Weapons & Equip Lunar Equipment!

Max :3

Terrarian
Hello to all you guys! Here is my 3rd suggestion, and possibly the last one. *Ahem* Unless more ideas come to me *Ahem* One point I would like to say, is that this idea is linked to another ones I posted. *Yes, self-adverstisement* The Lunar Gauntlet, and, Destroyer of Life. Only in the case this suggestion gets approved or whatever *Which really is a very small chance, like 0.0000001%*, DoL just might be forgiven, unfortunatly, but please Red, add a bow as a Moon Lord drop, we want it. And if this gets aprroved, the Gauntlets should really get approved too, since some users liked it a lot, so it's really amazing to know the support it had. But well, here I introduce to you guys, Lunar Equipment!

Vortex_armor.png Lunar Armor:
*Defense: 75
*15% more damage to all weapons.
*15% chance of not consumming ammo.
*Maximum mana increased by 40.
*Players now have a Lunar Orb surrounding them, just like the Solar Shield, except this Orb protects the player (Ice_Barrier.png) and only damages enemies when the Orb is starting to break (It has 4 flares/charges).
*Maximum minion number increased (x2).
Crafting: Luminite_Bar.png x36, Vortex_Fragment.pngx30,Solar_Fragment.pngx30, Nebula_Fragment.pngx30, Stardust_Fragment.pngx30

Lunar_Gauntlet.png Lunar
Gauntlet:
*Lunar Orb now damages enemies in all charges.
*"Lunar Wrath" debuff now applied to enemies when hitting them, similar to "Solar Flame" (http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/final-tier-gauntlets.28562/) debuff, only more powerful, around 10-20 damage per second.

Now for the juicy things!

Ranged
weapons:

Lunar_Shooter.png Lunar Shooter:
Ranged Damage: 78
Knockback: 3.0
Velocity: 12
Critical chance: 14%
Use time: 6
Tooltip: "Powerful enough to make holes to the Moon."
Bonus: Fires a spread of 7 bullets if Lunar Bullets are used, 5 when other type of bullets are used. 40
% chance of not consuming ammo.
Crafting: Luminite_Bar.pngx18

Laser_Machinegun (1).png Constelation Launcher:
Ranged Damage: 70
Knockback: 4.5
Velocity: 16
Critical chance: 4%
Use time: 15
Tooltip: "Shoot an explosion of the size of the Big Bang!"
Bonus: If Lunar Spikes are used, 1 Lunar Portal will appear and cause damage to nearby enemies. If other type of rockets are used, a wormhole like portal will appear and spawn little stars to damage nearby enemies.
Crafting:Luminite_Bar.pngx20

Phantasm.png Destroyer of Galaxies:
Ranged Damage: 60
Knockback: 2.5
Velocity: 11
Critical chance: 12%
Use time: 13
Tooltip: "Charge, release, destroy."
Bonus: If Lunar Arrows are used, it will create Lunar Portals Lunar_Portal.png , just like DoL *For more info about it enter the next link* http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/destroyer-of-life.28125/
Crafting:Luminite_Bar.pngx24

Ammo:

Deadly_Sphere_minion.png Lunar Spike:
Damage: 50

Specialty: Creates a lightning cloud when hits an enemie, to damage near enemies. Sticks to enemies. Doesn't destroy tiles.
How to get: Available from the Cyborg. 1 Lunar Spike Barrel Phasic_Warp_Ejector.png (999 rockets/spikes) sold by 1 platinum.

Luminite_Bullet.png Lunar Bullet:
Damage: 20
Specialty: Homining bullet, creates little stars when hitting an enemie to damage it.
How to get: Available from the Guns Dealer. 1 Lunar Ammo Bag Endless_Musket_Pouch.png (999 bullets) sold by 1 platinum.

Ichor_Arrow_Horizontal.png Lunar Arrow:
Damage: 17
Specialty: Piercing arrows that inflict the "Lunar Doom" debuff to enemies, less powerful than the "Lunar Wrath", causing 5-10 damage per second.
How to get: Sold by the Wizard. 1 Lunar QuiverEndless_Quiver.png(999 Arrows) sold by 1 platinum.

