tModLoader Luiafk - Unlimited/Combinable Potions, Autobuilding stuff and more

@Luiafk it'd be great if you could maybe include a small changelog in the description? Just, like, what's happened in the last couple of days, so that we have some idea about why the update, that sort of thing? Thanks for the updates, though. <3

Idk why but the recall bind doesn't work, I also don't understand why you need the craft the permanent buffs if you have the Settings menu. Just a little confusion
the settings menu buffs are useless without the corresponding item. also, in my experience the key actually defaults to disabled and you hav to manually set the key (or click the set to default thing to correct the disabled key)

the settings menu buffs are useless without the corresponding item. also, in my experience the key actually defaults to disabled and you hav to manually set the key (or click the set to default thing to correct the disabled key)

@Luiafk -- maybe draw a nice big red cross or circle over things in the control panel that you don't have in your inventory?

While you have mentioned some items aren't balanced, I'd like to see the infinite mana potion to be a bit more balanced by increasing the costs to make it. Or at least, being able to disable it. I couldn't change it because you've locked the mod.

1. No one forces you to use it
2. With proper itemizing you can get your mana regen over mana expenditure

1. No one forces you to use it
2. With proper itemizing you can get your mana regen over mana expenditure

First point, I won't use it, but I'm hosting a server, so it's important to me.
2nd I know you can but that's more expensive and in-depth compared to one item.

No plans to add config files, I dislike them.

Travelling Merchant won't be changed, I like it how it is, people that only want to use the normal one can, and if you use the modded one then you have a 22% chance to get an extra inventory reset each day if the real one spawns.

I don't want an X over toggles that you don't have the item for because that's just unnecessary looping for something you should already know you don't have.

"I also don't understand why you need the craft the permanent buffs if you have the Settings menu" because otherwise you'd get all the buffs for free? :nurseconfused:

Anyway, some new stuff:
t3GfVbH.png

Crafted from the normal Asphalt Blocks.
qyrgu2u.png

If they (Asphalt Platforms) are in your inventory when placing platforms with the Minecart or Platform Builder they will be placed instead of whatever is selected in the Settings.
7O9hDQi.png

Upgraded Ultimate Bucket (Ultimate Bucket also now available in normal mode). When the Pool Builder option isn't selected in Settings it acts like the Ultimate Bucket, with it selected it will build a fishing pool using the liquid you've selected (empty if sponge is chosen).

Added Unlimited Love, Stink, and Gender Change Potions.
Mobile Banks now work anywhere, no tiles need to be nearby anymore. Also added a PiggySafe, a combo of the Mobile Piggy Bank and the Mobile Safe.
Vanilla or modded buff potions now have their buff automatically applied if you have a stack of 30 in your inventory.
Added Ultimate Peaceful, upgraded version of Unlimited Peaceful, greatly reduces spawns. There's a toggle for it in settings, and it is overridden by the Ultimate Battler toggle.

Edit: Ultimate Peaceful and Ultimate Battler now combine into the big buff item.
Second Edit: Hunter Potion toggle merged with Dangersense toggle to make space for peaceful.

Last edited:
A suggestion for platform builder: ice blocks. They can be a great early game runway tile with the ice scates equipped. Also they are super useul if you spread hallow on the full blocks of the hellroad.

No plans to add config files, I dislike them

I wasn't asking for config files, I just want unlimited mana to be harder to get (mana is meant to be there, and not to be infinite from the very start). I can't do this myself because you don't allow it to be read with the tmodreader.

@Luiafk kind of like there is a toggle for the buffs, could there b a toggle for the merchants being town npcs? or at least call on vanilla textures? i don't want to hav to try and find out what ur file is to replace the texture with the tp im using

I wasn't asking for config files, I just want unlimited mana to be harder to get (mana is meant to be there, and not to be infinite from the very start). I can't do this myself because you don't allow it to be read with the tmodreader.

You could write a small mod that used the "after recipes" hook, located the infinite mana recipes, and updated them to reflect whatever requirements you wanted to add. It's not perfect, but it's certainly possible.

