to you (mining potion while in a boss fight, or magic power while playing a melee character etc).

A few of the potions have a toggle, you can access the toggles by using the Settings hotkey.

Potions with toggles are:

Ultimate Battler Potion massively increases the spawn rate and max spawns.
Ultimate Peaceful Potion greatly reduces the spawn rate and max spawns.

Invis Potion, Grav Potion, Featherfall Potion, Crate Potion, Spelunker Potion, and Dangersense/Hunter.

Inferno Potion has a toggle for the visual effect, the burning nearby enemies is always on.

There's 3 potions which are slightly different to the rest:

Teleportation Potion:
Use the item (or the upgraded item) to teleport to a random location.

Wormhole Potion:
Works like the normal wormhole, except the players head doesn't get bigger when you mouse over them on the map.

Recall Potion:
This potions has a hotkey that you can set in controls, just set the hotkey and whenever you press it you will teleport home.

Upgraded Grand Design:
Crafted from the Grand Design, Actuators, and Wire. Consumes no actuators or wire, otherwise works the same as the Grand Design.

Improved Actuation Rod:
Works like the Grand Design, click and drag to select the area that you want to reverse the actuation state of blocks.
Right-click will also activate any wire that is clicked on, to save you having a switch placed, or just let you activate something from further range.

Auto-building:
There's auto-builders for Hellevator, Subway, NPC Prisons, Skybridge, Fishing Pool, Fishing Biome, and a ground flattener. These are unlimited, you can select the material you want to have them built out of (options are Stone Slab, Gray Brick, and the woods) using the Settings hotkey. The are all (except the ground flattener) lit up all the way down/along. The Hellevator and Subway have a wall enclosing them, and have the background wall filled in to stop any spawns.

Subway and Skybridge combine, so that you can place Obsidian/Asphalt platforms (and destroy tiles to make a WoF platform) or place a minecart track without the background wall/floor/ceiling.

Also added Unlimited Asphalt Platforms, these can be used like normal platforms, or you can use them with the fully upgraded Platform and Minecart Builder.
42DgzFF.png

Paint Tool:
uS3m2Li.gif

Made from just the normal paintbrush, scraper, and roller. Doesn't require paint, placeholder mode icons for now :p.
Smart-cursor can be used with it, upto 60 tiles per second.
Right-click to bring up the options like Grand Design.

Unlimited/Baitless Fishing Rods that get extra lines as you complete quests:
qhTaRdd.png

KmM19hB.png

Starts off with less power than you'd probably have by using the normal version + bait, but allows unlimited fishing obviously (and saving bait for the later versions). Later rods are more powerful than the vanilla version, and have High Test Fishing Line built in.
Every 5 quests you complete you'll gain an extra line for the unlimited rods.

Travelling and Skeleton Merchant Town NPCs:
hpliDYW.png

Travelling merchant can spawn once you have 3 town npcs and are carrying 50 gold. Skeleton merchant can arrive after you've killed a total of 50 skeletons (any that count for the Skeleton banner).

Shops work the way they normally do, changing daily for the travelling dude, changing each day/night/half-second for the skeleton or whatever it is.

Mobile Piggy Bank/Safe/Defender's Forge/Mobile Merchant:
They start off individual, the Piggy Bank, Safe, and Mobile Merchant can be combined. This then combines with the Mobile Defender's Forge so you get all 4 in one.
(Images need updated, Safe now spawns below you, the Fairy Merchant spawns above you since the merchant was added.)
Fairy Merchant sold by the Merchant once Queen Bee has been defeated.
Fairy Merchant can handle all your fishing quest needs.
Mw2pNeK.png

CtaPu5q.png

Money Collector:
PsrlLI0.png

Does what it says, just keep it in your inventory. Sold by the Travelling Merchant.

Buckets/Sponge:
Unlimited water/lava/honey buckets, as well as a multipurpose sponge that works on all liquids. These can be combined into one item and you can choose the mode using the settings hotkey.
This upgrades to the Fishing Pool Builder.

Unlimited Event Enablers:
Unlimited Goblin Army, Frost Legion, Martian, Pirate, Frost/Pumpkin Moon, Blood Moon, Solar Eclipse items. For the Goblin Army, Frost Legion, and the Pirate events they will instantly start the event (or any naturally occuring one) instead of having to wait the minute or so it normally takes. Most events aren't farmed much in modded so these are pretty easy to make.

Also has Halloween/Christmas Enablers (lasts until morning when it needs reapplied), and Rain/Sandstorm toggles.

Unlimited/Random Items:
Unlimited versions of pretty much all vanilla ammo and throwing weapons, these are craftable as soon as you can get the ammo (ie they're craftable at a workbench instead of a Crystal Ball or something).

Unlimited Bombs/Dynamite/Torches/Glowsticks, torches/glowsticks work while holding shift.

