tModLoader Lumberjack NPC Mod

Should the lumberjack sell living wood related items (i.e. Living wood/leaf wand, living loom, etc.)

• Yes

Votes: 15 83.3%
  • Yes, but... (specify in comment)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

N1cknamed

Terrarian
Tj75JCx.png

Lumberjack NPC Mod
Download: Mod Browser In-game - Github

This is a very simple mod that adds in one new town NPC.
The lumberjack will move in after EoC and sells most types of wood (Dynasty and Spooky wood excluded). Pearlwood is only available while Hardmode is active. His wood is fairly expensive so you probably will still have to chop down trees in early game, but now you can also buy some more if you have the money.

Currently the lumberjack sells both Ebonwood and Shadewood regardless of what type of world evil you are in. This way players don't have to make a seperate world to gather wood they might prefer for building.

The lumberjack will also have pine tree blocks and cacti available. Pine tree is a type of wood with very limited crafting recipes and no tree variant, but still wood. According to the wiki, cacti "displays wood-like properties". Since it can be chopped down with an axe, the lumberjack might as well gather some to sell.

As of v0.3.0 the lumberjack will sell a living loom to players, for the quite expensive price of 10 gold. After saving the Wizard NPC the lumberjack also sells all 4 wood/leaf wands.

To combat the grind for shroomite a little, after defeating all 3 mech bosses the lumberjack will sell glowing mushrooms, which he gathered by chopping down giant glowing mushrooms. They are still quite expensive, crafting all shroomite gear with only bought mushrooms will cost about 13 platinum, but the player is no longer forced to go through the tedious task if they don't want to.

When in danger the lumberjack will defend himself with his trusty axe. Should the danger be too great however, then you might get a fancy new hat out of it.

This is my very first mod so please tell me if you find any issues. For now the lumberjack doesn't sell any type of modded wood but I might get around to doing that at some point. If you have suggestions for things I can add please tell me.

I have been fairly uninspired when it comes to his possible names and quotes, so for now he doesn't have very many. If you have some ideas you can leave them down below.

Version history

- v0.3.3: Support added for Census mod by Jopojelly
- v0.3.2: New browser icon and fixed pricing issue
- v0.3.1: Balancing adjustments and fixed some small spelling errors in his quotes.
- v0.3.0: Now sells living wood related items and glowing mushrooms. Also fixed a few spriting issues with the gore and added a bunch of new quotes, including more interactivity with other NPCs.
- v0.2.0: Now sells pine tree blocks and cacti. Also added new quotes.
- v0.1.2: Added browser icon and fixed a few small spriting issues.
- v0.1.1: Added mod description to browser.
- v0.1.0: Release

Last edited:
Utterly brilliant. Thank you very much for this! I'm absolutely adding this to my rotation. I never liked farming for trees. Having to plant rows after rows of them and then automatically reseed the ground with an acorn was kind of annoying.

Back
Top Bottom