Lol, I'm not changing the infinite mana items, or the recipes. If you can't trust people you play with you shouldn't be using this mod anyway, since it can do way worse things to your game than allowing them to have infinite mana.

There won't be a toggle for the NPCs, maybe I'll look into using the textures from the vanilla NPCs, but it's not something I consider important so might not be any time soon.

Couple of new items:
PsrlLI0.png

Does what it says, just keep it in your inventory. Sold by the travelling merchant.

Mw2pNeK.png

Portable Fairy Merchant. Sold by the Merchant when Queen Bee is dead. Can be combined with the Mobile Piggy Bank and Safe to make the Mobile PiggySafe Merchant (which is then combined with the Mobile Defender's Forge for all of them in one). Sells some basic items you might need on the go, but more importantly, buys all that rubbish you collect while out exploring.

Couple of new items:
PsrlLI0.png

Does what it says, just keep it in your inventory. Sold by the travelling merchant.

Mw2pNeK.png

Portable Fairy Merchant. Sold by the Merchant when Queen Bee is dead. Can be combined with the Mobile Piggy Bank and Safe to make the Mobile PiggySafe Merchant (which is then combined with the Mobile Defender's Forge for all of them in one). Sells some basic items you might need on the go, but more importantly, buys all that rubbish you collect while out exploring.

Oooh, nice. I noticed the money collector, but not the fairy. Time to grab that! Awesome...

Disabled smart cursor while the bank is open cause it causes lag (smart cursor also forces you to try talking to the merchant when you click the bank anyway, silly smart cursor :D).

Added a light option to Settings UI for the building stuff. House Enabler and Prison Builder will place a tile that either gives off light or doesn't (the one that gives off light still works with the light switch). All the other builder items that used to place the house enabler will either place the version that gives off light, or place nothing.

I want to be able to control stuff. The first reason why I added this mod was because I wanted a replacement for compressed potions.
I can control most things right now, but there's something I don't like. You are changing general values, resulting in changing not only your items, but ALL the items (potions, consumables, ammo) including modded items. If you like infinite things, then make an unique item, and better not adjust how the game works. That way you're completely breaking gameplay.

Oh and, you don't like configs, fine. But you have an ingame settings menu. Why not add it that way?

I want to be able to control stuff. The first reason why I added this mod was because I wanted a replacement for compressed potions.
I can control most things right now, but there's something I don't like. You are changing general values, resulting in changing not only your items, but ALL the items (potions, consumables, ammo) including modded items. If you like infinite things, then make an unique item, and better not adjust how the game works. That way you're completely breaking gameplay.

Oh and, you don't like configs, fine. But you have an ingame settings menu. Why not add it that way?
+1

No.

Some new stuff:
2BmHMog.png

Build a biome for fishing quickly. The Pool builder has been changed, now you click where you want the top right tile and obsidian will toggle wall placement. The Sponge option can now be used to just delete everything in the area.

When you're holding the biome builder the top row of toggles will change to the fishing biomes.

qhTaRdd.png

KmM19hB.png

Unlimited versions of each vanilla fishing rod. They take no bait (which is why the power is so much higher than the standard one), from mechanics onwards they have the High Test Fishing Line built in. Earlier ones are a bit weaker than using the standard rod + worms/nightcrawlers probably, but you get unlimited bait and extra lines for that. Later ones are more powerful than the original ones (as well as having the other benefits). Each 5th quest you complete you'll gain an extra line when using the unlimited rods.

Fixed unlimited extractinator materials when using Home Improvement or Tool Time.

Last edited:
Some new stuff:
Unlimited versions of each vanilla fishing rod. They take no bait (which is why the power is so much higher than the standard one), from mechanics onwards they have the High Test Fishing Line built in. Earlier ones are a bit weaker than using the standard rod + worms/nightcrawlers probably, but you get unlimited bait and extra lines for that. Later ones are more powerful than the original ones (as well as having the other benefits). Each 5th quest you complete you'll gain an extra line when using the unlimited rods.

Thanks for adding those. Is there any chance you would add something that used the Hotline Fishing Hook to combine with the unlimited golden rod, and provide something that would happily fish in anything including lava?

Back
Top Bottom