tModLoader Luiafk - Unlimited/Combinable Potions, Autobuilding stuff and more

Gotcha. Was fine yesterday lol. And usually when someone says "doesn't work" that doesn't mean "it flat out will not let you load up the world because it's entirely broken"
Kinda sad that I can't load into that world... spent weeks on it and was almost done with the last few bosses.
u can fix this by either:
  • removing thorium, loading the world, and removing every unlimited buff
  • hosting the world and removing every unlimited buff
  • using this file to replace thorium (an older version of thorium that works with unlimited buffs)

I am the world owner, hosting doesn't change anything lol.
Is there any confirmed item or code conflict to narrow down what *not* to use?

I am the world owner, hosting doesn't change anything lol.
Is there any confirmed item or code conflict to narrow down what *not* to use?
nope, and some1 did report that them hosting their own world let them join but they were frozen in place until they removed the unlimited buffs

Wonder if it hard conflicts with more mods then... Just disabled this one and a few others. Had already planned on taking some off in a new world.
Hope this gets fixed sometime soon :D

apparently, i can't load a world with the unlimited recall potion in my inventory
also, for some reason, it works just fine with unlimited flaming arrows in the ammo slot.
please fix this
dd5mi5f-05be9e30-8096-4002-b063-d988ead27f59.png
It's a known issue. Most current fixes are to just remove the unlimited buffs from your inventory for now apparently. Or use an old version of Thorium.

How do you craft the improved target dummy? I can not find it in the item browser.

Also, the creators of the Thorium have said, that the problem is not in Thorium, but in Luiafk (which is strange, since Thorium is the mod that got updated), but they didn't manage to contact LuiAfk.

No prob.
For others curious about if this mod will get updated, all we can really do is hope. As is there was already a number of things that either no longer worked properly or flat out caused game crashes (especially when paired with other mods). Seeing as how it has been left alone for over a year... I honestly don't think it will be picked up all of a sudden unless someone or multiple people are able to directly contact the mod creator or if someone else wants to try and pick this mod back up and update it.

also reposting this here
would like to bring this to people's attention:
hmeSf0p.png

Thorium isn't to blame for this, Luiafk was using poor coding in his mod he shouldn't have that easily broke.
This isn't fair to Diverman Sam to blame Thorium for this problem, I've had issues with Luiafk in the past not working with other mods and this explains it.

With Luiafk missing from the internet you'd have to basically privately edit his mod (which has hidden code, so you'll have to find a way to bypass that yourself) to use his mod with thorium now.
I'm posting this here since it's more relevant than in Luiafk's thread.

Yep, which kinda sucks for the idea of someone else maybe picking the mod back up...
The hidden code thought actually explains why certain script errors happen with certain items, among other odd glitches n bugs...
R.I.P. Luiafk, I will legit miss you... especially now that I have restarted because of this issue and have gone into Death Mode Calamity XD

Yep, which kinda sucks for the idea of someone else maybe picking the mod back up...
The hidden code thought actually explains why certain script errors happen with certain items, among other odd glitches n bugs...
R.I.P. Luiafk, I will legit miss you... especially now that I have restarted because of this issue and have gone into Death Mode Calamity XD
Hidden code just means TMODLoader won't extract it, that's all. Honestly this feature is bad, since it prevents people from just picking the mod back up without taking it apart first the hard way (which also means it fails to protect code as well)

That's the thing though, without actually being able to *easily* compile the data and figure out the various issues the mod has, people can't really see about fixing things.
That's why you don't generally want to have hidden code. It can easily break and nobody can then fix it. Not without a hell of a lot more work.
Seeing as how it had a lot of issues, my main example is the Combo Rod which would just randomly script error crash the game out, and was mildly buggy with a few other things that either glitched or didn't work anymore... This whole mod would have to be dumped, picked through with each line of code, and then possibly re-written in possibly multiple chunks of code segments to become workable again.

That's the thing though, without actually being able to *easily* compile the data and figure out the various issues the mod has, people can't really see about fixing things.
That's why you don't generally want to have hidden code. It can easily break and nobody can then fix it. Not without a hell of a lot more work.
Seeing as how it had a lot of issues, my main example is the Combo Rod which would just randomly script error crash the game out, and was mildly buggy with a few other things that either glitched or didn't work anymore... This whole mod would have to be dumped, picked through with each line of code, and then possibly re-written in possibly multiple chunks of code segments to become workable again.
I never used it because again, it just caused problems when trying to even RUN it with other mods, I didn't even get into a game yet, things would just crash on loading.
Eitherway, I'm pretty sure a few talented coders will homebrew their own edit of this mod, but as it stands no modifations can be publicly released without luiafk's (who is missing) permission.

And this is why Zokolen Mod is winner, he made his mod open source before he quit as to make sure it would live on without him.

Alright, even though the issue is caused by the code within Luiafk, I decided to force a fix and allow players to play them together again.

You can download 1.6.0.4 when its up and there should be no more crashes or multiplayer freezes. Please tell me if there are and make sure you're on 1.6.0.4 before doing so.

Thorium dev made a fix for those crashes.

Back
Top Bottom