tModLoader Luiafk - Unlimited/Combinable Potions, Autobuilding stuff and more

The pool builder creates a pool of water, the fishing biom creator creates (well it does at least for blue mushroom which is what I tried) an area the size of the pool builder, but it's filled with blocks of the biome item (mud and blue grass) in lots of horizontal and vertical lines, creating a pattern of #'s over and over with air holes, but no water. It's also created from the bottom right square up, instead of the top right square down, like the pool builder is.

This is why it feels unintuitive to me. The pool builder is so obvious what it does the moment you click it, the fishing biome less so.
Oh geez, you're right! I never even knew there was a Fishing Biome builder! I just opened up Terraria and cheated myself the item just to look at it.

It's an interesting little thing. It's right-click driven like anything else. What's so unintuitive about it though? If anything, it does what it says it does, as long as we understand how biomes work.

My understanding of it is that as long as you yourself are situated in the biome AND in the region of the world that would cater to it, you'll catch that fish. For example, if the biome square is set in the Underground layer and your pool is in the Cavern layer, and you're fishing in the underground layer near the biome block, you might catch that fish. If you were in the Cavern layer though, you might not.

Oh geez, you're right! I never even knew there was a Fishing Biome builder! I just opened up Terraria and cheated myself the item just to look at it.

It's an interesting little thing. It's right-click driven like anything else. What's so unintuitive about it though? If anything, it does what it says it does, as long as we understand how biomes work.

My understanding of it is that as long as you yourself are situated in the biome AND in the region of the world that would cater to it, you'll catch that fish. For example, if the biome square is set in the Underground layer and your pool is in the Cavern layer, and you're fishing in the underground layer near the biome block, you might catch that fish. If you were in the Cavern layer though, you might not.

The reason it feels unintuitive to me is that because it makes a biome block I presume that you are supposed to stand on the biome block and fish next to it into your pool, which makes sense, but what makes me question whether that is the intended use is that you choose the bottom right block instead of the top left. If it was top left and it built down and right it would make it very easy to just click a pool, and then click one block to the right and have the biome done right next to it. But because it builds up and left, while the pool builds down and left, it feels like you're supposed to build the biome above the pool, which feels weird.

EDIT: Yeah I've been using it above where I'm fishing from and it functions well, still just feels bizzare to have a huge block floating above me in the air instead of next to me. I can still do it how I like it, it is just a bit harder and not as easy to change biomes at will like if I put it above me.

Last edited:
Is there a way to turn off the 5 second timer to ultimate battler? With as many mods as I use, it's super laggy during those 5 seconds.

I'm not sure if this has been brought up, but I am playing on a local server in tmodloader version 0.10.1.5 and the tree harvester is not replanting trees after harvest. I tried placing acorns in the harvester and it still did not work. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

I don't know, but I think the toggle buff menu is broken (the menu that lets you turn on ultimate battler and peaceful) Not sure if its on my side or the mods broken.

Hi maker of Luiafk, I thought of a nice idea for an upgrade to the "Cell Phone" that's in vanilla Terraria. You could make a recipe for a "Smart Phone" in your mod using, first of all, the "Cell Phone", along with the item(s) you have in Luiafk for unlimited wormhole and random teleport potions and other similar things. It would make sense to be craft-able at a Tinkers Workshop. This could be used to, save space in inventory and allow easier management of the various things the individual items would already do. Basically less swapping items in and out of the hot-bar slots.

The mechanic could work like any other item you have in your mod with a UI, right click for menu, left click for use. Also, another name it could have might be "Satellite Transponder" or something futuristic since a smart phone really is just another type of cell phone. Or you could go with the basics and call it an "Improved Cell Phone", using maybe a slight recolor of the "Cell Phone" sprite.

Along with this you could make a few vanilla based recipes (or something) for making a few of the accessories in making the "Cell Phone". These are all just suggestions, and just to let you know, I don't too often get on these forums so sorry ahead of time if I don't respond to comments directed at me.

So, while reading through some things and doing specific searches for them, I am not really finding what things like the Unlimited Ammo Box does.
And then, funny enough, after coming here to look for explained details on some of the stuff, I end up having more questions about other stuff listed here.
Like the bit on the first post description and explanation of the mod
If you have one of the Unlimited Buff items in your inventory any potion (modded or otherwise) that is stacked to atleast 30 will not be consumed on use, and will auto-apply when in your inventory or piggy bank. You'll need all of the items in one stack, so you'll need a mod like MaxStacksPlus or Stack Increase.
Does that mean you can just make the Unlimited Buffs things, and all tiers building up to it, leave them in the Piggy Bank, and still get affected by the buffs?
Or does that mean you have to have 30+ of the potion in the Piggy Bank while the Unlimited buff is in your inventory?

I could honestly go on for a bit on this, but those are my main questions ^^;;
What does the Unlimited Ammo Box do, and can you just have the Unlimited Buffs in the Piggy Bank and still be affected by them?

So, while reading through some things and doing specific searches for them, I am not really finding what things like the Unlimited Ammo Box does.
And then, funny enough, after coming here to look for explained details on some of the stuff, I end up having more questions about other stuff listed here.
Like the bit on the first post description and explanation of the mod

Does that mean you can just make the Unlimited Buffs things, and all tiers building up to it, leave them in the Piggy Bank, and still get affected by the buffs?
Or does that mean you have to have 30+ of the potion in the Piggy Bank while the Unlimited buff is in your inventory?

I could honestly go on for a bit on this, but those are my main questions ^^;;
What does the Unlimited Ammo Box do, and can you just have the Unlimited Buffs in the Piggy Bank and still be affected by them?

Once you craft an unlimited potion, the effect will always be applied to you so long as the unlimited potion is in your inventory. The buff icon will not show up, but the potion effect will be applied. The 30+ stack mechanic is another option for unlimited buffs, but is not requited for the unlimited potion items to work. As for your next question, I don't think the unlimited potion items work while in your piggy bank, you need to have them in your inventory. The unlimited ammo box, so long as it is in your inventory, will give you the effects of the ammo box permanently, (20% chance to not consume ammo). This same concept goes for all the unlimited buff stations such as the bewitching table and crystal ball.

Alright, thanks for the clear explanation :D
I kinda wish this mod had a wiki and what not, but sadly it doesn't seem to... I still have various questions about certain other things, but I usually only remember them in the moment (meaning I forget what made me question what it does)

is there a way to move the bar for the potions, since mine is stuck over my items and i cant find a way to move it
unknown.png

is there a way to move the bar for the potions, since mine is stuck over my items and i cant find a way to move it
unknown.png

did you try click+drag ? that's how I moved mine, if it helps. try having the menu open aswell? I'm not sure if there was some hotkey to lock it in place, try checking the controls also

did you try click+drag ? that's how I moved mine, if it helps. try having the menu open aswell? I'm not sure if there was some hotkey to lock it in place, try checking the controls also

tried left and right side ctrl , shift and alt and all didnt work
also didnt see anything about locking it in the menu / controls

ah found out how to move it finally, its only right click drag, the one thing i didnt try and just randomly decided to do now, still ty <3

Back
Top Bottom