Items Lunar Dew Drop, Another Expert Item for Moon Lord, and Smoothing of Endgame Grinding

How do you like this suggestion? ((Please pick the option most relevant to you))

• It's excellent.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's great, though the numbers are off (too high/too low)

• It's great, though the names are weird/simple.

• It's okay.

• I don't see this fitting in the game.

• Total voters

Mythical Golden Bunny

Empress of Light
As it stands, grinding the Pillars as well as Moon Lord is quite frankly, one of my least favorite parts of the game. It's not these battles themselves that drag on and on. It's how long they take, as well as just how many items come from the Moon Lord itself. If the Moon Lord is the end-all in terms of item tiers, I feel it would be nice if there were a way to power up as you go through the rotation of Pillars, Moon Lord, Moon Lord, Pillars. That way, it would get progressively quicker and easier as you gain more power.

~Items~

Lunar Dew Drop
Rarity: Rainbow
Tooltip: Drink from an otherworldly bag to achieve the immense might of the moon.
Location: Dropped by the Lunatic Cultist on Expert Mode 100% of the time (from the Treasure Bag?), dropped by the Moon Lord on Expert Mode 100% of the time (from treasure bag).

This single drop, when consumed gives a permanent stackable buff that increases damage, defense, critical strike, and movement speed by either one percent or one depending on the stat. There are separate limits for each stat, however, which are listed in the buff descripton. For example, the permanent buffs to critical strike are over after the stack count reaches 10, and movement speed after stack 15.

Buff: Celestial Gladiator
Effect: Enhances damage, defense, crit strike, and movement speed.
Tooltip: "You feel the stars themselves watching closely.

Dewdrop Stacks: #/70
Damage: + #/70%
Defense: + #/30
Critical Strike: + #/10%
Movement Speed: + #/15%"

While the resulting bonus can potentially be huge, it is built up over the course of going through the Lunar Events as well as the Moon Lord itself. You will need to put these drops in a bag before you can make use of them however.

Gladiator's Treasure Bag
Rarity: Rainbow
Item Type: Tool
Use Time: 25
Tooltip: "Used to contain your reward for defeating a champion of the stars. How the strongest get stronger!"
Location: Dropped 100% of the time (if Celestial Treasure Bag isn't in inventory already) by Moon Lord on Expert Mode (treasure bag).

To gain a stack of Celestial Gladiator you need to put dew drops into the bag by right clicking while it's selected. This will put any dew drops that are in your inventory into the bag. While the max stack for "Celestial Gladiator" is 70, the bag can hold a maximum of 999 drops. While the Cultist will give a dew drop, making their role in the Lunar events more beneficial for the player, the player needs to overcome the Moon Lord (for the bag) at least once to actually make use of them.

---

If you have any questions and/or concerns, feel free to post them. All numbers are tentative and can probably be changed so that this suggestion isn't too game breaking if it has a spot in the game at all.

*SPRITES COMING UP*

This would be an extremely challenging and rewarding trial to end-game, but I feel like these drops should be lost on death, only dropping like 15% for you to get back or for other players to steal.
In my opinion, the ability to accumulate them in an inventory without using them kinda ruins the fun.

Other than that, simply perfect idea.

Back
Top Bottom