Melee
weapons:

Lunar_Sword.png Moon Slicer:
Melee Damage: 150
Knockback: 5
Velocity: 13
Critical Chance: 7%
Use time: 15
Tooltip: "Slice entire systems!"
Bonus: The sword throws a sword beam like the Terra Blade, this beam is piercing.
Crafting:Luminite_Bar.pngx26

Dao_of_Pow.png Constelation Breaker:
Melee Damage: 170
Knockback: 7
Velocity: 15
Critcial chance: 7%
Use time: 17
Tooltip: "Strong enough to take a planet out of it's orbit."
Bonus: Chance to confuse the enemy. Chance to alterate an enemy's gravity, like the "Disorted Gravity" debuff from the Vortex Pillar.
Crafting:Luminite_Bar.pngx22

Lunar_Spear.png Comet Destroyer:
Melee Damage: 130
Knockback: 6
Velocity: 5
Critical chance: 5%
Tooltip: "Destroy a meteorite with the might of the Moon."
Bonus: Shoot a laser spear like Daybreak, that sticks to enemies and causes the "Lunar Doom" debuff.

Magic
weapons:

Blizzard_Staff.png Galaxy Manipulator:
Magic Damage: 80
Mana: 15
Velocity: 7
Knockback: 7
Critical chance: 6%
Tooltip: "Shoot a galaxy in the size of a missile!"
Bonus: Shoots a controllable missile, like the Rainbow Rod, that when it impacts an enemy it explodes in Lunar Shards, targeting near enemies.
Crafting:Luminite_Bar.pngx28

Lunar_Flames_Staff2.png Lunar Wrath:
Magic Damage: 75
Mana: 20
Velocity: 14
Knockback:
Critical chance:
Use time: 16
Tooltip: "Throw the light of the Moon to your foes!"
Bonus: Throws a thunder that targets near enemies and shoots a powerful lgihtning strike from the sky.
Crafting:Luminite_Bar.pngx24

Lunar_Flare.png Meteor Shower:
Magic Damage: 90
Mana: 10
Knockback:
Critical chance:
Use time: 19
Tooltip: "Summon poweful meteors to rain in a beautiful but apocaliptic storm
!"
Bonus: Meteors shatter into harming pieces when they hit an enemy.
Crafting:Luminite_Bar.pngx26

Summoner
weapons:

Xeno_Staff.png Lunar Turret:
Summon Damage: 120
Use time: 29
Tooltip: "Martians? Huh, they seem to be a joke compared to this!"
Bonus: Summons 2 types of turrets, depending on where they are summoned.

Tesla_Turret.png Stationary Turret: These turrets shoot lasers to enemies near the area. Actived when summoned on ground.
Tesla_Turret_Floating.png Hovering Turret: They throw techy meteor-like grenades to enemies. Actived when summoned in mid-air.
Crafting:Luminite_Bar.pngx22

Deadly_Sphere_Staff.png Void Summoner:
Summon Damage: 50
Velocity: 10
Use time: 36
Tooltip: "Void Guardians are the best bodyguards ever!"

Bonus: Summons a Void Guardian Stardust_Guardian_minion.pngto damage your enemies, there's a chance they cast a portal to summon Void Souls, souls that follow your enemies.

Wow....that was one huge post, thanks to everyone for taking your time reading this. Hope you all have a good day and thanks if you decide to support or make suggestions for rebalancing and such. ^-^

Last edited:
Oh Boy, you sure like Black and Green
I like how the Weapons don't have Brute Base Damage, but Awesome buffs. Those are really Desnecessary, but it would be cool to see it in-game

BTW, you should especify the type of Damage (Melee, Ranged, Magic, Summon), i got really confused when trying to discover what the weapon is

Might as well support this, they look cool, but considering the Moon Lord drops and the armor wou cna already make with the Lumenite this would be redundant, unless forsome reasont he devs wanna make a higher tier.

