• Console & Mobile Terrarians - news for 1.4.4.9! iOS and Android 1.4.4.9 out now. PS and Xbox should be very soon. Switch and Amazon are in submission. Great way to end the year - everyone on the same version of Terraria! More details HERE.

tModLoader Luiafk - Unlimited/Combinable Potions, Autobuilding stuff and more

JunimoHutch

Terrarian
I will take lots of this into consideration, I cannot guarantee that everything will be made, for example about unlimited buffs from other mods potions, simply as i do not possess the knowledge on how to do that yet, but most stuff should be relatively easy to add.
Thanks for take it into consideration :)
Edit: I have two new ideas, add summons to new blood moon bosses and add all flasks to the unlimited buffs instead just the ichor flask

Last edited:

ShadowTiger

Duke Fishron
Has anyone had any issues with the All-In-One paint tool? I just went from one mod run (The Story of Red Cloud Revamped.) where it worked fine, into a Metroid beta run where I can't seem to get it to work. There's no situation where left-clicking and dragging actually creates that box of effect to paint things. My selections get reset each time I right-click again to remove the window so I can paint.

I have no idea what sort of information might be useful in diagnosing the issue though. D:

Either way, I have a few suggestions for its interface:
1) Make the colors into a rainbow. Possibly the same order that the Painter sells them. This is definitely a change since the original LuiAFK and it got a bit disorienting.
2) The buttons on the interface seem to be the opposite of what we're selecting when we hover the cursor over them. Then when we click on them, it does toggle it, but because it's still hovering over the button at that point, the colors still seem like it's the opposite of what we're selecting, so I'm not even sure what mode it's on. Either a white box around it for when it's on would work, or a "Green" or "Red" background to the button would work well.

miningcrack

Terrarian
Has anyone had any issues with the All-In-One paint tool? I just went from one mod run (The Story of Red Cloud Revamped.) where it worked fine, into a Metroid beta run where I can't seem to get it to work. There's no situation where left-clicking and dragging actually creates that box of effect to paint things. My selections get reset each time I right-click again to remove the window so I can paint.

I have no idea what sort of information might be useful in diagnosing the issue though. D:

Either way, I have a few suggestions for its interface:
1) Make the colors into a rainbow. Possibly the same order that the Painter sells them. This is definitely a change since the original LuiAFK and it got a bit disorienting.
2) The buttons on the interface seem to be the opposite of what we're selecting when we hover the cursor over them. Then when we click on them, it does toggle it, but because it's still hovering over the button at that point, the colors still seem like it's the opposite of what we're selecting, so I'm not even sure what mode it's on. Either a white box around it for when it's on would work, or a "Green" or "Red" background to the button would work well.

I understand that with the buttons on the interface, Its annoying for most people and I will change it - should have changed it now
I would like to not touch the paint ui as it is big and puzzling, even for me and i wrote that thing... (I mean, I think ill do it at some point but def not right now)

for painting: are you dragging your mouse over the ui with your cursor? if so the ui takes the place and becomes your selected thing, try avoiding the ui with the cursor whenselecting tiles to paint

Last edited:

ShadowTiger

Duke Fishron
I understand that with the buttons on the interface. It's annoying for most people and I will change it - I should have changed it now.
I would like to not touch the paint UI, as it is big and puzzling even for me, and I wrote that thing... (I mean, I think I'll do it at some point but def not right now)
Good luck! I can't imagine the mental tedium that must be endured to master it. Thank you for it! <3 It's definitely, absolutely a very useful tool for painting. It makes big projects a breeze.

For painting: are you dragging your mouse over the UI with your cursor? If so, the UI takes the place and becomes your selected thing, try avoiding the UI with the cursor when selecting tiles to paint
I tried many things, including your suggestion there. All of them resulted in the same inability to paint. I'll probably try it on a new world and new character eventually just to test it.

Last edited:

Boonty

Terrarian
Hello, i have dl the mod, but when i start a game nothing happent (i didn't see the button for the menu). I dl the mod by tmodloader in game. If someone can help me
TY

miningcrack

Terrarian
Hello, i have dl the mod, but when i start a game nothing happent (i didn't see the button for the menu). I dl the mod by tmodloader in game. If someone can help me
TY
depending on what menu you are trying to use:
Buff-Menu: You need to set a hotkey in your controls-option for the buff-menu to show up. the listed buffs only work if you have them or their successors (combined buffs with them as an ingredient) in your inventory
All other menus: you need to right-click with the tool to open the menu. It will tell you what tools are right-clickable if you hover above them in your inventory, then hold it in your hand via selecting it from the hotbar and right-click

Boonty

Terrarian
depending on what menu you are trying to use:
Buff-Menu: You need to set a hotkey in your controls-option for the buff-menu to show up. the listed buffs only work if you have them or their successors (combined buffs with them as an ingredient) in your inventory
All other menus: you need to right-click with the tool to open the menu. It will tell you what tools are right-clickable if you hover above them in your inventory, then hold it in your hand via selecting it from the hotbar and right-click
Thanks i gonna try tomorow, but when i start the game, nothing change, it’s Like i have terraria Vania, but when i Go to the menu and mods your mod is here so i don’t no.
Thanks for the help i gonna try tomorow

miningcrack

Terrarian
Big Update: I finally have the full functionality of the Original Luiafk, even adding upon it with the new Gem Corn Tree Harvester.
I will now focus on upcoming Bug reports and, of course, your Ideas and Suggestions. If you have anything to say about the mod feel free to say it in here, in the steam workshop or even on github.