Unlimited Rope/Rope Coils/Streamers (Rope from the Party Girl)/Chain.

Plantera Bulb Locator, finds a Plantera Bulb.
tZDUzEA.png

Jungle Temple locator. For the times when you've spent ages trying to find it, you can use this. Just prints the coordinates in chat, has a large range, but not an entire large world.

Time changer. Changes the time to the following night/day, so it can trigger events, change moon phase etc.

Loot Magnet. Drops from Wall of Flesh, pretty much the entire map in range :D.

Craftable Demon/Crimson Altar. Can be placed an unlimited amount of times, won't spawn ore when destroyed though ;).

Single-Target Dummy:
Q2omRlI.gif

Can be homed in on so you can properly test the dps of your weapons, hitbox is about the size of Eye of Cthulhu all the time (cause the little bosses would be annoying), despawns when a boss is summoned so you can't cheese bosses with weapons like Earth (cause weapons like earth will summon projectiles when they hit this, unlike the normal dummies). Command below to show the hitbox if you want it.

Accessories:
3 Building accessories. The first you can get at the start of the game, it just lets you mine faster. The second you can get after skeletron, it lets you use tools faster and place blocks and walls faster and at a longer range. The third is post moon lord and massively increases tool, block, and wall speed as well as increasing range by a large amount.

Unlimited Mana accessory because I hate mana potions :D. starts off just giving unlimited mana and reducing damage by 30%, can be upgraded as you kill bosses (obviously this isn't the most balanced item, but I don't care, I don't like mana potions :D).

Some Commands:
ti7JzwU.png

Notes:
I think that's all the stuff included.

There's also some recipes that basically make corruption and crimson interchangable so it doesn't matter which world type you start with, you can still get the drops from the other type, or make the biome out of your existing one. Recipes for the biome chest items in dungeon too since mods like to add upgraded versions (and you'll be missing whichever evil chest your world didn't spawn with), items are craftable from the key, a temple key and some ectoplasm.

I made the Hotline Fishing Rod a reward from the 35th fishing quest so that you can get the inferno potion (and upgrade if you want) in normal mode. You can no longer catch the spear from lava in normal mode because of this :).

Last edited:
You craft them, have a look in recipe browser :).

DigFaster (apparently i forgot a space when updating names/tooltips to 0.10) is the accessory name, Auto Hellevator, Subway Builder, and Prison Builder are the builder items.

You craft them, have a look in recipe browser :).

DigFaster (apparently i forgot a space when updating names/tooltips to 0.10) is the accessory name, Auto Hellevator, Subway Builder, and Prison Builder are the builder items.
So I need another mod then?

Unfortunately, I cant seem to craft some things. In the screenshot i'm trying to craft the Prison Builder but it does not show as craftable.
6jOYRYT.png

So I need another mod then?

You don't NEED another mod, you could also just play how you play vanilla and give random items to the guide and see what they make.

Mtnewton, I have no idea why you can't craft some stuff, I just checked the prison builder and it shows as craftable for me :s. What mods are you running, I'll try some of them and see if they're causing an issue.

Edit: This seems to be an issue with Experience and Classes, no idea why though :(.

Experience and Classes seems to make any recipes that use RecipeGroups uncraftable.

Last edited:
You don't NEED another mod, you could also just play how you play vanilla and give random items to the guide and see what they make.

Mtnewton, I have no idea why you can't craft some stuff, I just checked the prison builder and it shows as craftable for me:s. What mods are you running, I'll try some of them and see if they're causing an issue.

Edit: This seems to be an issue with Experience and Classes, no idea why though.:(

Experience and Classes seem to make any recipes that use RecipeGroups un-craftable.
I use Experience and Classes... Don't know whether that affects any recipes as I enjoy having the cheat sheet mod and just exploring and fighting and building with end game items as I spent years on PE, then Xbox360... I'll let you know later if this affects me too

