tModLoader Luiafk - Unlimited/Combinable Potions, Autobuilding stuff and more

Well, it's been a while, having to make sprites makes me not want to do stuff, so haven't done much :p.

Crashes above were from Hamstar's Helpers, Hamstar's fixed it now though.

No Discord server, you can DM me if you have any questions (name is in OP), I answer pretty quickly on Discord normally, don't check here very often.

No unlimited modded potions will be added, it'd just get too annoying to do every mod, and there's really not much point when you can already just leave a stack in your inventory/piggy bank and it'll auto-apply.

For the stacked versions of potions to apply you need to have atleast one Unlimited Potion from the mod in your inventory, that's why the stack of 30 isn't auto-applying.

No idea what you mean about the Time Changer not working, sorry :(.

K, change list time, pretty long list.

Code:
update:
    Removed/changed tons of code
        lemme know if i broke anything, lots of code was changed :D
    Fixed Fairy Merchant wanting to have a house
    Changed internal name of Travelling Merchant and Skeleton Merchant
        You'll need to wait for them to spawn again, probably
    Dying while using fast respawn now fails the DD2 event
        Also despawns Betsy
    Imp Drill Mount has a new item sprite
        just the mount itself
    Added a bit of tileboost to paint tool
        thought i'd already done this
        removed infinite range when not using smart cursor
            now works based on normal range + any boost you have (same with smart cursor)
    Using imp target dummy while patchwerk is active will despawn him
        cause minions, they really don't like him :o
        stopped calamity's stupid debuffs moving it
        fixed textures in multi when 2 or more are out at once
        will despawn during dd2 event now as well
        can now look like a wingless betsy :D
        you can now do /luiafk dummy x, where x is a number, to change the dummy's defense
            this is a local change that will only affect your client
            so each player can use different defense values for testing
    Added DD2 command
        use /luiafk dd2 to switch between instant wave delay and default
        use /luiafk dd2 x, where x is a number, to set wave delay to that many seconds
            using it this way will only allow faster waves than default
    Most AutoBuilders
        No longer part of settings UI
        Right-click to access the options for them when holding the item
    Ultimate Bucket
        No longer right click to cycle modes
        Right-click now brings up ui to select the mode
    Hoiktuation Rod
        No longer part of settings UI
        Right-click now brings up ui to select the mode
        removed activating wires on right-click
            don't think it was really that useful
    Actuation Rod
        removed activating wires on right-click
            don't think it was really that useful
    Settings menu
        removed everything that isn't buffs
    Multi-solution
        removed from settings UI
        right click while holding to bring up menu
            now has a button on the menu to actually convert
    added new chests - Expert Mode only!
        chests collect stuff (trees/cactus/plants/fish) when placed near the relevant resource
        will be notified in chat if one is full
        harvests once a minute, for the fish harvester it tries to catch 3 fish each time
            Plant Harvester
                has a range of 30 tiles each direction
                    plant farm can be 60 * 60 if chest is in middle
                only collects when blooming
                DOESN'T give seeds
                DOES replace any collected plants with a freshly planted one
                    means you don't have to worry about going back home at certain times just to gather plants
                    but means you have to spend a bit more time gathering seeds since if you only ever find one
                    seed you'll only ever have one plant growing at a time
                Other mods can add their herbs for auto-collection
                    Use Call(string, int, int, int, Func<int>) like so:
                        ModLoader.GetMod("Luiafk").Call("plantharvest", tileType, bloomFrameX, dropType, dropAmount)
                        you can leave the Func<int> out if you're fine with the vanilla drop rate (1-2 items per plant)
                        will return true if it was added
            Tree Harvester
                has a range of 50 tiles each direction
                    tree farm can be 100 * 100 if chest is in middle
                DOESN'T give acorns
                DOES replant any harvested trees
                probably does modded trees, unless they do something weird with the drops
            Cactus Harvester
                has a range of 50 tiles each direction
                    cactus farm can be 100 * 100 if chest is in middle
                DOESN'T collect those dye plants that grow on them
                modded cactus always drops cactus i think? so should work with modded cactus
            Fish Harvester
                When placed above water (upto 10 tiles away) it will gather fish
                    items caught based on location of the chest (hemopiranha if placed in crimson etc)
                        biome range is 30 tiles in each direction
                    requires an unlimited rod or a normal rod + bait in the chest, higher power more/better fish
                    pool size/time of day etc all count towards the power
                    can catch modded fish/items
                    Put certain items in the chest to increase skill/chance for things
                        put unlimited crate potion (or Unlimited Fishing/Everything) in to increase crate chance from 10% to 20%
                        put unlimited fishing potion(+15) (or Unlimited Fishing/Everything) in to increase fishing skill
                        put angler hat(+5)/vest(+5)/pants(+5)/earring(+10)/tackle bag(+10) in to increase fishing skill
                        put tackle box/tackle bag (stacking) in to reduce bait consumption if using bait
                    Will catch quest fish as long as there's less of today's quest fish in the chest than players that haven't completed
                        the quest today
        If you load the world without the mod loaded all the items in these chests will be lost
            but when you re-enable the mod the chests will continue to function as normal
            and won't crash the game when you mouse over them on the map