I'd think that if this is gonna be in the game without there being more bosses stronger than the Moon lord, there has to be a bit more effort compared to jsut getting the Pillar armor (at least for the Lunar armor)

Well thank you guys for the comment. I know this is a bit redundant, but meh, I already had the sprites and so I said "Why not?". And honestly I don't believe a stronger boss than Moon Lord will be added. This set is mostly for those who want a combination of everything, melee, ranger, mage and summoner, so yeah. Thanks for your support. ^-^

I honestly thought that at first, but thing is that Hallowed Armor was an upgrade for all of them, prividing more defense, more damage, etc, while this armor only combines them 4, not providing as much stats, so it would be a totally unnecesary grind, that's why it is crafted with the Fragments instead of the armors. :3

I honestly thought that at first, but thing is that Hallowed Armor was an upgrade for all of them, prividing more defense, more damage, etc, while this armor only combines them 4, not providing as much stats, so it would be a totally unnecesary grind, that's why it is crafted with the Fragments instead of the armors. :3
Now that you mention it, it does seem a bit weaker compared tot he other armors. It's starting to make me retract my statement that it has to be harder to get than the other armors

Haha, don't worry, it's okay. It's a mix of everything, and not for that I'm going to make it have +100 mana, 70% chance of not consumming ammo, etc. So yeah, that's why the defense from Solar Falre, and the Shield but represented in another way, the mana aumentation, summoner capacity increasing x2, and the chance of not consumming from Vortex. :3

Lunar Bullets shouldn't be homing. They should rather have a more unique ability, such as dividing every X blocks travelled.
As for the sprites, they should be more colorful. Not to the point that they puke rainbows, but they shouldn't pretty much be only black and green.

Lunar Bullets shouldn't be homing. They should rather have a more unique ability, such as dividing every X blocks travelled.
As for the sprites, they should be more colorful. Not to the point that they puke rainbows, but they shouldn't pretty much be only black and green.

On the one hand, I like the black and Lime color scheme, on the other hand the ore itself seems to also have red on it, the Vortex armor is a thing and the black might make it hard to see the charatcer while fighting the Moon lord.

Maybe we should add orange, blue and magenta to the armor? have it represent all the pillars and such?

On the one hand, I like the black and Lime color scheme, on the other hand the ore itself seems to also have red on it, the Vortex armor is a thing and the black might make it hard to see the charatcer while fighting the Moon lord.

Maybe we should add orange, blue and magenta to the armor? have it represent all the pillars and such?
That would fit with the armor AND the weapons, althrough only the former should get a drastic change so the armor can be seen while fighting the Moon Lord.
The ammo would simply make do with a different resolution so it fits the game's art style.
Talking about which, the Lunar Ammo Bag should be replaced with an ammo box so that it doesn't look like an Endless Musket Pouch and so it's more fitting with thwe bullets' shape.
Similar for the items that mostly look like recolors, such as the Constelation Launcher, which looks like a recolored Laser Machine Gun.

Hey there Max- looking for a team to make a mod to extend how many weapons are available for pre-hardmode all the way to end game. I like the balance and vibe of the weapons and armor that you put up- they would be perfectly integrated into the game being well-rounded.

I would love to see what you could do with new weapons from the jungle or underworld, for example.

Shoot me a message if you are up for it.

Alright. First of all, sorry for the amazingly great bump I just gave. Second, I wanted to work on new sprites, but then I just noted this thread wasn't given as much replies as the Gauntlets one had, so I felt it a little pointless to do something, but meh, otherwise than that, I'll try to figure out a new ability for the Lunar Bullets, and maybe new sprites. And @TMB50 recolors/sprite fixes might be made, it took a lot of time to make everything, but I'll try. Just to say, The Constelation Launcher IS a Laser Machine Gun, I had the sprite from a time ago, and I simply said "Why not?", seems it was a horrible mistake after all. And @RiftFortune I would be amazingly glad to join the team.

Eh, there's a thing I just hate about this.
Recolors. Recolors. Recolors.

You should make unique sprites, maybe with Moon Lord's colors.

Hmmm....that may atually work better, instead of making every item have more than 5 palettes. I'll try to work on it as soon aa I have the time too.

@Max :3 Right now the team would be me you and Remi- another sprite artist. If you can code with JSON that would be amazing. :) If not then you and I need to look for one. I can do a little, but we should get a substantial person for it.

Tell you what, why don't you add me on skype. derp.mcherpy (I am in highschool and I have not changed my skype since 5th grade XD)

Back
Top Bottom