So I'm assuming you shouldn't use the Hellevator builder while on top a house on top a floating island while having a mess of mods, but I wanted to test something. Here's the crash log, i'll post what mods I was using if you want later on.
6/11/2017 7:48:53 PM
System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at ReLogic.Graphics.DynamicSpriteFont.InternalDraw(String text, SpriteBatch spriteBatch, Vector2 startPosition, Color color, Single rotation, Vector2 origin, Vector2& scale, SpriteEffects spriteEffects, Single depth)
at ReLogic.Graphics.DynamicSpriteFontExtensionMethods.DrawString(SpriteBatch spriteBatch, DynamicSpriteFont spriteFont, String text, Vector2 position, Color color, Single rotation, Vector2 origin, Vector2 scale, SpriteEffects effects, Single layerDepth)
at Terraria.UI.Chat.ChatManager.DrawColorCodedString(SpriteBatch spriteBatch, DynamicSpriteFont font, TextSnippet[] snippets, Vector2 position, Color baseColor, Single rotation, Vector2 origin, Vector2 baseScale, Int32& hoveredSnippet, Single maxWidth, Boolean ignoreColors)
at Terraria.UI.Chat.ChatManager.DrawColorCodedStringShadow(SpriteBatch spriteBatch, DynamicSpriteFont font, TextSnippet[] snippets, Vector2 position, Color baseColor, Single rotation, Vector2 origin, Vector2 baseScale, Single maxWidth, Single spread)
at Terraria.UI.Chat.ChatManager.DrawColorCodedStringWithShadow(SpriteBatch spriteBatch, DynamicSpriteFont font, String text, Vector2 position, Color baseColor, Single rotation, Vector2 origin, Vector2 baseScale, Single maxWidth, Single spread)
at Terraria.Utils.DrawBorderString(SpriteBatch sb, String text, Vector2 pos, Color color, Single scale, Single anchorx, Single anchory, Int32 maxCharactersDisplayed)
at Terraria.ModLoader.UI.UIMessageBox.DrawSelf(SpriteBatch spriteBatch)
at Terraria.UI.UIElement.Draw(SpriteBatch spriteBatch)
at Terraria.UI.UIElement.DrawChildren(SpriteBatch spriteBatch)
at Terraria.UI.UserInterface.Draw(SpriteBatch spriteBatch, GameTime time)
at Terraria.Main.DrawMenu(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.do_Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)

I use Experience and Classes... Don't know whether that affects any recipes as I enjoy having the cheat sheet mod and just exploring and fighting and building with end game items as I spent years on PE, then Xbox360... I'll let you know later if this affects me too

The creator of Experience and Classes said he fixed the problem, so as long as you're updated you should be fine.

And you have cheat sheet, so already have recipe browser :D.

So I'm assuming you shouldn't use the Hellevator builder while on top a house on top a floating island while having a mess of mods, but I wanted to test something. Here's the crash log, i'll post what mods I was using if you want later on.
6/11/2017 7:48:53 PM
System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at ReLogic.Graphics.DynamicSpriteFont.InternalDraw(String text, SpriteBatch spriteBatch, Vector2 startPosition, Color color, Single rotation, Vector2 origin, Vector2& scale, SpriteEffects spriteEffects, Single depth)
at ReLogic.Graphics.DynamicSpriteFontExtensionMethods.DrawString(SpriteBatch spriteBatch, DynamicSpriteFont spriteFont, String text, Vector2 position, Color color, Single rotation, Vector2 origin, Vector2 scale, SpriteEffects effects, Single layerDepth)
at Terraria.UI.Chat.ChatManager.DrawColorCodedString(SpriteBatch spriteBatch, DynamicSpriteFont font, TextSnippet[] snippets, Vector2 position, Color baseColor, Single rotation, Vector2 origin, Vector2 baseScale, Int32& hoveredSnippet, Single maxWidth, Boolean ignoreColors)
at Terraria.UI.Chat.ChatManager.DrawColorCodedStringShadow(SpriteBatch spriteBatch, DynamicSpriteFont font, TextSnippet[] snippets, Vector2 position, Color baseColor, Single rotation, Vector2 origin, Vector2 baseScale, Single maxWidth, Single spread)
at Terraria.UI.Chat.ChatManager.DrawColorCodedStringWithShadow(SpriteBatch spriteBatch, DynamicSpriteFont font, String text, Vector2 position, Color baseColor, Single rotation, Vector2 origin, Vector2 baseScale, Single maxWidth, Single spread)
at Terraria.Utils.DrawBorderString(SpriteBatch sb, String text, Vector2 pos, Color color, Single scale, Single anchorx, Single anchory, Int32 maxCharactersDisplayed)
at Terraria.ModLoader.UI.UIMessageBox.DrawSelf(SpriteBatch spriteBatch)
at Terraria.UI.UserInterface.Draw(SpriteBatch spriteBatch, GameTime time)
at Terraria.Main.DrawMenu(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.do_Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)

That's an out of memory error, did you try this after reloading mods? Reloading mods if you're using windows makes the game keep using more ram (for example, using Calamity, Spirit, Thorium, Sacred Tools, and a bunch of small mods I'd use 1.9GB after loading in, then if I reloaded mods one time I'd go to 2.9GB ram usage, the next reload would crash the game). I guess you were close to the RAM limit before you used it.

I've used it with Spirit, Thorium, Calamity, Sacred Tools and a bunch of small ones and don't get any crashes using it on large worlds, even spamming it while testing.

Oh?
I didn't know that about ram usage, I'll have to keep that in mind because I reloaded mods probably 3 times before testing. What's the limit in Terraria?