TL;DR
Four new chests, expert only, they'll automatically harvest trees/cactus/herbs nearby, and the fishing chest will fish for you if you give it an unlimited rod or normal rod + bait.
Settings UI is now just the potions again. All building items now have right-click options.
Fixed a couple of bugs.
New dd2 command to skip/shorten wave delay.
Imp Dummy despawns when using the item a second time, and you can now change its defense.
Travelling/Skeleton Merchant will have to spawn again cause I changed their internal name (cause having to use strings for their name is annoying).

Edit: If anyone has better ideas for chest recipes, feel free to suggest, couldn't think of anything decent since i really didn't want to make a load of sprites (almost did worldgen stuff for it, maybe i'll do that in the future).

Last edited:
Hey Luiafk, would it be possible to pull out the potion aspect of your mod (infinite/from piggy bank) and make it an independent mod? I really love that idea but I don't want all the other mods included here.

Added a quick fix for crashing when loading characters that didn't have save data from this mod on them.

There's a couple of other changes, but I'll list them next update when they're properly finished, just wanted this fixed for now even though other stuff isn't finished :).

Edit: Updated OP link (isn't signed cause I had to delete signed version to test modbrowser download), cause trying to download my mod on modbrowser currently downloads every single mod on modbrowser (1700 mods, 855MB) instead of just my mod :eek:.

Last edited:
is there a config for each part of the mod?
I like some parts, but a couple are too OP for my taste (but I know some people prefer them, so adding a config for each part would be great)

hi Luiafk,
i have recipe browser mod,
it doesnt seem to get where the "harverster parts" come from,
not a mob, neither crafting,
nor your wiki (at least i didnt found it, even using that tool that finds words on the page)
could you say to me where i get those harvester parts?

it says that its an expert item,
but the piping says it too, and doesnt seem to be an expert item

ps: how do i get those spoiler things that you click on them and it enables or disables parts from the thread/comment?

ps2: u liek red(i guess)

Heeeeey. I have a problem with Arena Platform builder. When i use it and the platforms appears, above them are house enablers. Is there any way to turn this off ? Also is there any way to change platform builder direction ? Becouse when i use it (no matter what i do) it goes only to the left... Thanks for help in advance ! :D
House enabler bug.png

hi Luiafk,
i have recipe browser mod,
it doesnt seem to get where the "harverster parts" come from,
not a mob, neither crafting,
nor your wiki (at least i didnt found it, even using that tool that finds words on the page)
could you say to me where i get those harvester parts?

it says that its an expert item,
but the piping says it too, and doesnt seem to be an expert item

ps: how do i get those spoiler things that you click on them and it enables or disables parts from the thread/comment?

Harvester parts drop from expert mode treasure bags from vanilla bosses.

Piping is an expert item, the recipe is only available in expert mode.

ps2: u liek red(i guess)

Yes, so much so that the Expert items aren't actually expert items, I just wrote Expert in the tooltips so that I could have the names be red instead of rainbow :D.

Heeeeey. I have a problem with Arena Platform builder. When i use it and the platforms appears, above them are house enablers. Is there any way to turn this off ? Also is there any way to change platform builder direction ? Becouse when i use it (no matter what i do) it goes only to the left... Thanks for help in advance ! :D

When you choose the material (right-click) there's a light option, toggle that off and they won't be placed.