ShadowTiger

Duke Fishron
A tremendous gift basket of chocolates in your general direction, friend! 👍 You've done the world an amazing service, and if my hat came off, it'd be off in your honor. 🖖

The paint tool works since this update, BTW. Same world and same character from where I reported it didn't. Very fast update! You're amazing. <3 I'm wondering if there's a transparency setting for its UI, as it's a bit hard to see, but I'll take what I can get.

I feel bad for @pbone ; why even bother trying to make a better version of LuiAFK when people would rather the broken mod be ported illegally instead?

By that logic: cool, Unauthorized 1.4 Tremor port when?

ShadowTiger

Duke Fishron
pbone's mod is great. It's got tons of interesting stuff.

But what mod has ever attempted the massive all-in-one potion buff quest?
.. The Drill Containment Unit Mk 2?
.. The Grand Design Mk 2?
.. The Hoiktuation tool?
.. The all-in-one paint tool?
.. A liquid manipulation tool?
.. A pool builder?
.. A tool that combines those things into a single item?!!?
.. And more!

I mean, let's face it - The LuiAFK mod is simply magical, and I dared not imagine a Terraria modded run without it. Now here we are again, living in the present.

All thanks to miningcrack.

All of my respect.
603063606074015757.webp

pbone's mod is great. It's got tons of interesting stuff.

But what mod has ever attempted the massive all-in-one potion buff quest?
.. The Drill Containment Unit Mk 2?
.. The Grand Design Mk 2?
.. The Hoiktuation tool?
.. The all-in-one paint tool?
.. A liquid manipulation tool?
.. A pool builder?
.. A tool that combines those things into a single item?!!?
.. And more!

I mean, let's face it - The LuiAFK mod is simply magical, and I dared not imagine a Terraria modded run without it. Now here we are again, living in the present.
"But what mod has ever attempted the massive all-in-one potion buff quest?"
Engima has

"All in one tools"
Fair enough

I've said before my problem with this mod is mostly in its infinite use builder items and some of its hotbar abilities (IE ult-battler), stuff I consider outright cheating that people call "quality of life"

You cannot tell me making a spammable world-wide skybridge with infinite uses preboss is *not* cheating.

I am atleast hoping that, in due time Miningcrack actually puts some form of balance into these features because this is a *really bad* mentality to put into people that this is a QoL mod when it is infact a (rather cheaty) utility mod.
I do appreciate that the guy turned down donations thou, VS taking the more scummy route (something I've grown way too used to by now)

That said it did have one part that I genuinely liked that no one ever seemed to use: the harvesters. You still had to put in work to get those, but once you did you got some automated farms!

Maybe I'm just salty because in the past I was told by TMOD devs that no, you cannot re-release a mod without someone's permission (or legal licensing) and yet it's pretty damn clear that aren't enforcing their own rules here...

SnuggleBunny

Terrarian
Big Update: I finally have the full functionality of the Original Luiafk, even adding upon it with the new Gem Corn Tree Harvester.
I will now focus on upcoming Bug reports and, of course, your Ideas and Suggestions. If you have anything to say about the mod feel free to say it in here, in the steam workshop or even on github.
Thank you sir. i never knew this mod existed until it popped up on my YT lol and i ran to get it so fast. appreciate you bringing it to 1.4 and maintaining it.

ShadowTiger

Duke Fishron
"But what mod has ever attempted the massive all-in-one potion buff quest?"
Engima has.
It's got a 1.4 port that works perfectly? :eek: Good to know, though. I love stuff like that.

I've said before my problem with this mod is mostly in its infinite use builder items and some of its hotbar abilities (IE ult-battler), stuff I consider outright cheating that people call "quality of life"

You cannot tell me making a spammable world-wide skybridge with infinite uses preboss is *not* cheating.
If I do it in a Multiplayer game, they'd think it's cheating. If I do it in a single player game, I'm just saving very, very valuable time out of my day so I can get to the part that I actually want to do more.

For example, I enjoy driving a little bit, sure, but if I'm driving to an amusement park, the amusement park is more fun than the driving part, and I want to spend as much time in that amusement park as possible and cut out the driving if I can. Or, I'll drive instead of walking if I can. This is that sort of argument response, I suppose.

That said it did have one part that I genuinely liked that no one ever seemed to use: the harvesters. You still had to put in work to get those, but once you did you got some automated farms!
It sounds like anything else in the LuiAFK mod - Some work is put in to gather materials to acquire a better way of working with things.

AngstSky

Terrarian
up,我是来自中国的玩家,想翻译一下您的MOD。您的这个MOD在中国非常受欢迎,我这边有1.3的汉化MOD不知道是否你可以整合进去?我已经把汉化的MOD发给你了。麻烦你了!如果能整合到1.4感激不尽

Attachments

• Mods.7z
    419.8 KB · Views: 31

rox_sbr

Terrarian

I am atleast hoping that, in due time Miningcrack actually puts some form of balance into these features because this is a *really bad* mentality to put into people that this is a QoL mod when it is infact a (rather cheaty) utility mod.

I mean yeah Luiafk has always been a bit cheaty but if you do take such an issue with it you can just choose not to use the more cheaty parts instead of suggesting they get removed. I know that I for one have neither the time nor patience to build full skybridges or massive arenas but because of this mod i can do it with minimal hassle and that is an incredibly welcome feature for both me and a ton of other people.

Top Bottom