NPCs & Enemies Lumberjack NPC idea

for this specific NPC it would be just wood as an example I just finished making an ash wood concept that would work in the underworld and am working on a frozen tree that would go in underground snow

ash wood concept
Ash Wood.png

Hmm...
I still think they could be simply craftable with acorns, but anyway...

As for the concept, it's alright for a concept art, but it would neen a lot more tinkering to fit well into the game. the top part is really plain too...
As @Quba said, the potted plants from obsidian/hellstone crates might be a good base for the hell tree.

Notes: I'm really bad at sprite art and this idea is just a base for what could become a really cool idea so feel free to add onto it
Also sorry for bad image quality in both resolution and design

I know there is at least one mod that does this already but I wanted to make a lumberjack NPC suggestion. Essentially he would sell you different woods and axes throughout the game based on
how much progress you have so far. Here's what he sells that's already in the game

Idea of what he would look like (Not permanent)
View attachment 296095
Favorite biome - forest
Likes - Steampunker (doesn't come across in sprite but they would be siblings our cousins)
Dislikes - Truffle

Examples of lines
"Out of all things that could come alive why a mushroom. I would have preferred a tree."
"Wood you like to buy something... what you don't like puns.
"Get that ham-axe out of here, if its not just an axe its not an axe."

Would use a iron axe in pre-hardmode as a weapon
Would use a cobalt waraxe in hardmode as a weapon

Always:

Wood
Boreal Wood
Rich Mahogany
Shade wood / Ebon wood (Depends on world)
Palm wood

During blood moon:

Shade wood / Ebon wood (Depends on world)

After hardmode:

Pearl wood

After pumpkin moon

Spooky wood

Now onto the stuff that's not in the game

First is the Cosmic axe which is unlocked after moon lord is beaten at least once

Description " It gleams with a celestial light"
The axe is above par compared to the celestial ham-axes and is the best axe in the game
View attachment 296098
After that is another axe only unlocked after moon lord which is much more for a joke at old terraria called the original axe

Description "Its broken and has some dents but it should still work"
This axe has the power of a copper axe and can also mine would as a joke to original terraria (Its sprite is a broken down version of the original axe [I think])
View attachment 296099
Finally for new items is a new type of wood called moon wood that can be bough after moon lord. Its twice as good as pearl wood items and although its not included the
sprite for placing it down would look something along the lines of Martian conduit + boreal wood + pearl wood wall. This wood doesn't have a tree and is only bought
(sprites of armor and actual wood for reference)
View attachment 296100

Well that's it. I took a bit of a brake from the forum posting to make a good fleshed out NPC. Its not perfect but I like it and I hope you guys liked it.
I just can't dislike such perfect ideas!!! `;)

Back
Top Bottom