On the note of the Arena builder. Would you ever consider a ui option for it to, well, build an Arena in the OTHER direction? Like just flip it around?

Erm, maybe :).

Some of this was already in, cause of bug fix update, but here's the latest update:
Code:
update:
    explosive jack o lanterns are now the correct thing
    fixed dirt rod 2.0 breaking when used near the edge of the world
    added support for thorium throwing coatings
        will now be auto applied like potions
    having an unlimited gills item active no longer makes floodtide drop when fishing
        since gills is part of unlimited everything it was annoying fishing with it
        floodtide will only drop from fishing when you meet the conditions required from calamity itself
            ie you have the actual Waterbreathing Potion buff active
    Paint tool
        When smart cursor is disabled you can now paint a box at one time
            click and drag to select a box, releasing will paint everything inside
        The wall/tile/remove are now toggles
            so you can paint just tiles, just walls, or both
                same for removing, enable all 3 buttons to remove paint from walls and tiles
    Added Wall Rod
        Can place walls by selecting a box
            the wall you want placed should be in the slot on the bottom row second from the right (1 to the left of what hoiktuation rod places)
    Redid Unlimited Grand Design UI
        made to match other building rods
            so it can be added to Combo Rod
    Added Combo Rod
        Has the features of:
            All in One Paint Tool
            Wall Rod
                unlimited range on wall rod and paint tool box mode
            Unlimited Grand Design
            Hoik Rod
            Liquid Manipulator
                can use ultimate liquid manipulator or pool builder
                    not consumed on crafting so you can keep pool builder seperate
            Staff of Regrowth moss placement
                Can place any type of moss when placing stone
                Can turn stone into any type of moss
                staff of regrowth/plant harvester required for crafting
                    not consumed when crafting
        Bones and Hive can be placed with tile mode as if using the respective wand
        Leaf/Wood buttons added for tile mode
            Leaf will place either Leaf Blocks or Rich Mahogany Leaf Blocks
            Wood will place either Living Wood or Living Mahogany Blocks
                Wood required for Living Wood/Leaf
                Rich Mahogany required for Living Mahogany/Rich Mahogany Leaf
        Grasses added to tile mode
            Need either Dirt already placed, or in slot for Grass/Hallow Grass/Crimson Grass/Corrupt Grass
            Need either Mud already placed, or in slot for Mushroom Grass/Jungle Grass
    Fixed chest tooltips
        I wrote them in the update, but forgot to add them to the actual item
            I also forgot to change the ranges to what was said in the update
                so now the plant chest has 50 range in each direction

Erm, maybe :).

Code:
update:
    Added Wall Rod
        Can place walls by selecting a box
            the wall you want placed should be in the slot on the bottom row second from the right (1 to the left of what hoiktuation rod places)

I don't believe the Wall Rod is craftable atm.

Oh yeah, that must have got mixed up when i merged the fishing rod and the chest fishing code, will fix that later on too. It'll work in a fishing chest for now though :).

I saw(somewhere, can't find a post) you've made fishing rods compatible with Fargowiltas, but it doesn't work with all accessories.
Without accessories i have 6 lines,
10 with Angler Enchantment(6 + 4 = works),
16 with Trawler Soul(6 + 10 = works),
but with Soul of Dimensions, which is made of Trawler Soul, i have only 6 default.

Code:
update:
    Wall Rod
        Forgot to add multiplayer syncing
            now correctly tells the server/other players when you've placed a wall
    Unlimited Hotline Rod
        must have broke lava fishing when i merged rod and chest fishing code
            can fish in lava again when using from hand

Blame fargo for making it so that you can have the lesser souls equipped while using dimensions :p (either soul of dimensions or trawler soul give extra lines, both together only one will work).

Edit: Actually, this is how it works for Fargo's too. So it's working as intended.

Last edited:
Hey - I'd like to say that I absolutely adore this mod; the automation options the automatic chests have added are _so_ useful. I've combined the auto collection items with Mech Transfer and Magic Storage to make a functional automatic resource collector, like my fish one that discards quest fish automatically.
I do have a request if you can find time for it though - would it be possible to add support for Ore Seeds' ore plants for the automatic herb collector? Perhaps a more expensive collector that's only available post-WoF or has some other additional restriction to balance it out a bit?

Back
Top Bottom