I'm running Calamity and Tremors and probably 20 other assorted mods with no issues so far.

Unfortunately I still cant seem to craft some items from your mod. Even with Experience and Classes disabled.

Here is a list of mods i'm using if you wish to take a look.
Calamity Mod v1.1.7.923
Experience and Classes v1.2.4
Lottery v0.1.6
Skyblock Mod v1.4.6
Solutions Mod v1.4
AlchemistNPC v3.6
Crystilium v11.3.1
Recipe Browser v0.2.0.1
Vending Machines v1.2.0.1
Where's My Items v0.2.1
More Accesories+ v2.0
Loot Bags v0.10
Boss Checklist v0.1.3.1
Yet Another Boss Health Bar v1.1.3
Loot Crze v0.1.13
Tremor Mod Remastered v1.3.1.11
Fargo's Mutant Mod: Summons and Souls v0.10.2
JoostMod v0.6.1.7
Reforge Armor v0.1.2
FlyingMinionsIgnoreTerrain v1.0.1
Reduced Grinding v4.10
Magic Storage v0.4
Luiafk v1.0.0.45
imkSushi's Mod v4.0.2
Simple Auto Chests v0.3.9

EDIT: Went through and narrowed down the mod causing the issue. It seems to be the FlyingMinionsIgnoreTerrain mod

Last edited:
Oh?
I didn't know that about ram usage, I'll have to keep that in mind because I reloaded mods probably 3 times before testing. What's the limit in Terraria?

I'm running Calamity and Tremors and probably 20 other assorted mods with no issues so far.

Terraria is a 32bit program so the usual 4GB limit applies (although that includes VRAM etc, so in reality it's closer to 3.5GB). I'm guessing you were close already and then when you used it you killed some demon altars or something (guessing by the error message talking about drawing text) and then loading the text/generating the ore made you hit the limit.

It's best to just never use reload mods on Windows imo, just enable what you want and restart Terraria and you shouldn't run into any memory problems :).

Unfortunately I still cant seem to craft some items from your mod. Even with Experience and Classes disabled.

Here is a list of mods i'm using if you wish to take a look.
Calamity Mod v1.1.7.923
Experience and Classes v1.2.4
Lottery v0.1.6
Skyblock Mod v1.4.6
Solutions Mod v1.4
AlchemistNPC v3.6
Crystilium v11.3.1
Recipe Browser v0.2.0.1
Vending Machines v1.2.0.1
Where's My Items v0.2.1
More Accesories+ v2.0
Loot Bags v0.10
Boss Checklist v0.1.3.1
Yet Another Boss Health Bar v1.1.3
Loot Crze v0.1.13
Tremor Mod Remastered v1.3.1.11
Fargo's Mutant Mod: Summons and Souls v0.10.2
JoostMod v0.6.1.7
Reforge Armor v0.1.2
FlyingMinionsIgnoreTerrain v1.0.1
Reduced Grinding v4.10
Magic Storage v0.4
Luiafk v1.0.0.45
imkSushi's Mod v4.0.2
Simple Auto Chests v0.3.9

EDIT: Went through and narrowed down the mod causing the issue. It seems to be the FlyingMinionsIgnoreTerrain mod

:(. Didn't take him long to fix it for the other mods, so should be fixed pretty quickly atleast :).

Edit: I hate how this forum changes all smileys into Guide faces, : ( is different to : ) dammit.

Unlimited buff potion doesn't work? i'm trying to use the 30x iron skin and it doesn't work? does the new update fix? thanks
[doublepost=1497820497,1497820460][/doublepost]Also it'd be cool if you made a discord for this mod if more issues like this arise so I can talk 1 on 1 with you thanks

Have you looked at your armor value when the item is in your inventory and then when you take it out of your inventory? You don't get any buff icon (that's the main reason I made the mod after all), I should maybe make that clearer in the OP since it's kind of in the middle of all the text :).

I'll add my discord to the OP though incase anyone wants to private message me, I don't think I need my own channel, but just messaging me is fine :).

Added throwing items. Changed the Heart Lantern/Star in a Bottle/Campfire buffs to be more potion like and require less Heart Crystals/Fallen Stars (because getting 30 heart crystals for each player in multi seemed a bit harsh :D) :).

When playing multiplayer all of the unlimited buckets pour the liquid over the other players head. For example, my boyfriend & I were making a lava trap, while I was wiring up the traps he was going to fill the trap. After about 5 or 6 pours with the unlimited lava bucket I had a lava fall over my head causing damage. We tested the other 2 unlimited buckets & the same thing happened with those. The strangest part is that the liquid fall that is over the other players head can be controlled by their mouse. It didn't matter if we were on each other's screen or not. We tested the bottomless water bucket & didn't have the issue. Is there a way to fix this?

Back
Top Bottom